What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kapri Bibbs to enter NFL Draft (way too early preview of our 2014 opener)

I hope he's gone. I do not want to see this kid line up against CU next season.
He didn't do **** against teams not in the MWC, not concerned either way with their line getting demolished by graduation.

Stupid move - the exact opposite of PRich, imo.

BUT, shouldn't count out the impact of losing 4 of 5 OL starters. Maybe he read the writing on the wall.

Plus, maybe he's expecting Sparkles to bolt, too.

Checked out Ramnation to see how they were handling the news. There is actually a thread over there postulating that Bibbs is better than Bishop Sankey and will go in the first or second round. I know we have homerism over here but......

Checked out Ramnation to see how they were handling the news. There is actually a thread over there postulating that Bibbs is better than Bishop Sankey and will go in the first or second round. I know we have homerism over here but......

The smaller the group the more inclusive the circle jerk.

Was this the kid that cheated on his SATs and had to go juco? I don't follow the lambs that closely.

He's a RB. Of course you go pro.

FWIW CSU always seems to be able to reload on the oline much quicker than we do (at least since Squawk took over). With our new policy of redshirting more, we will get that ability back some day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's a RB. Of course you go pro.

FWIW CSU always seems to be able to reload on the oline much quicker than we do (at least since Squawk took over). With our new policy of redshirting more, we will get that ability back some day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How soon we forget! GB lost about 60% of his OLine recruits over a two year period for various reasons: health, academics, homesickness (for Tx) lack of quality, etc. At one point, I seem to recall the Buffs were down to only 8-9 OL in the program under GB!

And from there, DH, with his manner of recruiting and OL coach issues (the guy he brought from Boise went back there quickly, after being scared of all the hippies in Boulder and whosis left for Auburn), was never able to catch up with and fill this huge hole.

At least the numbers game now favors OL development, but that takes time, just for the physical maturity to kick in. It took Solder and Bahktiari at least two years after their FR seasons, to develop their skills as well as add to their size and strength. Then they started to peak as JRs.

I think Bibbs is making the right decision. He is a decent back. He put up some decent numbers, albeit in the Mtn. Weenie Div. Most of his OL leaves and he is apparently getting a sniff or two from the pros. He should go. His situation isn't that much different than PRich. Well, PRich will go in the first three rounds, while Bibbs won't, he's likely a 6th or 7th rounder, but add to that he probably is having a devil of a time staying eilgible even at goatherder U., I say take the paycheck.

I think Bibbs is making the right decision. He is a decent back. He put up some decent numbers, albeit in the Mtn. Weenie Div. Most of his OL leaves and he is apparently getting a sniff or two from the pros. He should go. His situation isn't that much different than PRich. Well, PRich will go in the first three rounds, while Bibbs won't, he's likely a 6th or 7th rounder, but add to that he probably is having a devil of a time staying eilgible even at goatherder U., I say take the paycheck.

Round in the draft means little for RBs or the team that drafts them. Witness the Donks' UGA choices: Moreno first round = five seasons before he shows up as a regular; while HoF candidate Tyrell Davis was drafted in the 6th rd.

Back