What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb - Thoughts......

NYbuffDIEHARD

Forgive me if I am missing the post about Webb but how are we all feeling about him now being a heartbeat away from game action again? I read he is the backup and ready to go.

It makes me very nervous. Wood has struggled, but I really don't think Webb has it.

It's not just you. I watched JW at KU and was not impressed. Apparently, neither was Fat Charlie. I watched JW at CU and was not impressed. That being said, if he can step in and preserve Sefo and Gehrke's RS if Wood goes out for a quarter, or a game, then I am all for it.

I watched JW at KU and was not impressed, but he played for an awful offense.
Fat Charlie passed on him, but seriously, does Fat Charlie have ANY Cred at this point?
JW looked awful in our offense last year, but EVERYONE did. Connor Wood didn't look good either. Give the kid the benefit of the doubt, given the staffs he's played for prior.

While I don't think Webb is nearly as talented as Connor Wood (when Connor is right), he is a gamer and a tough kid.

I'll leave it to these coaches to decide as they've displayed nothing but competency since Day 1. Last year at this time we were actually talking about the Great Shane Dillon. Which shows that none of us have a clue how any of the QBs are competing with each other.

Like every other kid that looked like a clown last year, Webb deserves the benefit of the doubt and huge Kudos for getting ready to play, which took a lot of hard work and a little pain. If he's our best option, this is good news.

Jordan Webb is the best QB we have, and we might never know about because of last year. Connor Wood will not hit anybody to get a first down or a TD. We all know that (I think). I still remember the WSU game last year where without him, we would have been 0-12. If that matters.

Jordan Webb is the best QB we have, and we might never know about because of last year. Connor Wood will not hit anybody to get a first down or a TD. We all know that (I think).

Agreed. It was the original fat man, Mark Mangino, who recruited Webb as the heir to Todd Reesing. Mangino had a hell of an eye for talent. Webb is a tough kid and a gamer and although he's no Reesing, I believe he's better than Wood.

I don't even worry about this stuff. Mac will do what is best for the program. For the first time in a very long while, I think we can trust in our staff.

Nobody wanted Wood and he has played so-so but better than people thought against CSU. Webb was the better QB last year than him and if he plays I am okay with it. He can't make any more mistakes than Wood has the last two games.

We have a QB problem. Not a fan of Conner Wood game. But he is the best option at this point. We need to simplify things for him. Call deep throws. Use the TE more in the offense and run the ball better.

We have a QB problem. Not a fan of Conner Wood game. But he is the best option at this point. We need to simplify things for him. Call deep throws. Use the TE more in the offense and run the ball better.

:lol:

How does Webb playing this year make us a better team in 2014?

it probably doesnt, but it allows us to get older and hopefully gives us a much better 2015 team. I'd rather park these redshirts and allow people to mature a little, playing them young clearly hasnt worked.

Nobody wanted Wood and he has played so-so but better than people thought against CSU. Webb was the better QB last year than him and if he plays I am okay with it. He can't make any more mistakes than Wood has the last two games.

The hard-headed never learn...

it probably doesnt, but it allows us to get older and hopefully gives us a much better 2015 team. I'd rather park these redshirts and allow people to mature a little, playing them young clearly hasnt worked.

It makes us extremely inexperienced at QB next season.

For the first time ever, DBT strikes me as almost logical in this thread, but that's compared to some pretty illogical things posted by a few others.

I wish HCMM would hand over our offense to BB2.

I think it's a joke but. The only thing that is ok about it is if it saves Sefo's redshirt. Other than that I don't get it. He has off the field issues, sucks at QB, and won't be here next year so it does nothing to help us then.

Forgive me if I am missing the post about Webb but how are we all feeling about him now being a heartbeat away from game action again? I read he is the backup and ready to go.

It makes me very nervous. Wood has struggled, but I really don't think Webb has it.

Does it really make a difference? Is Wood somehow going to win 4 more games, where Webb wouldn't be able to win 1?

Bunch of hand-wringing over an issue that is largely irrelevant.

Sure he can. I can't believe we are having a conversation that includes the words "Jordan Webb".

Webb is not a BCS level winning starting QB. He is also in his final year of eligibility. Unless he has magically had a Joe Montana transfusion and become a genious on the field he does not give us anything we don't already have in Wood and fails to give us the physical ability of Wood.

