What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just about three weeks until Spring practices start

Braxton Miller or Mariota. why havent the coaches gotten them here? Come on...

I totally agree that Lindsay could be as productive if not more so as he grows up. He needs to develop some patience and let the blocking develop in front of him and obviously fix the fumblin issues, but he runs with a mean streak and has the speed to take it to the house. Very excited about his future.

I actually do not think Lindsay's big issue is at the LOS, I think he actually makes decent reads and has a good first cut. It is the second level that gives him trouble. He looks uncomfortable running in space.

I actually do not think Lindsay's big issue is at the LOS, I think he actually makes decent reads and has a good first cut. It is the second level that gives him trouble. He looks uncomfortable running in space.
He seems to look for contact when he is in space.

At the beginning of the season, Lindsay did have problems at the LOS. He was too eager and hit the hole hard (even if there wasn't a hole). As the season progressed, he found patience. Was a great thing to see. Next progression is his vision and setting up defenders on the 2nd and 3rd levels when he busts through.

Is Kaiser more of a LT or a RT? I ask because I've heard before that Irwin's more natural position is at guard, maybe Kaiser could allow for him to move back inside?

Is Kaiser more of a LT or a RT? I ask because I've heard before that Irwin's more natural position is at guard, maybe Kaiser could allow for him to move back inside?

Competition at the line will be extremely interesting this spring. The only lock I see right now is Nembot at RT. I don't see him moving any other place. Kelly has improved at C, but we will see if there is anyone who can play center better, or if he would do better as a guard. Same thing with Irwin, if there is a better LT he could move to one of the G's.

I just don't see many candidates for LT. Kronshage, maybe? Interior OL is going to be competitive. Kough, Callahan, Kelley, Huckins, and Weifels. Lots of moving parts.

I just don't see many candidates for LT. Kronshage, maybe? Interior OL is going to be competitive. Kough, Callahan, Kelley, Huckins, and Weifels. Lots of moving parts.

OL competition is going to be the best in years for the spring. That isn't to say in September we're going to "road grade" people as Denver Johnson infamously suggested but the position battles should be solid.

I like Irwin at LG but out of necessity he may still be our best LT. The Huckins/Kough battle at LG will be a good one. I would guess the right side and center are more decided to start practice but would like to see some healthy competition to get the idea that our starters won it by sweat rather than default. My prediction going into August practices is Irwin-Huckins-Kelley-Callahan-Nembot left to right.

OL competition is going to be the best in years for the spring. That isn't to say in September we're going to "road grade" people as Denver Johnson infamously suggested but the position battles should be solid.

I like Irwin at LG but out of necessity he may still be our best LT. The Huckins/Kough battle at LG will be a good one. I would guess the right side and center are more decided to start practice but would like to see some healthy competition to get the idea that our starters won it by sweat rather than default. My prediction going into August practices is Irwin-Huckins-Kelley-Callahan-Nembot left to right.

Kronshage may win that LG spot.

I thought Kough looked really good at Guard when he played. Was pleasantly surprised with him. Plus he looks huge out there.
Huckins? Kough looked good out there, It will be Irwin,Kough,Kelly,Callahan,Nembot. They will need to fail badly for Bernardi to tweek, shift or make changes.

Irwin?

What am I missing? Are we moving him inside?

I wrote a lot (blog) on this and then went, it's just repetitive and unoriginal for the most part, so instead of finishing here are my thoughts for what is now officially Spring Ball:
Keys/Questions
1.Defensive Scheme and Personnel-Need to see who fits in what position and who steps up. Need better LB play from Gillam or someone else. Interested to see all the JUCO guys and how a year off Samson Kafovalu looks.
2. Kicker-Who steps up and can drill FGs? I am going w/ the walk-on while Diego kicksoff.
3. Offensive Line-Who fills in at open Guard spots? Didn't really see anyone take much time from the 5th year guys.
4. Offensive Playmakers-Unfortunately I don't see this question getting answered until Fall due to all the injuries at both RB and WR for spring. Expect a jump from Fields and especially Donovan Lee.
5. Frosh or Soph Difference maker-Have a lot of freshman for Spring Ball (for first time in a long time) and a lot of sophomores. Interested to see Keeney and Center at TE and how the group of DT/DEs look in this group.

I wrote a lot (blog) on this and then went, it's just repetitive and unoriginal for the most part, so instead of finishing here are my thoughts for what is now officially Spring Ball:
Keys/Questions
1.Defensive Scheme and Personnel-Need to see who fits in what position and who steps up. Need better LB play from Gillam or someone else. Interested to see all the JUCO guys and how a year off Samson Kafovalu looks.
2. Kicker-Who steps up and can drill FGs? I am going w/ the walk-on while Diego kicksoff.
3. Offensive Line-Who fills in at open Guard spots? Didn't really see anyone take much time from the 5th year guys.
4. Offensive Playmakers-Unfortunately I don't see this question getting answered until Fall due to all the injuries at both RB and WR for spring. Expect a jump from Fields and especially Donovan Lee.
5. Frosh or Soph Difference maker-Have a lot of freshman for Spring Ball (for first time in a long time) and a lot of sophomores. Interested to see Keeney and Center at TE and how the group of DT/DEs look in this group.

#6 Does Matt McChesney of six zero Strength join the S&C team?

cubuffs.com kinda sucks...I can't find the spring practice schedule.

Can someone be kind enough to post a link for me?

Thanks.

Anybody know when the practice is open on Monday?

From Adam on Rivals:

The Buffaloes will practice four times this coming week. The first three will be closed to the public and media, with the exception of the first 30-minutes. Their practice next Saturday (Feb. 21) will be open and is scheduled to go from 8:40-11 am.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1736684

I take that to mean that the practices are open to media for 30 minutes. Either way, I'm not going over just to see them stretch. I'll try to make it Saturday, though.

I agree with this completely. I got to sit in the student section in the first row for the Utah game, and there were three runs by Lindsey to our side. On all three runs he was faced with three defenders,found the crease and popped quick and hard for an extra 3 yards. It reminded me of the way Chris Brown was before he blew up with the big yardage games. He was known as the back who just never lost yards. Knowing how deadly second and long, and third and long are to an offense, I would sacrifice second level elusiveness for a good first read back. In that game, you couldn't help but notice the energy in his carries.

something else from that game that I keep forgetting to get on here, we were in a spot that let us see that on Sefo's touchdown pass into the horseshoe, he didn't just look off the safety, he completely no looked the pass. My brother-in-law and I both looked at each other immediately and said, "did he just no look that pass? "Then later after the game we both couldn't help but wonder if he also didn't "no look" the fatal interception.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread. A lot of the praise from MacIntyre has been for upperclassmen, but Devin Ross and especially Phillip Lindsay were singled out as well. Seems like the adjustment to the new defensive scheme will be ongoing (not unexpected). Seems OL, DL, and secondary look like strengths. Depth at ILB, TE, and WR looks shaky right now. Too bad Wantanabe did not practice at all, was hoping he might be a pleasant surprise for 2015, but seems unlikely.

Back