What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Just To Stir Things Up....

SanDiegoBuff

Club Member
Club Member
One of the 'reasons' many fans have for keeping Cody at QB1 is that he's the best practice performer. Ignoring the fact that it's game performance and not practice performance that wins... from all I've heard, that's not entirely true... he's the best non-redshirt practice performer. So why not skip Ballenger and throw Hansen into the fire to get him some real experience.

:saythat:

oh yeah lets write of the whole season and go with a true freshman...who only has practice experience.

Did think before you said that?

oh yeah lets write of the whole season and go with a true freshman...who only has practice experience.

Did think before you said that?

Write off what... another 6-7 season and a Texas Bowl loss... LOL Not much of a writeoff in my opinion. And at least recruits would see that you're playing for the future.

There is a strong history in the last few years of true freshmen doing just fine.

Did YOU think before you wrote that!?

EDIT:

I wasn't actually being serious... but the more I think about it, he's supposedly better than Ballenger, so if you're going to do it, why not go big! :lalala:

Last edited:
I wouldn't burn a redshirt 6 games into a season even if the team was 0-6.

Hansen will be much better as a redshirt senior than he ever could begin to be as a true freshman, and putting him into a game certainly isn't going to change the game's outcome.

There's no reason NOT to start playing Ballenger at this point. CU has nothing at all to lose by playing him more.

Hansen will be much better as a redshirt senior than he ever could begin to be as a true freshman, and putting him into a game certainly isn't going to change the game's outcome.

There's no reason NOT to start playing Ballenger at this point. CU has nothing at all to lose by playing him more.

Just to be the devils advocate, I agree with you, but we've got 2 QBs coming in next year and is this a team that's really in a position to redshirt someone who might be a solid player just for the sake of redshirting them?

there is no WAY ballenger starts barring injury. I also really doubt we will see him during the game unless its a blow out.

Just to be the devils advocate, I agree with you, but we've got 2 QBs coming in next year and is this a team that's really in a position to redshirt someone who might be a solid player just for the sake of redshirting them?

Well, we're not talking about just any position here. Unless you have a guy with unreal talent, QBs should always be redshirted IMO.

My personal opinion is that every freshman should be redshirted.

there is no WAY ballenger starts barring injury. I also really doubt we will see him during the game unless its a blow out.

Cody? Is that you?

Do you have some special insider info that assures Ballenger will never start this season?

Back