What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Lawrence, KS, Saturday, 12/7, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

I don’t know what to make of the KU game.

Against their size, we had to make 3s to open things up. Had our worst shooting performance in years. So it snowballed.

Gut check time after that. I’m eager to see how the team bounces back vs UNI.
What was telling about the three point misses is that many if not most seemed WAY off. Not too short or long, but outright air balls. I took it that they were way too nervous and just needed to settle down.

What was telling about the three point misses is that many if not most seemed WAY off. Not too short or long, but outright air balls. I took it that they were way too nervous and just needed to settle down.

I believe I counted 5 straight missed 3s in the second half that didn't hit the rim. And these were either open looks or at least good in the flow of the offense looks. Totally agree.

Here's a post copied from netuffs that provides a pretty good summary of the season to date. Happy to hear from the pissers and moaners:

"We now have a body of work by which to judge our Buffaloes. The news is okay, but not great. We are not an Elite Eight team, nor a Sweet Sixteen team without a big upset in the tournament. Winning a first round game would be great, but to expect anything else is foolish. That said, can we compete for the Pac-12 championship? I suppose. Can we land a spot in the Big Dance as better than 10th seed? Yes, but we are not going to be a 5 or a 6. Arizona and Oregon will be tough for us. Arizona is lanky and has a much better coach (say what you will about good old cheater boy, but he coaches them well and always has). We only play them once and its at their place, so that hurts. Oregon seems to be, top to bottom, more athletic -- and they have not had the sort of sporadic shooting (and they also do not have the same level of defense we do). And of course, there are the road games. I do not have overflowing confidence that Tad is going to have our kids ready to go up to Washington or the Bay Area and win a couple games in a row. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. The upcoming CSU game will tell me much about our fortitude.

We beat a lower seeded ACC team in Clemson after playing an absolutely miserable half in that first game against Wyoming (again, awful shooting). Those were to good wins, but by no means dominant.

To get where the pre-season hopes placed us, Wright has to get better (more on that below) and Bey has to get tougher and stop anticipating contact on drives. While he leads us in scoring and boards, neither figure is even eye-catching (13 ppg and 11.5 rpg). His Larry Nance-like hops are wonderful, but he has no game outside of ten feet at present and he seems a little unwilling to do the hardest work inside. We all know the men underneath have farther to run than everyone else, but so what. You're 20 years old young man. Pay the price on offense and your team will be better off.

On Wright, he seems a bit confused or hesitant. Tad should be saying "McKinley, you must create more for your teammates. Stop dribbling into the trees and throwing a low bounce pass to Evan. Work your magic on the perimeter and look for the 15-footer at the elbow at all times." He's just over three assists per game. While that is a reflection of our team's overall poor shooting, he has to do a better job being a threat, which in turn frees up other open options.

Battey is a warrior. He may win two or three games by himself. We have two tough roadies coming up (CSU and Dayton) and we need to get one of them. If one young man can step up out of Schwartz, Siewert, Gatling, Kountz or Daniels (they are all running together for me), that would be nice. Perhaps TB thinks he has a rotation in his head, but this isn't Duke with McDonald's All-Americans on the bench. Pick eight Tad, and get them their minutes.

As a team we are shooting 40% only if you round up from the actual figure of 39.8% for the year, and we are under 70% from the line. That's with games against some real mediocre programs. We're averaging more turnovers (15) per game than assists (11.4).

Some signs of problems there. So we're 7 - 1 and should win three of our next five for sure (Northern Iowa, Prairie View A &M and Iona). Dayton is a loss in my view, and its that CSU game that is really quite big now. Win that and you are 11 - 2 starting conference play. Nice start but you didn't really beat anyone you weren't supposed to beat.

So I'm predicting a 3rd place finish in the regular season and a semis appearance in the Pac-12 tourney. They'll probably make the Big Dance, but I'm not sure they'll be favored in their first game.

Interested in all of your thoughts . . ."

Here's a post copied from netuffs that provides a pretty good summary of the season to date. Happy to hear from the pissers and moaners:

"We now have a body of work by which to judge our Buffaloes. The news is okay, but not great. We are not an Elite Eight team, nor a Sweet Sixteen team without a big upset in the tournament. Winning a first round game would be great, but to expect anything else is foolish. That said, can we compete for the Pac-12 championship? I suppose. Can we land a spot in the Big Dance as better than 10th seed? Yes, but we are not going to be a 5 or a 6. Arizona and Oregon will be tough for us. Arizona is lanky and has a much better coach (say what you will about good old cheater boy, but he coaches them well and always has). We only play them once and its at their place, so that hurts. Oregon seems to be, top to bottom, more athletic -- and they have not had the sort of sporadic shooting (and they also do not have the same level of defense we do). And of course, there are the road games. I do not have overflowing confidence that Tad is going to have our kids ready to go up to Washington or the Bay Area and win a couple games in a row. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. The upcoming CSU game will tell me much about our fortitude.

