What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

JoPa and his entire staff should be fired

they'll never do it, but the university should strongly consider shutting down the program if these allegations all prove to be true. if true, you have a widespread conspiracy over many decades to conceal the worst possible crime imaginable, funded by tax payer dollars. they should self impose the death penalty if this all turns out to be accurate.

the taint of this won't wear off for years.
My thoughts exactly. This scandal is like a roided up meth addict x100 than our "scandal".

I admit I've been too busy the last couple weeks to read up on this. Now I have, and I don't know whether to cry or puke.

Penn St. will use the Ohio State playbook on this one, I think. They'll throw JoPa under the bus, along with basically the entire coaching staff and half the athletic department. Then they'll say they've cleaned house and want to move on and put the past behind them. It'll take some time to recover, but probably not as long as it would at a school that doesn't have the resources they have there.

I don't know how to broach this. When CU was thrown under the bus by the press it was, well, sickening. We all developed a huge mistrust of the press because of the shoddy, biased, and poor reporting. We were appalled at the jump to conclusion.

For that reason, I find myself really torn. On the one hand, I have little trust of the press. On the other, the allegations are so heinous and the alleged duplicity of the University staff so astonishing that it is almost impossible to take a step back and suppress any emotion.

So, for me, I am trying to objectively filter the information before joining any sort of mob mentality. The important thing is to provide assistance to the victims and their families. Next, to filter all of the facts. Finally, for those in authority and the judicial system to administer both justice and restitution.

We need to see the facts. Who knew what. When did they know it. What did they do with what they knew. In some cases, laws were broken and legal action will be taken in accordance with the law. In other cases, decisions were made that float in a gray area of what should have a person done with the knowledge they had. But we must be selective in our reactions and our judgements. There is no room or excuse for mistake.
Umm dude. It isn't the press that is saying this. It is the press quoting sworn testimony. There is a difference.

This is far far worse than our "scandal" and we haven't even recovered from ours, I can't imagine what this will do for the future of PSU.

On a lot of levels, politically and morally, it is a far worse scandal than ours, but I don't think it won't be quite as damaging as most people forecast. In our "scandal", we had violations all cross the board- recruits, players, coaches, administration, etc. We looked bad from head to toe, inside to out. In PSU's case, they will have an easier time blaming this on one lone sick bastard and "a few" administrative personal that tried to cover it up. The football program will be able to dissociate itself from the negative publicity more easily. So recruiting, fan support, hiring new coaches, the football brand won't suffer quite as much as we did, IMO.

[video=youtube;7JXoXdIJQ7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JXoXdIJQ7I&feature=player_embedded[/video]

by
Penn St. will use the Ohio State playbook on this one, I think. They'll throw JoPa under the bus, along with basically the entire coaching staff and half the athletic department. Then they'll say they've cleaned house and want to move on and put the past behind them. It'll take some time to recover, but probably not as long as it would at a school that doesn't have the resources they have there.

Not even similar. Gee and Smith are still in place at OSU. At PSU, the decisions are now at the Board of Trustees level. The Pres will be gone, Curley, Larry and Joe, the GA and at that point the entire coaching staff may as well be gone.

I'm looking at this through the eyes of a terrified 10 year old getting boned in the shower by a monster against his will, an adult looks in (the GA), he hopes he will be saved from this nightmare and he sees this coward run away to call his daddy. That 10 year old kid's life is demolished. ****ing cowards all!

Last edited:
So the old and wise JoePa, the coach that mentored young men for decades, couldn't reach into his years of experience when faced with the GA's report of man-boy rape with the simple answer of "son you need to call the police... here use my phone."

What a weak, worthless excuse for a man; only concerned with a football program.

This. Exactly this.

His mission as a mentor to young men, in part, is to teach them to do the right thing. I'll sure as hell bet that's a recruiting bit he used on parents of recruits: Send your son my way and I'll teach him about life and right vs. wrong.

"Son, you need to call the police, here, use my phone" is the right thing to do, not "Ok I'll tell my boss and then we'll put you on the payroll."

This whole, sad, disgusting story is the definition of epic failure at all levels, from the GA on up. If I heard/read correctly, there was pretext phone call with at least an admission of wrongdoing by ****dusky in the '98 case, yet the case was closed, no charges filed? Failure at that level too.

It's hard to imagine Joe Pa wasn't involved in this. 40 counts over a 15 year period. Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse in the locker room - unbelievable.

