What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just my opinion......

Rich Rod at AZ

Todd "My bags are packed" Graham at ASU

you don't even have to look outside the P12, hell the P12 S, to dispel the "gee, we need to give it time" argument.
This is the qoute for the football idiot. AZ ,ASU and UCLA all have more talent to start with on thier roster. This team was mentally destroyed by Halkins awell as being talent poor. In a true rebuild it usually rolls back before it starts rolling forward. In a world of "MOMMY I WANT MY LOLLIE NOW" no one wants to wait for anything(including me). I'm not saying 5 more years like we gave Halk. I'm say judge after year 3. People screaming about possible replacement is a joke. Half of these new thread are not even worth opening. STFU about a coaching change. It's now going to happen yet. I'm not defending losing to Sac State or CSU but some of you need to go ****ing sit down somewhere and stay off the goddamn computer.

I guess if you stick around allbuffs long enough you hear the same arguments year after year.

Hoping for better than 1-2 wins has nothing to do with instant gratification. Not sure what is so confusing about that concept.

Clearly I must not understand.... not like I have played football ever, not like I have been a season ticket holder since 1986. You're right we have no identity right now..... we dont have the talent at the moment to do what we want. And please god stop comparing us to UCLA or others who look good with new coaches. There was just a tad more talent at those schools than we had. CU was literally at the bottom of the barrel for talent at the end of Hawk era. What do you expect the staff to do with 1 full recruiting season.... they still have most of their players that they didn't pick.

Look if you want to fire JE great..... I think it would be a mistake cause you will NEVER get a big name in here if you do that. You flush this season and likely the next 3. There is not a coach alive who will walk into Folsom and win 6+ games with this exact team.

This is a business and quite frankly, Embree is in over his head. We made a mistake by hiring a former Buff without giving others consideration and now we see the reality of the issuu:Embree is a great person, not so much a great coach. You compared Embree to coach Mac's situation.... that was 20 years ago, the college game is very different now compared to back then.

I understand that this team is not going to contend for a Pac12 championship and I am willing to be patient as we build to that. That is one of my expectation and I am not willing to wait another 10 years for it but I am a realist and know it is not this year or next.

With that said, I am not patient when it comes to losing to lower division teams and teams as bad as CSU (and they are very bad - they will be lucky to win 3 games). Their is no excuse to losing to both and putting this program in the position to be considered one of the worst in all of automatic qualifier football teams. To say we need patience to get out of this hole is unacceptable and this staff has no idea how to turn it around. JE should have let Marshall go last Monday and showed the entire program that this level of incompetence is not acceptable. The o-line is not freshman and has experience.

Either way, if we continue down this path to a winless season, and I see absolutely no reason to think it will change, this staff needs to be let go. Patience is gone for this level of performance and regression.

Last edited:
The TEN TIMES BETTER argument, eh?

We beat CSU last year 28-14. THANKS CVILLE.

But let's review... last season closed with 2 wins in the last three games. And yes, the 45-6 blow-out loss to UCLA was unexpected in scope, at least. That was probably a "reading our press clippings" loss, however, after the big win in Tempe against a dog ASU team. Still, that was a big win. Then we followed up the large loss to the Bruins with a tough win against Utah to close the season.

Now, "ten times better" to start this season? We lose to CSU instead of following up on last year's win?

Last year's second-game loss, to remember, was an OT loss to Cal, by the way. Losing to Sac State showed a team that's ten times better?

I don't know. I read all the Hawkfans saying "More time, more time, more time" and that achieved a deeper hole. Not a better one.

Last edited:
I understand that this team is not going to contend for a Pac12 championship and I am willing to be patient as we build to that. That is one of my expectation and I am not willing to wait another 10 years for it but I am a realist and know it is not this year or next.

With that said, I am not patient when it comes to losing to lower division teams and teams as bad as CSU (and they are very bad - they will be lucky to win 3 games). Their is no excuse to losing to both and putting this program in the position to be considered one of the worst in all of automatic qualifier football teams. To say we need patience to get out of this whole is unacceptable and this staff has no idea how to turn it around. JEFF should have let Marshall go last Monday and showed the entire program that this level of incompetence is not acceptable. The o-line is not freshman and has experience.

Either way, if we continue down this path to a winless season, and I see absolutely no reason to think it will change, this staff needs to be let go. Patience is gone for this level of performance and regression.

Hawaii played the read-option in Embree's first game as the Head coach of CU. Yesterday he said the team wasn't prepared to play the read-option when Sac state and every other pac 12 team plays the read-option. That statement baffles me when you have 2 years as the head coach under your belt. Sorry but we need a new coach.

