What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Lawrence, KS, Saturday, 12/7, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

I know it’s early in the season, but this game is a sign for me that an NCAA birth has to be earned.

Up to this point I have been optimistically naively thinking this might be Tad’s first sweet 16 team.

Its time to dial that sunshine back a bit and hope for a top 3 conference finish and an invite.

Wright, Bay, Batty, Schwartz gotta spark and give us fans a gritty second half and make us say DAYUM instead of damn.

There are people in this thread who couldn’t wait for Kansas to beat us so they could **** on the team and Tad. So strange to me. Hope the 3s fall in bunches in the second half.
Not true for me. I was really hoping somehow we'd figure things out offensively and give them a game. But the previous 4-5 games didn't give me optimism.

But of course any objective criticism - no matter how based in fact it is - will elicit this type of response on AllBuffs.

I just think too many guys here have unrealistic expectation to this team. Very few sweet 16 teams only have 1 good guard. We can go deep if another guard figure it out, otherwise we are probably a 1 round team.

Bey has not looked right since Vegas - need to get his confidence back. Fraschilla scouting report on Buffs during his summer visit was spot on - we have everything (good D, rebounding, little things) but no go to scorer. Need someone to step up and say I’ll get 25 to 30 a game - would open it up for everyone else

Reactions: wip
Don’t feed the trolls. Just ignore it. Nothing you can say that hasn’t been said already.

I just think too many guys here have unrealistic expectation to this team. Very few sweet 16 teams only have 1 good guard. We can go deep if another guard figure it out, otherwise we are probably a 1 round team.

Whose fault is it we have only one good guard? Don’t make excuses for poor recruiting.

And this is close to the caliber of team we'd have to beat in the 2nd round to make it to the Sweet 16

Bey has not looked right since Vegas - need to get his confidence back. Fraschilla scouting report on Buffs during his summer visit was spot on - we have everything (good D, rebounding, little things) but no go to scorer. Need someone to step up and say I’ll get 25 to 30 a game - would open it up for everyone else
But we don’t have anybody on the team with that scoring skill set. Not even close. It’s not a matter of desire ... that guy isn’t on this roster. Kin is closest but still isn’t a pure scorer.

As long as Tad ignores the giant hole in his recruiting strategy - a dynamic #2 guard - we will always be in this “good but not great” state.

But we don’t have anybody on the team with that scoring skill set. Not even close. It’s not a matter of desire ... that guy isn’t on this roster. Kin is closest but still isn’t a pure scorer.
Agreed - just not sure why Tad hasn’t been able to recruit this player. Seems like everyone we play - even mid majors - has this type of player.

Battey is the one player playing well.

On the other hand, what has happened to McKinley Wright???? He is not the same player as last year.
Seriously? Kin is the least of our problems ... without him we’d be 4-3 even with this soft ass schedule. How about the 4 off guards who basically just fill a uniform? Two low post guys - Bey and Seiwert - who can’t create anything for themselves?

Agreed - just not sure why Tad hasn’t been able to recruit this player. Seems like everyone we play - even mid majors - has this type of player.
So true. As awful as WSU is, they always have a scorer. I just don’t think Tad looks for them ... he loves 6-6 wingmen who defend, to the detriment of everything else.

Back