What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

June Jones Resigning from SMU

I snipped this from an SB nation article. Woods refers to reporter from BruinsOnline FWIW. Not establishing a connection with Mixon might have been a good thing.

That was the report. That Broussard had only signed one blue chip RB to UCLA in his 2 years. Also, that he wasn't seen as being as relentless as a guy like Klemm on the recruiting trail. I never saw that confirmed as more than speculation. I personally read the situation as him not meshing with Mora for whatever reason. He sure brought in talent for ASU while he was running their recruiting.

Sure fire Mike Mctinyre pay him his $2 million per year left on his contract and hire June Jones, start all over again and in 2 years we will be back again saying fire June Jones.

Sure fire Mike Mctinyre pay him his $2 million per year left on his contract and hire June Jones, start all over again and in 2 years we will be back again saying fire June Jones.

Glad to see you summed up the thread pretty well. We were all talking about this very thing.

June Jones for CU Coach 2015!!

Here is what has come out in DFW, June quit because he thinks this team has a real chance of going 0-12. June still wants to coach and thought that if he rode out the 0'fer he would be fired and at his age would not get another job. SMU was ok with the story because they wanted him out. He has spent ZERO time recruiting the last couple years since the ASU debacle went down. In fact the word from the Hill is June was so interested in recruiting last spring that he was in Hawaii on national signing day.

I snipped this from an SB nation article. Woods refers to reporter from BruinsOnline FWIW. Not establishing a connection with Mixon might have been a good thing.

"...failure to establish a connection with Mixon" = Not walking into Mixon's crib with an envelope full of Benjamins!

Brilliant summary of he thread. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what has come out in DFW, June quit because he thinks this team has a real chance of going 0-12. June still wants to coach and thought that if he rode out the 0'fer he would be fired and at his age would not get another job. SMU was ok with the story because they wanted him out. He has spent ZERO time recruiting the last couple years since the ASU debacle went down. In fact the word from the Hill is June was so interested in recruiting last spring that he was in Hawaii on national signing day.

I am not sure why anyone would take a flyer on June Jones anymore. He is obviously talented, but seems to be very temperamental. If it doesn't go his way, he takes his ball and goes home.

He's tired and old and accomplished. Let him go.

And let's not confuse him with Saban.

He had 9 years at Hawaii and won the league 2 of them WAC including one tie for first at 5-2 in conference.
In 7 years at SMU he has tied for the league twice with confernce records of 6-2 each time. C-USA and AAC

Back