What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Lawrence, KS, Saturday, 12/7, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Go Buffs- beat ku!!!

Kansas roster for Lookalike suggestions - https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

cubuffs.com preview of the game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/12/5/...t-to-kansas-allen-fieldhouse-on-saturday.aspx

"
By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor
Release: December 05, 2019

BOULDER — Colorado coach Tad Boyle knows what his Buffaloes are about to encounter Saturday night when they make their foray into Kansas' storied Allen Fieldhouse for a matchup with No. 2 Kansas.

His players don't. While the Buffs annually play in some raucous arenas — Arizona, Oregon and Utah come to mind — they haven't encountered anything like Allen Fieldhouse, a historic old barn that seats 16,300 and seldom has an empty seat.

"That crowd is unlike anything our players have seen," Boyle said Wednesday night, after his 20th-ranked Buffs had beaten Loyola Marymount, 76-64, to improve to 7-0. "(But) we are not going to be afraid. We respect everybody and fear nobody."

Fear and respect aside, the Buffs have historically struggled on the Jayhawks' home floor. Even though Colorado once played at KU on an annual basis when the Buffs were members of the Big Eight and Big 12, successful trips were a rarity.

In fact, Colorado has lost 29 in a row at Allen Fieldhouse, a streak that stretches back 36 years. The last time CU scratched out a win in Lawrence came on Feb. 10, 1983, when the Buffs took a 75-74 win.

Starting at guard that evening for the Jayhawks was Tad Boyle.

"I don't remember it," Boyle said with a laugh Thursday morning. "I can't remember what I had for breakfast."

But Boyle will have precious little time to reminisce Saturday when the Buffs tip it off in their 5 p.m. matchup (ESPN2). While Kansas (6-1) has historically been good at Allen Fieldhouse, they have been nearly unbeatable in the building under current head coach Bill Self, now in his 17th season there. Under his direction, the Jayhawks are a mind-boggling 253-13 on their home floor, meaning they have accumulated more conference titles (14) in his tenure than they have home losses.

Boyle just began the process of scouting the Jayhawks after Wednesday night's win. By Thursday morning, he had a good idea of what the Buffs will be facing.

"The biggest thing we have to do in order to have a chance in that building is you have to control the tempo of the game," Boyle said. "If you let them control the tempo of the game, you're in the danger zone. We have to control the tempo. That doesn't mean we don't run, it doesn't mean we don't attack, it's just we decide when we do it, when we don't."

LAST GAME: Boyle has made one trip to KU with his team since taking over at Colorado, a 90-54 loss in 2012. But a year later, the Buffs collected a win in Boulder when Askia Booker hit a long 3-pointer at the buzzer for a 75-72 CU victory in the last meeting between the programs.
"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links -
Game Notes
- Not available as I type this.

Live video - Game will be shown on ESPN 2. For those whose subscription includes access to that network, assume game will also be viewable via a stream that can be found at https://www.espn.com/watch/ . From the KU schedule, looks like the direct link may be https://www.espn.com/watch?id=2425ffcb-57e8-4202-b6ed-598131085098 .

Live Audio - https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2382 or https://tunein.com/radio/Colorado-Basketball-s308227/?_branch_match_id=731385686388355289 , or on Radio. Normally, believe it will be on 850 AM and 94.1 FM.

Live stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=279451

Last edited:
1575617756049.png
rs_560x415-130810090348-1024.Poulter.jl.081013_copy.jpg

Ok folks, not to ruin the fun, but I've made it to lawrence just in time for a family member to have a medical issue which requires our return to CO. If there are any buff fans that are here in Lawrence or want to come out. Let me know and two tickets are yours.

Ok folks, not to ruin the fun, but I've made it to lawrence just in time for a family member to have a medical issue which requires our return to CO. If there are any buff fans that are here in Lawrence or want to come out. Let me know and two tickets are yours.
first, hope the family member is OK

geez, the thought of seeing this game in a legendary arena is really intriguing. I just checked my Southwest points balance and the flight schedule, but that's a no-go. Thinking of making the ****ing drive across Kansas and Eastern Colorado, and then back... can't bring myself to dedicate a weekend to doing that.

Massive points for trying to put the tickets in the hands of CU fans though.

first, hope the family member is OK

geez, the thought of seeing this game in a legendary arena is really intriguing. I just checked my Southwest points balance and the flight schedule, but that's a no-go. Thinking of making the ****ing drive across Kansas and Eastern Colorado, and then back... can't bring myself to dedicate a weekend to doing that.

Massive points for trying to put the tickets in the hands of CU fans though.
I will give this post an hour here and then reach out to the KC Buffs group hosting the pregame event.

Yes sorry to hear about the medical situation! My son and I would love to go. Sent you a PM

Buffs 9.5 dogs. If we stay that close, we'll probably keep the ranking. MW has been, IMO, playing at about 85% of his ability and he needs to get up to 95%. Bey is a sometimes head case and he needs to get past that today. Love to see DW breakout and play his game.
If forced to bet $1000, I would have to go with ku.

Go Buffs.

I am so sorry that you have a family emergency and had to leave Lawrence.

See a basketball game at the Phog is a once in a lifetime experience. Driving I-70 to do it is totally forgettable.

Back