We beat a lower seeded ACC team in Clemson after playing an absolutely miserable half in that first game against Wyoming (again, awful shooting). Those were to good wins, but by no means dominant.

To get where the pre-season hopes placed us, Wright has to get better (more on that below) and Bey has to get tougher and stop anticipating contact on drives. While he leads us in scoring and boards, neither figure is even eye-catching (13 ppg and 11.5 rpg). His Larry Nance-like hops are wonderful, but he has no game outside of ten feet at present and he seems a little unwilling to do the hardest work inside. We all know the men underneath have farther to run than everyone else, but so what. You're 20 years old young man. Pay the price on offense and your team will be better off.

On Wright, he seems a bit confused or hesitant. Tad should be saying "McKinley, you must create more for your teammates. Stop dribbling into the trees and throwing a low bounce pass to Evan. Work your magic on the perimeter and look for the 15-footer at the elbow at all times." He's just over three assists per game. While that is a reflection of our team's overall poor shooting, he has to do a better job being a threat, which in turn frees up other open options.

Battey is a warrior. He may win two or three games by himself. We have two tough roadies coming up (CSU and Dayton) and we need to get one of them. If one young man can step up out of Schwartz, Siewert, Gatling, Kountz or Daniels (they are all running together for me), that would be nice. Perhaps TB thinks he has a rotation in his head, but this isn't Duke with McDonald's All-Americans on the bench. Pick eight Tad, and get them their minutes.

As a team we are shooting 40% only if you round up from the actual figure of 39.8% for the year, and we are under 70% from the line. That's with games against some real mediocre programs. We're averaging more turnovers (15) per game than assists (11.4).

Some signs of problems there. So we're 7 - 1 and should win three of our next five for sure (Northern Iowa, Prairie View A &M and Iona). Dayton is a loss in my view, and its that CSU game that is really quite big now. Win that and you are 11 - 2 starting conference play. Nice start but you didn't really beat anyone you weren't supposed to beat.

So I'm predicting a 3rd place finish in the regular season and a semis appearance in the Pac-12 tourney. They'll probably make the Big Dance, but I'm not sure they'll be favored in their first game.

I feel like this is just a long rant with no cohesion - just random statements with hopes of something sticking. 15-foot elbow at all times??? no... The early season is where one figures out a rotation, so sticking with eight isn't what Tad should be doing right now. Nor is it something he should do if 9-10 deserve time.

I didn't read a word of that wall of text but caught this at the end.

Maybe that helps for future posts?

Have you thought of providing this helpful critique to others on these boards????

Fran kept making the point during the broadcast that we don't have a go-to scorer. Bey's not someone you give the ball to and just clear out to let him get you a bucket when you need one (more of a guy who scores off movement/ action). Schwartz isn't quite there yet. Kin hasn't done it this year even though he has shown it in the past. Battey's probably been the closest to that, but frankly he should be our 4th option.

We really need to see Kin start controlling games on our offensive end. It's a ton to put on 1 guy, but he has to be that guy.

Lets see where we are after the Dayton game. We lose there I think that's probably what we are. I think we're going to do some damage in league-we'll split with the Ducks, and I think well get Washington here.

Fran kept making the point during the broadcast that we don't have a go-to scorer. Bey's not someone you give the ball to and just clear out to let him get you a bucket when you need one (more of a guy who scores off movement/ action). Schwartz isn't quite there yet. Kin hasn't done it this year even though he has shown it in the past. Battey's probably been the closest to that, but frankly he should be our 4th option.

We really need to see Kin start controlling games on our offensive end. It's a ton to put on 1 guy, but he has to be that guy.

Yeah, not having that steady guy to get a bucket, even if not scoring 20/game, can hurt. That was one thing that made me nervous about the season after Scott graduated. This team is better than 16/17 though. Still, yes and agreed, but I'm still hopeful that Schwartz will develop into that. His athleticism isn't capable of getting points, but I do think his overall offensive game can be a steady hand to get us points when needed.

But if I were an opposing coach, I think our greatest weakness is what you have pointed out in other posts - we need a backup ball handler. Get the ball our of Kin's hands and then pressure the other guys... ...seems to be a recipe to beating us. Hope Kountz, Gatling, or someone starts stepping up on that end.

I didn't read a word of that wall of text but caught this at the end.

Maybe that helps for future posts?
'being interested' was part of the post I copied. it is predictable that many of you are more concerned with the source than the content and most of you couldn't analiyze the Buffs half as well. So, no highlander, your opinion is not something I particularly care about. (and no surprise that reading 3 paragraphs would be a chore for you) Go Buffs!

'being interested' was part of the post I copied. it is predictable that many of you are more concerned with the source than the content and most of you couldn't analiyze the Buffs half as well. So, no highlander, your opinion is not something I particularly care about. (and no surprise that reading 3 paragraphs would be a chore for you) Go Buffs!
I appreciate the sense of humor Highlander.

Back