So far this season our entire offense has been based on big plays to PRich. Everything else we have been able to do is helped if not made possible by teams loosening up to try to prevent PRich from burning them deep. Webb already showed last year that he doesn't have the arm to hit the deep pass so suddenly defenses start to play up on us.

If playing him as a back-up saves Sefo his RS year then I could support that. I think that Sefo will be much more valuable to us as a fifth year senior than as a true fr. backup in a year where a bowl bid is highly unlikely.

At the same time I also agree with the question posed earlier about maintaining Gehrke's RS. Unless something happens that is a big surprise to all of us fans Gehrke isn't likely to ever compete for the starting job. We should be able to affort to trade his last year of eligibility for some experience now that will make him a better backup going forward. We already have a commitment from Apsay and I would fully expect the coaches to continue to recruit QBs ongoing.

Realize that Wood has already won 1/2 as many games as a starter in 4 games as Webb has won in 3 years. You can blame Fat Charlie and the lousy Jayhawks, JE and the dissaster that was last years Buffs, but bottom line is that Webb hasn't gotten it done so far and won't be here either way as a part of the future.

One thing I like about Webb. He will stay in the pocket and take a hit. (Not a 4:20 setup)

Game is effectively over when Webb gets in there.

I guess in a few years when we have a fifth year senior Sefo I can look back and say what a good decision it was to play Webb in garbage time instead of Sefo.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Jordan Webb has given his all in the situation he was put in, and he proved last year he is a tough SOB from all the hits he took and kept on playing. That isn't enough. Then the off season drama too? If you want to not kill the redshirt for Sefo or Gehrke, I fully get that and understand, but if you are not willing to put Stevie Jo in that role, cut SJD loose. I admire Jordan Webb for his toughness, but I'd rather see Derrick Webb play QB then Jordan Webb.

I think it's a joke but. The only thing that is ok about it is if it saves Sefo's redshirt. Other than that I don't get it. He has off the field issues, sucks at QB, and won't be here next year so it does nothing to help us then.

:thumbsup:

ok I'll say it.

Who cares about the off-season "drama" aka Webb standing there while a husker beat up a Cadet?

ok I'll say it.

Who cares about the off-season "drama" aka Webb standing there while a husker beat up a Cadet?

:stupid: Yeah, Webb has been absolved by the court and by that nasty CU Disciplinary Committee. He's clean with respect to off-field issues.

Webb played for the worst two college HCs evah! Give him a break, he's earned some good karma from that. Maybe eb nough to help win a couple of gmaes for us. As duly noted above, he was recruited by Mangino the Hut and yet not eaten alive until Gill showed up. Then he elected to cast in with WB.....I say "Ooooooooooooom".

I believe that MM will do what's best for the team for the present and future. If that means playing Webb and preserving redshirts, that's what he thinks is best and I'm on board with it. I know it's early, but MM has earned my trust.

Macintyre was correct saying it is very likely we will see a backup qb at some point this season. Especially if it is for a half, might as well be the (experienced) devil we know. Lindgren had an interesting comment early in the season: "I think any time you're putting a freshman in, you want to simplify it a little bit and focus on things he's comfortable with." If this is still true, I don't think we can afford an even more simplified offense. At the very least it will give us some depth.

I watched JW at KU and was not impressed, but he played for an awful offense.
Fat Charlie passed on him, but seriously, does Fat Charlie have ANY Cred at this point?
JW looked awful in our offense last year, but EVERYONE did. Connor Wood didn't look good either. Give the kid the benefit of the doubt, given the staffs he's played for prior.

While I don't think Webb is nearly as talented as Connor Wood (when Connor is right), he is a gamer and a tough kid.

I'll leave it to these coaches to decide as they've displayed nothing but competency since Day 1. Last year at this time we were actually talking about the Great Shane Dillon. Which shows that none of us have a clue how any of the QBs are competing with each other.

Like every other kid that looked like a clown last year, Webb deserves the benefit of the doubt and huge Kudos for getting ready to play, which took a lot of hard work and a little pain. If he's our best option, this is good news.

I feel the complete opposite. Webb may have played for some awful offenses, but he's had what 30+ starts in his career and has shown absolutely nothing. Wood has struggled lately, but he's won a couple games this season and has one game where he threw for over 400 yards. We're right about where most expected this team to be at this point, so what more does Webb bring to the table?

And maybe I was watching a different player, but "gamer" is not a word I would use to describe Webb. I've never seen a QB sulk more in my life - he looks completely defeated halfway through the 2nd quarter in most games.

Back