What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Juicebox on The Fan

I did not hear the interview. But I've heard Al and this DMack guy before. Sounds like he's trying to make a name for himself. I'd bet, behind the scenes, that Al might be a bit pissed. It'll be interesting to see how long DMack sticks around.

It's funny how Al has changed his tune on Hawkins and the program. After CSU he was up in arms. Now he is more "lets just wait and see. I've seen many programs get it turned around." I wonder what changed with Al?

If you did hear the whole show, you would have a different opinion.

The guy asked all the right questions and did nothing wrong. As said above by another poster, the reason the questions came across like that is because Hawk set himself up for it by being a half hour late to the show.

Think about it for a second... If you ask Hawkins any questions about CU football they are going to be tough questions that he is going to dodge. THERE ARE NO EASY/NICE QUESTIONS THAT CAN BE ASKED ABOUT THIS PROGRAM RELATING TO THE LAST HALF DECADE.

Thanks for the link to the interview clip. Those were some of the questions I'd have asked (missing was the "Why do you pull rhythm-runners off the field so take away momentum, turn them back in to cold players and stall drives? Why can't rhythm runners be used to maintain their hot-hand?") and I heard expected answers.

If Coach felt the questions were inappropriate, most of those could have been softened by longer pre-question discussions, but the Coach's decision on phoning in at THAT time eliminated that. He asked for little time - he was given little time, including no warm-up's, no softies. When he makes HIS decisions better, then perhaps interviewers can modify theirs.

If he doesn't feel any obligation to fans, fine. I see ZERO REASON to have any respect for the press whatsoever, but as long as he steps into their arena, then he should know what's going to happen.

I love the new excuse: "I never said that!" I wonder when someone will mention that was the team motto going into the season? And it was posted on Coach's wall but those posters have long been removed.

Let me answer this. Because I Speedy kicks as and to idea of saying someone is a "Rhythm runner" is absurd.

Klatt and Kreckman :smile2:

I do realize that Clough has this small, but rabid following in the Denver area. I never got it. I don't think he is as knowledgeable as everyone thinks, he is an asshole to callers, he hates CU, and he is a condescending jerk most of time.

The only time I liked Clough was when he was paired with Mark Moser a few years back. The Moser didn't put up with grumpy Clough, and both called him on his sports claims and made the show fun.

I quit listening to sports talk altogether when Jim Ryan was fired from the Fan. He and Mosure were a good combo. Sandy is so abrasive I cannot see why anyone likes him. He's the Jiszla of the local airwaves. He revels in being an asshole.

Let me answer this. Because I Speedy kicks as and to idea of saying someone is a "Rhythm runner" is absurd.

The guy did well in his one game where he got more than 4 carries spread out. Why not try it again to see if it was a fluke? He's averaging 4.7 ypc.

I quit listening to sports talk altogether when Jim Ryan was fired from the Fan. He and Mosure were a good combo. Sandy is so abrasive I cannot see why anyone likes him. He's the Jiszla of the local airwaves. He revels in being an asshole.

Give Klatt and Kreckman a shot on 1510 betwenn 3 - 6 (if you can). I have been nothing but impressed with their show.

Again?!? Really? I thought they were on 1600 AM in the afternoon.

Klatt and Kreckman is by far the best sports radio show in the market. Two guys who have good voices for radio, know the local sports scene, can think on their feet, and are halfway intelligent. That combination doesn't work for any of the other shows.

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Klatt and Kreckman :smile2:

I do realize that Clough has this small, but rabid following in the Denver area. I never got it. I don't think he is as knowledgeable as everyone thinks, he is an asshole to callers, he hates CU, and he is a condescending jerk most of time.

The only time I liked Clough was when he was paired with Mark Moser a few years back. The Moser didn't put up with grumpy Clough, and both called him on his sports claims and made the show fun.

Actually, I'll give Klatt a shot. No one else in that time slot has anything going on.

Irony, thy name be "Buffarino".

:lol:

Well, since you can only hear am 1600 if you are within 100' of the broadcast booth or have an antenna as high as The Sears Tower

Or at Brewery Bar Two. You know me, I loooooove those Ray-yay-nos. Hey, remember Dirk Upperdon? Heck of a football player and shotputter for Simla high school back in the 60's. He could run, too. Anchored their 4x100 team his senior year. Heck of an athlete. Reminds me a little of Sean Danby, who... (mumble, mumble, mumble). Be RIGHT BACK with George Gwozdecky!

Close there Denver)sc... but it isn't BE RIGHT BACK.... it is TIME OUT!!!

The guy did well in his one game where he got more than 4 carries spread out. Why not try it again to see if it was a fluke? He's averaging 4.7 ypc.

