What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just in case you were wondering...

DustyRhodes

I'm not very happy this morning.

In other news, how did CU look this weekend? I saw the score, but didn't see anything else. Is the O-Line coming around? The running game? etc? Didn't see the game, I was busy sitting at Faurot field watching an entire team lay an egg.

I only heard the game on the radio. It took a while for CU to start getting any yards on the gorund, but I can't really say why. Defensively, Baylor seemed to be able to move the ball, but not enough to make it close.

Most of us only had radio, but...

We also gave them all sorts of yards in the fourth quarter.

O-line looks better, we didn't give up sacks, but I think we still have too many running plays that die behind the line of scrimmage. We did have a few big plays though.

With the amount of times Baylor giftwrapped the ball for us deep in their own territory, we should have won this game by MUCH more than 20. I'm not sure if the turnovers were our Defense playing that well, (we gave up too many yards in the fourth to be playing all that well), or their Offense being that bad.

We'll take the win, but I'm pretty nervous about our matchup with KSU this weekend. If we play like we did this last weekend, and KSU plays well, I doubt we win.

I listened to the game on 850/760 (while watching other games and the Rockies on TV; if some of this sounds like a baseball update please excuse) and we seemed to start slow then explode for 17 in the middle of the first half.

I thought we came out with good intensity in the 2nd half, but Hawkins called off the dogs in the fourth when it was out of reach and the Bears picked up some pts/yardage.

I was hoping for no letdown after the OU game and they appeared to come out with some fire.

Some folks that were there in person would have a better perspective.

once you get a more developed and better O-Line, your offense could be scary good.

Yeah, the line improvement from last year is amazing. Give it another year for all of the freshman to get stronger and understand the system better. :thumbsup:

Having been to the game, I don't put too much weight on the stats. This game was signed, sealed and delivered in the 1st half.

CU had it's way on offense up to the red zone. There is work to be done inside the 20. The TE passing game has yet to develop. Dusty Spregue was the #1 WR for the 1st half. You never know who will be catching Cody's passes from week to week. The running game didn't come on strong until later in the game.

O-line pass protection is good. Rush blocking could be better, as holes opening up on the inside are rare. But the noteworthy thing about CU's offense is that they overcome picks, snaps, penalties and a sometimes tepid rushing game with an efficient passing game that includes 5-6 capable WR targets.

The CU defense is still the heart of the team. Dizon is amazing to watch. Although Baylor completed a bunch of passes, CU did a good job taking away the big play and forcing the occational turnover. It's a bend but not break deal.

CU could win out, but would need to eliminate some lingering mistakes to earn a spot in the poles.

Back