What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Justin Fuente - former HC Virginia Tech

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Fuente's name has surfaced as a potential candidate for CU.

HC Record: 69-54

Positives: Great OC at TCU who built Memphis into a G5 power relatively quickly after inheriting a program that had gone 1-11 & 2-10 the two seasons before he arrived. Years 3 & 4 were 10 & 9 wins, landing him the Virginia Tech job in 2016. 10 & 9 wins his first 2 seasons, declining results after (6, 8, 5, 5) led to mutual agreement to end his tenure with 2 games left in the 2021 season. Deep ties to OK/TX for recruiting.

Negatives: Never connected with VA recruits and killed the pipeline Beamer had built over the decades. Trajectory was that of a superstar and became a forgotten guy (sitting out 2022). Struggled with all the changes which occurred in 2020+ (Covid, transfer portal, NIL).

I just don't know. I can talk myself into it with "hard to follow a legend" and "Eastern region was a bad fit" along with "he has proven he can build a program" and "he is one of the better offensive minds in the college game." I could see this working at CU. I could also see it being a flame out by a guy who had his run but his moment has passed.

Here's the statement he released for his VT announcement that they were parting ways:

1667933614748.jpeg

Last edited:
Ego Nwodim No GIF by Saturday Night Live

Back