He did well against a team that is making nobody RB look like Heisman candidates. I would have love to see what a Healthy Speedy would have done in that game.

What do you expect to see DS do Chilly? The two times a game he gets a carry, the OL produces a wall for him to run into. I suppose he could run 10 yards in the wrong direction like Speedy, but I'm not sure the coaches would give him any more carries after he did that. Just to clarify I'm not trying to take a shot at Speedy, I really do believe he is the best back on the team, regardless of scheme. I just think DS is being wasted sitting on the bench while we're throwing 4 yard curls to Espy. I also think we're wasting Lockridge in the same way. We have to get these guys the ball. Hell line up in the wishbone with all 3 of them out there and have all 3 run a pattern.

What do you expect to see DS do Chilly? The two times a game he gets a carry, the OL produces a wall for him to run into. I suppose he could run 10 yards in the wrong direction like Speedy, but I'm not sure the coaches would give him any more carries after he did that. Just to clarify I'm not trying to take a shot at Speedy, I really do believe he is the best back on the team, regardless of scheme. I just think DS is being wasted sitting on the bench while we're throwing 4 yard curls to Espy. I also think we're wasting Lockridge in the same way. We have to get these guys the ball. Hell line up in the wishbone with all 3 of them out there and have all 3 run a pattern.

There is only so many plays you can run in a game. Somebody has to sit the bench. Unfortunately in this case it happens to be DS. He, as of right now, is not the #1 RB on the team and trying to fabricate carries for a second stringer makes no sense to me.

AS far as Speedy goes very seldom do you see him running in the wrong direction. He finds holes quickly and hit them with speed and commitment. DS does not have the same vision right now.

Give Klatt and Kreckman a shot on 1510 betwenn 3 - 6 (if you can). I have been nothing but impressed with their show.
Except that Joel is such a huge Barnett guy that he has lost all objectivity. He hates Hawkins and it is clear that he has an agenda. That is not "journalism." Sorry.

There is only so many plays you can run in a game. Somebody has to sit the bench. Unfortunately in this case it happens to be DS. He, as of right now, is not the #1 RB on the team and trying to fabricate carries for a second stringer makes no sense to me.

AS far as Speedy goes very seldom do you see him running in the wrong direction. He finds holes quickly and hit them with speed and commitment. DS does not have the same vision right now.

You see holes when DS gets the ball? Like more than one? Like one at all? You just seem to be overly critical of DS for some reason, while you're one of most outspoken people giving Hawk a break. Seems a little contradictory to me. To me they both have the potential, difference is one has had their shot, one hasn't really had their shot, yet you choose to dismiss that one.

Except that Joel is such a huge Barnett guy that he has lost all objectivity. .

Joel has won more games than Juicebox ever will at CU..

Talkins has lost all the credibility he had from the fanbase. I could give a damn what the f$ck he says anymore.. Just STFU Hawk and win some damn games you overpaid doofus..

You see holes when DS gets the ball? Like more than one? Like one at all? You just seem to be overly critical of DS for some reason, while you're one of most outspoken people giving Hawk a break. Seems a little contradictory to me. To me they both have the potential, difference is one has had their shot, one hasn't really had their shot, yet you choose to dismiss that one.

:thumbsup:

So explain to me why is Speedy able to hit it up into the line and find a 3-4 yard gain and DS can't

DS has been given his shot. It's called practice. Why everyone want to ignore this is beyond me at this point. DS had potential coming out of high school. To date he has not been able to turn that potential into success on the field.

Here is what I find ironic. Many want to slam Sumler and point to DS and his success in against Toledo as evidence he needs the ball 15 times to find a rhythm. Yet Sumler averaged 5 yards a carry against UT on 4 carries, His 1 carry against WVU went for 7 yards, In the Toledo game itself he averaged 5 yards on 4 carries. So why is it that our other RB don't need the ball 15 times a game to average nice yardage?

You want me to pull Sumler who can get me 4+ yards a carry with limited touches for a guy who has to have 10 carries before he can gain over 5 yards, because he needs to find a rhythm? I really don't see the point everyone is trying to make, and to be perfectly honest, and I think the concept of having a RB has to find a rhythm to be successful is nothing more than hot air.

I really believe that this has more to do with many not liking Hawkins than it does with people seeing a stud RB in DS.

Last edited:
Except that Joel is such a huge Barnett guy that he has lost all objectivity. He hates Hawkins and it is clear that he has an agenda. That is not "journalism." Sorry.

He's not trying to be a journalist... he runs a sports talk show.

It isn't like he attacking a team with a .600 winning percentage... this teams is at .333. There is lots of criticism to be doled out (as you're well aware :cool:)

Joel was a"warrior" too and was a buff. You're such a huge hawk apologist that you have lost all objectivity.

Back