The TEN TIMES BETTER argument, eh?

We beat CSU last year 28-14.

But let's review... last season closed with 2 wins in the last three games. And yes, the 45-6 blow-out loss to UCLA was unexpected in scope, at least. That was probably a "reading our press clippings" loss, however, after the big win in Tempe against a dog ASU team. Still, that was a big win. Then we followed up the large loss to the Bruins with a tough win against Utah to close the season.

Now, "ten times better" to start this season? We lose to CSU instead of following up on last year's win?

Last year's second-game loss, to remember, was an OT loss to Cal, by the way. Losing to Sac State showed a team that's ten times better?

I don't know. I read all the Hawkfans saying "More time, more time, more time" and that achieved a deeper hole. Not a better one.

fify

My opinion the play calling sucks! one WR the whole game C'mon like that really was going to work, the run game did pretty well but that was a lesser opponent.

What we need to do is open the offense up a little more and get away from that 1985 offense we been running the past 2 games maybe get in the shotgun formations sometime to ease the pressure that the QB's been receiving.

My opinion the play calling sucks! one WR the whole game C'mon like that really was going to work, the run game did pretty well but that was a lesser opponent.

What we need to do is open the offense up a little more and get away from that 1985 offense we been running the past 2 games maybe get in the shotgun formations sometime to ease the pressure that the QB's been receiving.

They have been going shotty

at least work the TE's hard if you are only going to have one receiver.

Embree is a victim of his own words. He is the one who got my expectations up. "Now I feel like I'm coaching." "These players get it." "We are faster and stronger." After hearing those types of claims, I figured it was a no brainer that wei'd beat csu and sac state. Those losses were a huge let down. Add to that the fact that our staff was out coached in those two games and, well, I'm pretty pissed.

Hawaii played the read-option in Embree's first game as the Head coach of CU. Yesterday he said the team wasn't prepared to play the read-option when Sac state and every other pac 12 team plays the read-option. That statement baffles me when you have 2 years as the head coach under your belt. Sorry but we need a new coach.

Where did he actually say that? I have listened to his press conferences and have not heard him say that...I have seen someone (who wanted to fire Embree before he ever coached here) post that on another board but could not provide a link.

I don't see how the O is the problem, at least against SSU. Allowing 30 pts is the problem...no??

This is the qoute for the football idiot. AZ ,ASU and UCLA all have more talent to start with on thier roster. This team was mentally destroyed by Halkins awell as being talent poor. In a true rebuild it usually rolls back before it starts rolling forward. In a world of "MOMMY I WANT MY LOLLIE NOW" no one wants to wait for anything(including me). I'm not saying 5 more years like we gave Halk. I'm say judge after year 3. People screaming about possible replacement is a joke. Half of these new thread are not even worth opening. STFU about a coaching change. It's now going to happen yet. I'm not defending losing to Sac State or CSU but some of you need to go ****ing sit down somewhere and stay off the goddamn computer.

Hmmm, a quote for idiots. Maybe yours should be the one for reading comprehension. Find me a post where I have said Embo should be fired. Or maybe go back and peruse the ones where I said 4-5 W's was probably as optimistic as one shoud be. Talent? Sure UCLA, AZ and ASU have more, but the point is they look better now than they did last year, in the first year of a new regime. CU looks worse in year number two, getting beat by clearly inferior opponents. I know bad FB when I see it. Those were two ridiculously pathetic efforts by the Buffs. I hate to say it, but there it is.

Anybody who doesn't see the trend these two games represents has no business questioning anybody else's FB acumen (like that really matters anyway). I hope Embo can right the ship. That is what we all want. If you don't like what people are posting, perhaps you could find a different way to fill your free time.

I don't see how the O is the problem, at least against SSU. Allowing 30 pts is the problem...no??
Seriously? Webb misses lots of open receivers, the OL can't run block or pass block, and we have no one who has proven to be able to stretch the field and the only one we have that can, only gets called on for screens thus far.

I think there are more posts on this board complaining about people complaining about Embree than there are posts complaining about Embree.

I think there are more posts on this board complaining about people complaining about Embree than there are posts complaining about Embree.

I would like to be the first to register a complaint about those who observe that more people complain about those who complain about Embo, than those who complain about Embo.

Oh yeah, and ---->YOU.

The offense was definitely a problem. Did not move the ball at critical times against a weak defense.
The O definitely needs help, I get it. Put in Wood and Thomas and things are better. The O line is a disaster...

