What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

K State's turn to get arrested

I actually think Ron Prince has "officially lost it" mentally. I read where the offense did so bad on 11 on 11 drills he made the offensive contingent including coaches, run stairs. I dunno about you but if I were a coach and another told me to run bleachers....I would tell him to stick it up his ass!

good way to scare off good coaches. how do you hire an assistant coach after that? anyone who is any good won't touch ksu with a ten foot pole

good, i hope the meltdown is indicative of a really really ****ty kjuco state team. there are almost no gimmees on the Buff schedule and we need a few teams to lay down and die.

right now, i have csu, miami (ohio), and kansas as probable cannon fodder for the Buffs. that leaves at least 3 more wins we've got to find.

in the "uber-challenging" category, i have ou, fsu, asu, nu, and tech.

in the "average" category, i have isu, baylor, ksu, and mizzery. mizzery has a chance to move up and ksu has a chance to move down as of today.

He made the assistant coaches run the bleachers? Wow! So, did he run 'em too? I sure as hell hope so!

He made the assistant coaches run the bleachers? Wow! So, did he run 'em too? I sure as hell hope so!

Yea really, that certainly wouldn't have gone over well among the assistant coaches otherwise. Actually, it probably didn't go over well regardless! What if it was Mangino doing this? You know he sure as hell wouldn't be running stairs. :lol:

What if it was Mangino doing this? You know he sure as hell wouldn't be running stairs. :lol:

Maybe, just to show solidarity with his assistants, he might be able to run stair. They'd need to make sure that there were paramedics, cardiac paddles, a forklift operator and a seismologist on hand before he tried, though... :lol:

No he didn't run em. The worst thing about this is, it was an open practice with about 300 in the stands! What is more astounding is the coaches actually ran them. Maybe these same coaches did it to show their kids that no matter what atleast some of the coaches are behind them? Sure wish Sal was around to comment on this as I am sure he has more info on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst thing about this is, it was an open practice with about 300 in the stands! What is more astounding is the coaches actually ran them. Maybe these same coaches did it to show their kids that no matter what atleast some of the coaches are behind them?

maybe they had all worked it out before hand. prince and the assistants could have decided to do it for the purpose of motivation

You are giving Prince way to much credit for creating this on his own. No I think he was being his typical "insane" self. I think his "I'm gonna kick yo ass" approach is back firing pretty damn fast in the land known as pussyville.

This thread has been split in two...

A) I seem to remember Prince doing some goofy **** last year, too. Didn't he call one of his players a pussy in front of the whole team or something like that? I can't remember. Anyway, this just seems like more of the same. It seemed to work last year. Let's hope it wears thin this year.

B) I'm the last guy to defend notre dumb or Jimmy Clausen, but I can't quite figure out what the kid did that was wrong. Was he intoxicated? No. Was he driving without a license? No. Did he purchase the alcohol? No. Was he in possession of the alcohol? No. I'm sure there's a law he broke in there somewhere. Whatever it is, it's a faux law used by law enforcement to add on to whatever else they are charging somebody with, not as a primary violation. This sounds like a stunt the CU police would pull on a boring night.

B) I'm the last guy to defend notre dumb or Jimmy Clausen, but I can't quite figure out what the kid did that was wrong. Was he intoxicated? No. Was he driving without a license? No. Did he purchase the alcohol? No. Was he in possession of the alcohol? No. I'm sure there's a law he broke in there somewhere. Whatever it is, it's a faux law used by law enforcement to add on to whatever else they are charging somebody with, not as a primary violation. This sounds like a stunt the CU police would pull on a boring night.

From reading the article it sounds like the law is that if a minor is driving then there can't be alcohol in the car, even if there is someone of legal drinking age in the car with him. If my interpretation is correct, then the simple trick is to make sure that the person of legal drinking is the one driving.

From reading the article it sounds like the law is that if a minor is driving then there can't be alcohol in the car, even if there is someone of legal drinking age in the car with him. If my interpretation is correct, then the simple trick is to make sure that the person of legal drinking is the one driving.

I'm sure that's all correct. But my original point that it's not a primary violation should still be valid. Laws are passed to protect people. Clausen wasn't doing anything that put anybody at risk. Like I said, it sounds like something the CU cops would do when they're bored and want to harrass some students for fun.

I'm sure that's all correct. But my original point that it's not a primary violation should still be valid. Laws are passed to protect people. Clausen wasn't doing anything that put anybody at risk. Like I said, it sounds like something the CU cops would do when they're bored and want to harrass some students for fun.

He did break a law, but I agree that it's a pretty stupid law.

HCRP made his coaches RUN STAIRS? This cannot be true. Are college coaching jobs that hard to come by? I would probably turn over my clipboard and whistle on the spot. If true HCRP has some issues. BTW, he could stand a few bleacher running sessions himself, he looks to be a few cheeseburgers the far side of his prime if you ask me.

One thing that isn't being considered is that this may have been a predetermined motivational move between HCRP and his assistants. What's to say that the players don't look at it like "damn these coaches are really devoted to us if they are willing to run stairs?"

Last edited:
Back