What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jones to Tennessee (Confirmed at 18 mil over 6 years)

Ha! This. What a tool. And in this case he was lying to two school at the same time.

Jesus, welcome to the real world. Have you never interviewed for or had to choose between multiple job offers? No big deal. We shoulda offered $3mil per if we really wanted him.

As it turns out just another mercenary selling his sword to the highest bidder. We don't need a guy like this to coach the Buffs. He'd be moving on from us in three years like he did Cincy

Yeah! Lets hire someone with loyalty! Like an alum. Cause there is just something wrong with a guy who puts his family ahead of loyalty to a job. :rofl:

The timeline seems clear now. Jones was in final discussions with CU when Tennessee called and outbid. If we knew in advance that an SEC team was in play, we would have known our chances were slim. Sure Jones will fail miserably at Tennessee (now I can root for Bama once a year) but he will be given every possible financial and administrative opportunity to succeed. CU cannot match that. Now we know that Bohn et al just got outbid in a contest they could never hope to win. Lets move on and find our next coach.

There! In the woods! A voice of reason!

Not only were we not offering $3mil per we were Los probably not offering 6 years. Or showing that kind of commitment to assistants pay. Just, time to move on.

I think the interesting aspect is the disinterested stance from Kirby Smart, someone who knows Tenn and knows what their future is. He wasn't interested at all.

So they give it to a coach who shopped around last year, shopped around this year and lost to Tenn's worst coach.

Yeah. Wotta future! CU Football is pretty lucky indeed.

Yeah! Lets hire someone with loyalty! Like an alum. Cause there is just something wrong with a guy who puts his family ahead of loyalty to a job. :rofl:

You really think he did this for his family and his players? :rofl:. He has accepted an offer from a school and then backed out three times in the last two years and four times in the past seven. He's a whore.

Here is the real question: Will the Vols make Mrs. Butch wear that flimsy, near see thru orange dress to games?

Here is the real question: Will the Vols make Mrs. Butch wear that flimsy, near see thru orange dress to games?

:nod:

ZM7571EastSideCollectionChiffonPartyDressesOrangeBackView1.jpg

Cause your pen pals? Tell us then, o fountain of wisdom, what were his true intentions behind the decision?

Money, as I said. There is no other reason to accept a contract at multiple places, have your agent leak the numbers, then bail when someone else offers you more money unless all you care about is money. It wasn't about his family.

Money, as I said. There is no other reason to accept a contract at multiple places, have your agent leak the numbers, then bail when someone else offers you more money unless all you care about is money. It wasn't about his family.

I think Miami's point is that to most working people with a family, those two things are related. If you have more money, you provide a better life and better security to your family.

I think Miami's point is that to most working people with a family, those two things are related. If you have more money, you provide a better life and better security to your family.
I understand that but I don't believe that is why he bailed on so many jobs

Here is the real question: Will the Vols make Mr. Butch wear that flimsy, near see thru orange dress to games?
fify

I think this would be perfect for him.... "Look at me, look at me! I'm Butch Jones!"

1st_-_orange_drag_queen_gown__58247_zoom.JPG

Last edited:
Manning, Fox and Elway all reportedly reached out to Jones and encouraged him to take the CU job

Back