What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jumping the gun a little but....

o_robbie

I don't think before I post
If we do hire Butch Jones I see three kids committed to Cinci that I wouldn't mind here at CU.
AJ Branisel TE 3 Star on Scout
Aregeros Truner DB 3 Star on Scout
Rasheen Jones OLB 3 Star on Scout.

Add those 3 guys to the recruiting class and things are looking a little brighter already.

The departing coach typically does not poach committed players from his previous school.

All those kids were from Ohio so I don't know if we can pull them over here not. Maybe Speedy can give them a call and talk about how nice it is in Boulder.

I hate to say it but the Cinci class in overly impressive? I am very interested in who we can pick up in the next 60 days and who we will lose on the current commit list.

Honestly I only met him briefly. My OC was the de facto guardian for Orr so he was in more of the meetings. I actually thought he would go to Illini after meeting w/Zook.

The departing coach typically does not poach committed players from his previous school.

Almost everytime a coach is hired from another school (even assistants) they usually take a couple of recruits with them...so I think typically they do poach recruits from their previous school. They have relationships and typically they have to salvage a recruiting class.

How things go with Parsons, Sefo, and a couple other commits should tell us a lot about Jones's recruiting ability. We need sugar for the new batch of kool aid, no?

If Jones becomes our new coach, I'd expect him to use a good part of December to first evaluate what we have on the roster thru film (both CU film and HS film for guys who didn't get much chance to put it on film). This will included practice footage of guys on the scout team, etc. His first order is to assess where are the biggest holes that need to be plugged asap. Establish how many schollies he has and where to use them in terms of positions.

Secondly, I'd expect him to review tape of committed guys, but I wouldn't expect a lot of time here. A lot of these guys don't have options close to CU at this time, and others were committed to JE or his guys and will change course. Expect complete about-faces at some positions such as OL, where I think he likes mobility (guys like Lewis, Munyer, etc) over some of the big bodies that are currently committed (300 pound High School kids with no other offers for example).

Then he will also get a flavor of guys who we were recruiting that had interest in CU that may be interested in CU with a new staff. Throw in other guys (like Parsons) who may be open to a new staff. These are the guys outside his traditional footprint. Add in a whole new level of guys that he's familiar with but were looking at B10 schools and Cincy was a backup, etc. He may feel he can compete now with Iowa for example better than before.
Included all the in-state kids in this group.

Cincy's class is a lot better (on paper per the recruiting rankings) than the one that was committed to Embree (and waffling big time), so I wouldn't measure his success by who he retains. I see him honoring a few of the guys, but having to honestly tell the others that they don't fit his system and moving on. That may go for Parsons as well guys. There has been info out there for some time (some may be correct or incorrect) on Parsons, but the bottom line is that he may or may not even be a target for Jones.

If an OL (for instance) isn't a fit for his system, it's in everyone's best interest to tell the kid asap rather than let him find out after he got here. So prepare yourself for some kids not getting their offer honored. THis is the best thing, no matter how difficult it is.

I will be interested to hear what their evaluation of Sefo is. He looks like a guy who could play in their system. Butch seems to take 1 QB per year every year.

Last edited:
Back