What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Joshua Tupou, CU Buffs lineman, facing assault charges in University Hill brawl

You are completely missing the point and taking the victim approach (once again) is disappointing, if not surprising.
Not taking a victim approach, just think it's unnecessary. There are a lot of other things you could call me out about, choosing this one seems odd.

Last edited:
I know it's Monday, but chill. I thought that was the article CUFan was referring to. It wasn't. I linked it. That's it.

I'll chill if you do? people have been asking you to do so for a while.

24002973.jpg

Hopefully the new "institutional support" for the football program helps make this Tupou situation different than the Sipili situation. Wanna be big time? Have to have the "non football" people running the school sweep some things under the rug sometimes.

This will be an interesting litmus test.

This will be an interesting litmus test.

They did it with Jim Leavitt so there's precedent for it happening again. Hopefully, if everything gets plea bargained down in court and no serious punishments are handed down, they'll forego the "self-imposed" punishments.

Hopefully the new "institutional support" for the football program helps make this Tupou situation different than the Sipili situation. Wanna be big time? Have to have the "non football" people running the school sweep some things under the rug sometimes.

I think it would be more appropriate to say that the "non football" people running the school allow due process to occur prior to making a knee-jerk reaction. If player is exonerated or found to be dealing with a misdemeanor charge, then allow the coach to punish accordingly. I don't ever want anything swept under the rug when it shouldn't be.

I think it would be more appropriate to say that the "non football" people running the school allow due process to occur prior to making a knee-jerk reaction. If player is exonerated or found to be dealing with a misdemeanor charge, then allow the coach to punish accordingly. I don't ever want anything swept under the rug when it shouldn't be.

Look, I'm not advocating for the administration to do something wrong or immoral; I'm simply saying they shouldn't unnecessarily hamstring the football program by imposing further punishments on Tupou than the actual court does. They do not need to go above and beyond, to prove a point like they seemingly did with Sipili.

Look, I'm not advocating for the administration to do something wrong or immoral; I'm simply saying they shouldn't unnecessarily hamstring the football program by imposing further punishments on Tupou than the actual court does. They do not need to go above and beyond, to prove a point like they seemingly did with Sipili.

You and I are on the same page about how this process should occur. I just thought that "swept under the rug" was not the best choice of words because of what it implies.

Yeah, I'm not seeing what 'Tini did wrong.

I think tini has built up so much ill will with numerous members that he now tends to rub people the wrong way even if he isn't necessarily doing anything really wrong. Of course he still does plenty to deserve his reputation.

You and I are on the same page about how this process should occur. I just thought that "swept under the rug" was not the best choice of words because of what it implies.

You're right, that makes it sound like they are looking the other way when they know a football player is doing something wrong.

However, a discussion has been had before about MM's recruiting and how he doesn't have the big time "mindset" to recruit well, where that mindset being of potentially "cutting some corners" or recruiting practices that might toe the line a little bit, as long as it meant CU started getting 4* or 5* players. If that's the mindset about recruiting, don't you think a similar approach should be taken when talking about how "non-football" university officials deal with matters such as these?

Yeah, I'm not seeing what 'Tini did wrong.
I try not to beat up 'Tini too much, outside of threads where he's considering moving back in with his parents.

But I fully understand Abs' point here. I was left with the impression that 'Tini was justifying a defense attorney's remarks as some sort of rallying point for hope, and not seeing them for what they were.

And then 'Tini confused the Sipili event (Sipili event one with Sipili event two). In that case we had a football player get in a fight, and it seemed like there would be insufficient legal ramifications to prevent his playing time. But then the student board rolled in and suspended him. That's a real concern here.

I think tini has built up so much ill will with numerous members that he now tends to rub people the wrong way even if he isn't necessarily doing anything really wrong. Of course he still does plenty to deserve his reputation.

Not related to this thread specifically, but to me it's that most of his posts are opinion stated as fact which rubs people the wrong way, and that if someone disagrees with him he goes on the defensive rather than actually considering an opposing viewpoint. That's why any disagreement with him turns into an argument rather than a discussion.

Then there's these "everyone else is the jackass" type posts:

Note to self: don't post articles thst are relevant to the topic

Not related to this thread specifically, but to me it's that most of his posts are opinion stated as fact which rubs people the wrong way, and that if someone disagrees with him he goes on the defensive rather than actually considering an opposing viewpoint. That's why any disagreement with him turns into an argument rather than a discussion.

I've changed my mind. **** 'Tini, that mother****ing ****face.

EDIT: And Burrito too.

Last edited:

Actually that is what I call a "smartass" post

Go **** yourself dooshbaugette. That's right, you suck so much you're French.

Oh and thanks for letting me "borrow the truck."

Lick my grundle.

No sweat on the truck--though I'm a little concerned by the quotation marks. Wait! What did we agree to again?

Back