What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kansas Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Lawrence, KS, Saturday, 12/7, 5:00 PM MT, ESPN2)

This. We lost by 14 to the #2 team in the sport. We're fine.
Tuesday's game against Northern Iowa will tell us waaay more about this team than this game. We weren't going to win this unless we played out of our minds. It's a great notch on the resume come Selection Sunday, though. Northern Iowa is a very good team and will probably make the dance. Beat them and beat them by double digits and we're fine.

So the Buffs go on the road and get spanked by a legit top 5 team, and many act suprised. Hope the team continues to work hard and grow, I don't see a sweet 16 team but top 4 in the PAC and a win in the dance I can see. Bitch about the last 4 games and no O. most of Tads previous teams lose a couple of those, Buffs are winning and it's nice. Today sucked but it's just one game early in the season, they need to figure themselves out on the O. side.
I'm certainly not surprised. I made a lot of money on that game! More of the same for Tad's teams.

The game vs. Northern Iowa is way more important indicator for this team than this game. Kansas is much more talented than us, if both side play normally, we lose by 10 easily. And it's their home game. Whereas next game tells us if CU is tourney ready or not.

Tuesday's game against Northern Iowa will tell us waaay more about this team than this game. We weren't going to win this unless we played out of our minds. It's a great notch on the resume come Selection Sunday, though. Northern Iowa is a very good team and will probably make the dance. Beat them and beat them by double digits and we're fine.
Beat me to it

It wasn’t that close. We never threatened in this game. Score means zero.

If you can watch how inept on offense this team has been the last 4-5 games, and think “we’re fine” ... then we’re not watching the same program.

Beat me to it
I think that is realistic. KU is really good.We shouldn't be in top 25 at this point, maybe if we figure out the offense in the future and one of our 2 guard steps up and Dallas makes major progress. I am not sure if Bey and Kin as good as they are, are quite ready for the next level.

I’m not really concerned by the loss, but there were elements of the game that I found to be concerning. Kansas is a great team, but I feel there were a lot of plays where offensively CU was out of control and forced themselves into a lot of low success situations. Not sure if that’s just a case of the moment and atmosphere being too big for them or if there are other, bigger issues.

You can deal with a game where it just wasn’t your night, and they couldn’t make shots. But I don’t think that tells the full story.

And had a horrific shooting night. We shoot 33% from behind the line and we have 12 more points. We rushed some 3s but we also missed a lot of open looks. Defense was solid for most of the game especially considering the lack of offense that allowed KU to run.

Didn't see the game but that 3 point shooting was all I needed to know. I'm guessing the Buffs didn't go inside enough or was too scared to do so.

We'll see how this team responds at home against UNI.

They went inside more the second half and drew some fouls. Got some shots blocked, too. Would've been better to start off that way.

My feeling after LMU, which i posted, was that we were about #40 in the country. this game doesn't change that thought. maybe 35.

Offense is lost if we can’t hit 3s or get out on the break. We don’t have a guy that can break the defense down and score. Kin can get inside but is getting his shot blocked a lot.

Offense is lost if we can’t hit 3s or get out on the break. We don’t have a guy that can break the defense down and score. Kin can get inside but is getting his shot blocked a lot.

We don't have a go-to scorer, but Kin can drive and score (or dish.) Battey and Bey can score from the post if not double-teamed and also hit 15-20 ft. jumpers. They are good passers from the high and low posts as well. To me, the problems with the offense are due to a lack of confidence from the players who should be our scorers. I didn't like to see Parquet putting up so many threes yesterday, but he did so because others passed up shots. We could use an unconscionable scorer like Askia, I wish Schwarz would develop than mindset.

Let's be real. We're a 7 to 10 seed in the tourney this year. Did anything in that game change that direction/projection? Nope.

It's hard to score and win in Kansas. I'm not sure that any team will beat them at home this year.

Other than some silly turnovers, I didn't think the offense was too bad. We missed several wide open 3's. If we shoot 12 for 34 from 3 instead of 6 for 34, it's a different ballgame. Kansas' length inside is absurd.

Battey is getting better and better. The team didn't give up and you can tell they want to get better. Our defense is outstanding. Employing the zone coming out of the gates was brilliant. Tad had a great gameplan, but the shots weren't falling.

Kansas is a cut above but I like our team, Tad just needs to get the offense in rhythm.

The loss doesn’t bother me. Our poor offense does. And not just the KU game. Most of the season. Conference play draws neigh. Our O needs to start coming together.

Other than some silly turnovers, I didn't think the offense was too bad.

It's not really silly turnovers though in fairness. It's bizarre how easily they lose the ball. Almost clownish. I was watching with a bunch of Villanova fans and they were asking if the CU players need glasses or are color blind. They pass the ball where no one is standing, or just straight to the other team.... It's weird.

Anyway Tad VS Bill Self is a knife in a gun fight.

The loss doesn’t bother me. Our poor offense does. And not just the KU game. Most of the season. Conference play draws neigh. Our O needs to start coming together.

You are 100% right. I said this weeks ago and got mocked for being capt obvious but they are just not going to score enough to do any real damage...the motion looks like something from the 1980s. They need John Stockton shorts and long socks.

Really hope Bey is OK long term and hope he realizes maybe he should come back for next year!!!
This should be the outcome of this game. Obvious to anyone watching Bey isn't ready

I should think it’d be the opposite! Bey almost (hopefully not more than that) screwed up his knee, why would he come back next year?! Just shows how sketchy it is after your sophomore year. I feel most players need two years of development in D1 college b-ball to fill out, gain some muscle, and see some competition. But after that what can’t you develop in the G league? As long as you are drafted, probably should go for it. Risk reward scenario.

I should think it’d be the opposite! Bey almost (hopefully not more than that) screwed up his knee, why would he come back next year?! Just shows how sketchy it is after your sophomore year. I feel most players need two years of development in D1 college b-ball to fill out, gain some muscle, and see some competition. But after that what can’t you develop in the G league? As long as you are drafted, probably should go for it. Risk reward scenario.
Because he won't be drafted.

I'm not worried about conference play as much as I am a loss at CSU on Friday night. I think this team can handle Northern Iowa.

I’m not really concerned by the loss, but there were elements of the game that I found to be concerning. Kansas is a great team, but I feel there were a lot of plays where offensively CU was out of control and forced themselves into a lot of low success situations. Not sure if that’s just a case of the moment and atmosphere being too big for them or if there are other, bigger issues.

You can deal with a game where it just wasn’t your night, and they couldn’t make shots. But I don’t think that tells the full story.
Kansas is a much better team, multiple guys who would be the top player for CU and a lot of other schools. They are also a program that has experience in winning games, they know how to do it and the do it.

The concern is what you mentioned in terms of the moment and the atmosphere.

This CU team is good enough to get to the tourney but if they don't develop some of that poise and that ability to handle the pressure they are likely to be one and out in the tourney.

I don’t know what to make of the KU game.

Against their size, we had to make 3s to open things up. Had our worst shooting performance in years. So it snowballed.

Gut check time after that. I’m eager to see how the team bounces back vs UNI.

Back