What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

JUCO Transfers

I don't think Embree ever said that JUCOs were off the table - he recruited JUCO in 2011 and 2012. The problem is that so few are a fit that it becomes really hard. As others have mentioned, the transfer of credits is really difficult. Most of it has to do with credits towards your major.

TINI I have no idea where you have heard that Bohn is working on a Sports Major or that JUCO rules are changing. Neither is accurate. Bohn has no power to implement a major and it would be a daunting task...CU has been cutting majors - Journalism for example. CCHE and others would be involved on any new curriculum - CU is not interested in adding anything like a Sport Major. There are no Juco rules per se, just rules on transferring in credits. Those are not about to change.
Directly from him at the Spring Luncheon

Embree did try to sign some JUCOS. Morgan Breslin and Ceachir(sp) were offered and visited last year, Ceachir couldn't get in. Breslin is now starting for USC, Ceachir is now at UCLA.

Embree did try to sign some JUCOS. Morgan Breslin and Ceachir(sp) were offered and visited last year, Ceachir couldn't get in. Breslin is now starting for USC, Ceachir is now at UCLA.

Details or links?

4b2008ca-4ddb-83ad.jpg

Read somewhere that KU is following KSU's plan by bringing in like 14 juco's this next season.

Starting in 2013, CU should be able to compete pretty well for JUCO transfers. Knowing this was coming, I thought it was an incredibly bad move for Embree to not spend time nurturing JUCO relationships. This is an area where Mike Mac is positioned to accomplish a lot for us in a hurry.

Yet another example of WB's failure to plan = planning to fail. Had to go, based on this consistent pattern. In direct contrast, HCMM has a plan.

and csu is adding 4 juco's??? wtf is going on in Boulder? I guess we are rolling with the same old roster... we will see what kind of coach MikeMac is soon enough I guess

all i know is coming off a 1-11 season we need help in all area's!...juco help is part of the equation!!

Load up and start winning then pick a couple of key positions each season after that. Some of these guys are big time, or will be. CU needs some players like this

Back