But with 28 pts on the board, it never should have come down to missed offensive plays when playing an average FCS team.

SSU drove 80 yards on a more talented team at home with the game on the line and the crowd into it. The D folded...they had no heart.

The O definitely needs help, I get it. Put in Wood and Thomas and things are better. The O line is a disaster...

But with 28 pts on the board, it never should have come down to missed offensive plays when playing an average FCS team.

SSU drove 80 yards on a more talented team at home with the game on the line and the crowd into it. The D folded...they had no heart.
Based on what evidence exactly?

Based on what evidence exactly?
What I've seen is Thomas is fast and catch; McCullough seems slow and can't separate. The evidence on Wood is scant...but he's more athletic than Webb and I think we need the best athletes out there. I also suspect the O would respond better to Wood...they ran through all of spring practice and part of fall with him...just one couch potato's opinion...

What I've seen is Thomas is fast and catch; McCullough seems slow and can't separate. The evidence on Wood is scant...but he's more athletic than Webb and I think we need the best athletes out there. I also suspect the O would respond better to Wood...they ran through all of spring practice and part of fall with him...just one couch potato's opinion...
:rofl: spring was definitely a great example to use

Wood has thrown one pass in a real game. I hope he's better, but there's no evidence to say he is (I want him to start by the way, figure out what we have). Thomas is fast, but EB hasn't utilized him, or if he has tried to, nothing has come of it.

Seriously?

Talent wise I agree with him.

Heart and intensity - no.
Execution - no.

The latter two are coaching problems. Execution is probably due to the fact we are so young and it should get better with time. The team lacking heart and desire falls on Embo, EB and Brownie and they have had more than enough time to change it.

Right now I don't care about the score board. We are years away from that looking the way we want it to. What I want to see, and this can be done immediately, is our team playing full out, with heart and fire. If we are flying around and doing our best, I don't care if we lose (for this season), but if we are flat and quitting after the first encounter with adversity I want a new head coach because the one we have can't coach.

No buff fan expected cu to go 10-2 this season. Some thought they might be able to scratch out 6 wins for a bowl game. What we didn't expect was our OL and DL to look so bad....here's the bad part, vs CSU and SAC ST.

newsflash..CU didn't lose to Oregon and alabama, they lost to csu and SAC ST.

If you can't understand the difference then continue on with the hawk like give em a couple years...

Ok so I gotta say this is getting f--kin ridiculous. I am a die hard CU fan and I understand the frustration of the past years as well as any. But I am losing my mind with people bashing JE, coaches and players. We all understand they lacked experience at the head coach and coordinator levels. Yes, the results the past 15 games have been poor at best. But folks it's game 2 on season 2. They came into a situation with almost no D1 talent or speed. They walked into a locker room last summer that lacked true heart or drive. We all said the day JE was hired it was gonna take a few years to get anything going. Just try to look objectively here..... last year was truly JE and other coaches first full recruiting year and chance to get all their guys. They also lost 28 seniors which is a big deal for anyone simply in terms of experience and leadership (even tho Hawk kids generally lacked both but of those 28 some were key). Now look at the best players so far this season..... Crawley, Powell, Wright, Major, Rippy, Mosely. 4 of them were in high school 6 months ago guys. They are young but the infusion of speed and talent is pretty obvious at this point. But you cannot reasonably expect true freshman to lead a team to glory right away. We need to give them a chance to develop and JE and company a chance to turn it around..... and 15 games is not giving that chance. Totally agree it is almost inexcusable to lose to CSU and Sac state..... But as many have pointed out look at coach mac in his 2nd and 3rd years. We have to give them time.

MOST IMPORTANTLY please for god sakes stand by this team. It is hard during times like this. But these are kids working their tails off and trying (trying a lot harder than Hawk era). Stand behind the coaches for at least 2-3 years and give them a chance to turn things around like we promised. Calling for a firing after 1 full season is INSANE and anyone who knows anything about college football would agree. You know recruits and players read these forums occasionally..... show the future buffs that we as fans all stand behind them even in the bad times. Show them that Boulder and CU is place you wanna be.... Not a place where we are going to bash you and call for your head and fire the coach who you committed to after 15 games. Support the Buffs..... Give Embo the time and support we promised him. If we are still losing to CSU and Sac St to start his 3rd and 4th years then we can call this a failure..... but certainly not after 15 games. Hawk left an utter mess..... it takes time to clean up the ****.
Yeah - I don't know.

Back