I don't know how to broach this. When CU was thrown under the bus by the press it was, well, sickening. We all developed a huge mistrust of the press because of the shoddy, biased, and poor reporting. We were appalled at the jump to conclusion.

For that reason, I find myself really torn. On the one hand, I have little trust of the press. On the other, the allegations are so heinous and the alleged duplicity of the University staff so astonishing that it is almost impossible to take a step back and suppress any emotion.

So, for me, I am trying to objectively filter the information before joining any sort of mob mentality. The important thing is to provide assistance to the victims and their families. Next, to filter all of the facts. Finally, for those in authority and the judicial system to administer both justice and restitution.

We need to see the facts. Who knew what. When did they know it. What did they do with what they knew. In some cases, laws were broken and legal action will be taken in accordance with the law. In other cases, decisions were made that float in a gray area of what should have a person done with the knowledge they had. But we must be selective in our reactions and our judgements. There is no room or excuse for mistake.

You may have a point in terms of the press jumping on something sensational and printing before they are secure in the facts.

In this case however we have a grand jury indictment, we have a time line with multiple details, and we have the university taking action not against coaches but against high level adminstrators. In the end we may find that some of the details are different but I am pretty certain that the substance of what happened will prove to be unfortunately pretty accurate.

Unlike the CU situation the press has some real risk here if they are wrong. The cost of a slander suit for this kind of alegations would be huge and I am certain that the initial press coverage at least was vetted through the legal department.

Taking a little time and trying to look at things rationally makes a lot of sense and I understand your mixed feelings. At the same time these allegations have to have at least some semblance of truth and even if 75% of what has been said is wrong the remaining 25% is still horrific enough to justify a strong and immediate reaction.

Remember that when the "scandal" hit CU there was some truth to the allegations despite the huge majority being fabricated, stretched, or distorted. The difference is that much of what was true in the CU case was typical college kids stuff. You had underage drinking, you had an of age girl inviting guys into her apartment, getting to drunk to remember what she did exactly, then waking up and claiming she was raped. To say the least although the situation was negative there was some room for discussion about what really happened.

In this case when you are talking about sexual contact between an adult in a position of power and underage children there is no room for discussion. Instead you have wrong and more wrong, nothing else.

Can someone explain to me how this guy is coaching a college football team, do a pep talk or team talk at HT? I thought he was barely audible.

What about the idiots who are hanging outside his house, cheering him on? They should be burning his house down...

Saw Matt Millen who played for Paterno and Symanski on ESPN. He started out trying to defend and be loyal to Paterno, by the end of the segment as he thought about his kids and grandkids the rage started to take over as he asked the question about football being more important than the lives of the kids. I got the impression by the end that If he were to come face to face with Symanski or even Paterno he might do some damage.

What about the idiots who are hanging outside his house, cheering him on? They should be burning his house down...

uh shouldn't they be doing that to Sandusky's house? From what I know so far, I don't think Joe Pa didn't do enough but he's hardly a criminal like Sandusky or Curley and Schultz who lied to a grand jury.

i feel sorry for Jopa. He reported the issue to the admins. The man is not getting any younger,by 2002 he was like 75 years of age. What do you want him to do go around and do the job of the police. Americans like scandal, Jopa has not done anything wrong, he reported it, I don't get it.

uh shouldn't they be doing that to Sandusky's house? From what I know so far, I don't think Joe Pa didn't do enough but he's hardly a criminal like Sandusky or Curley and Schultz who lied to a grand jury.
Facepalm

i feel sorry for Jopa. He reported the issue to the admins. The man is not getting any younger,by 2002 he was like 75 years of age. What do you want him to do go around and do the job of the police. Americans like scandal, Jopa has not done anything wrong, he reported it, I don't get it.
Epic super ****ing big facepalm.

This makes you look a little jackassy, and you're already suffering in the recruiting forums. On the flip side, here's the latest from Joepa in a press release:

[hide]They're gonna win [/hide]

JoPa is the coach, his job is not investigate, the people that should lose there jobs are the administrators that didn't report the incidents to the police. The police should file charges if possible to the adminstrators that where aware and did nothing. And BTW why are we not focusing on the real criminal in his case.

JoPa is the coach, his job is not investigate, the people that should lose there jobs are the administrators that didn't report the incidents to the police. The police should file charges if possible to the adminstrators that where aware and did nothing. And BTW why are we not focusing on the real criminal in his case.

Why didn't he call the police? Why didn't the ginger GA that saw the incident call the police?

Back