What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jordan Webb

I'm not ready to toss Webb under the bus just yet. With an average o-line he might look better. However, the pass out the back of the endzone on 4th and goal was inexcusable. He wasn't even close on a simple right bootleg. That's not on the line or the WR.

I'm not ready to toss Webb under the bus just yet. With an average o-line he might look better. However, the pass out the back of the endzone on 4th and goal was inexcusable. He wasn't even close on a simple right bootleg. That's not on the line or the WR.

coach should never have called that play, call a time out grab your -line remind them they are playing freaking CSU and go straight at them. Win or lose the game right there, not that horse **** roll-out play with a clearly limping QB.

Not going to put that loss on Webb, but I saw two things that are going to be issues going forward: accuracy and average athleticism.

I am now understanding a bit more why his YPA was so low at Kansas. His accuracy on intermediate and deep routes is just not there, probably will never be there. I also am understanding a bit more why Kansas struggled so much. A QB with average athleticism operating exclusively out of the shotgun is pretty easy to defend.

Not going to put that loss on Webb, but I saw two things that are going to be issues going forward: accuracy and average athleticism.

I am now understanding a bit more why his YPA was so low at Kansas. His accuracy on intermediate and deep routes is just not there, probably will never be there. I also am understanding a bit more why Kansas struggled so much. A QB with average athleticism operating exclusively out of the shotgun is pretty easy to defend.

His throws after he went down with that hip injury went to ****, I hope it isnt so bad he misses time because apparently a 1 legged Webb throwing dead ducks is a better option than Wood/Hirsch.

Webb certainly didn't show us anything to indicate he is the next great college QB. Average at a lot of things, outstanding at none.

That said Duff Man is correct in this loss not being on Webb. He was under constant pressure all day. When he hit on the hot streak he was effective enough but he had niether the time nor the speed at WR to do anything downfield. A lot of the gameplan looked to be based on play action but when you can't block well enough to get a back to the LOS without contact the play action fame is useless.

It would be nice to have a difference maker at QB but until this team can support that it doesn't matter which QB we have.

I wonder if the coaches went to Webb over the more talented Wood knowing that the OL sucks and that the premium would be on fast decision making and functioning under constant pressure.

Spot on analysis. Give Webb a good running game, time to throw, and receivers who separate and I think he'd pick a team apart. He doesn't seem to force bad throws, which helps a lot. I don't mind a game manager at QB. But it's not going to win you many games when your WRs can't get open and your OL can't block.

Most of his throws seemed off target and low. The receivers made a lot of nice adjustments to his passes especially the second td. Amazing adjustment.

concur, with the above. Just like Cootie Hackins had limitations Webb seems to have the same dink and dunk passing ability. Limited mobility and arm strength , shorter stature and questionable coaching. Unfortunately for the Buffs will result in similar results. Some nice wins but a lot of losses and NO winning seasons.

Most of his throws seemed off target and low. The receivers made a lot of nice adjustments to his passes especially the second td. Amazing adjustment.

I thought that was purposefully thrown to the back shoulder. No?

I thought that was purposefully thrown to the back shoulder. No?

Unless tyler is 2 feet tall that was more like his back knee. If the pass was a lot higher it would have been a great throw but it was about four feet short and forced Tyler to have to turn his body the wrong way to grab it.

My expectations for him were pretty low to begin with. I thought he was a lot more Cody than he was Reesing. His accuracy wasn't as advertised and his athleticism certainly wasn't there. He's definitely a tough guy, though.

I can't really advocate for a change to Wood considering the coaches went with Webb over him even considering his injury. He must be really bad.

edit: I must add, his play action looked very good. Not that the defense had to bite much because we couldn't run, but the guy sells it very well.

Last edited:
Hopefully Saturday provides an opportunity for Wood to get much-needed game experience.

With this OL it wouldn't matter if manning was our qb. It would be nice to have coaches who actually got the most out of their players.

This OL can't push around the csu d-line or give the qb any time against that weak dl?

I hope it changes one year,not holding my breath anytime soon.

Game manager, not difference maker.... And the song remains the same...
yeah, yeah another "great manager" the coaches rave about. What they are really saying is we didnt a do good job recruiting and coaching a difference maker and the talent is too young so we want you to buy what we are selling by marketing our ability to run this program through catchy phrases that mask our ineptitude.

Game managers are fine when you have a good running game

Exactly. And also when you can protect your QB, but the running game will therefore lead to better protection. If we need to count on Webb to win any games with his play-making ability it's likely not gonna happen.

Back