What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

I'm guessing Sark is a "splashy" enough hire to keep most of the 2020 class here as well as Chev (in an OC/Associate HC capacity). If we hire Calhoun, I'm guessing we lose at least 1/3 of that class AND Chev.

pay your $1 and you'll find out lol.
giphy.gif

IMO- a Calhoun hire tells me that CU missed on multiple other people first.
and/or were disappointed in what they found when looking into the upper level candidates. Considering who seems to be on the list, I don't think that's a stretch. It is however, an important distinction.

You're welcome

It is really unfortunate that this line caused me to physically recoil:

"And like Mel Tucker before him, he has learned under Nick Saban."

I openly question what part of the Mel ****er playbook he learned from Saban?!?

Last edited:
If either my season tickets are gone. Most uninspired candidates I’ve ever seen. The attrition would be amazing and it’s already started. Players are not inspired as well.

I just don't know if I can hang in there with a Calhoun or Bielema hire. I only have so many years left in the tank and I can't see either one of those guys getting us where we need to go. I anticipate the portal will fill up quickly with either one of those guys - can you imagine if you just signed and they bring in a guy who has been running the option for a decade? Or even worse, Bielema shows up? Many will head for the exits. Sark is the play here - if he'll take it. There is risk. But there is huge upside.

I don't understand all the anti-Calhoun sentiment...

And I don't understand all the pro-Sark sentiment.

I'll root for whomever gets the job -- but am massively in favor of Calhoun at this stage of those two... Sark will view this as a stepping stone job and be gone the second he has some success -- Calhoun has proven he can recruit in CO, has been successful at every stop, and has shown loyalty over the years. He's proven to be a successful leader.

Sark has question mark after question mark -- what do Alabama fans think of him?

I don't understand all the anti-Calhoun sentiment...

And I don't understand all the pro-Sark sentiment.

I'll root for whomever gets the job -- but am massively in favor of Calhoun at this stage of those two... Sark will view this as a stepping stone job and be gone the second he has some success -- Calhoun has proven he can recruit in CO, has been successful at every stop, and has shown loyalty over the years. He's proven to be a successful leader.

Sark has question mark after question mark -- what do Alabama fans think of him?
What I read Alabama fan was hoping we would hire EB so they could keep him. They are afraid he wants back into the PAC12 and might jump at this opportunity

Why does this keep getting repeated? Since when has AFA been a popular destination for Colorado kids? This a service academy - they don't recruit like CU & P5 schools do....

Because he's been recruiting with one arm tied behind his back at a service academy -- not only does CU have notoriously high admission standards, but also pick from similar geographic pools. It's not a guarantee that he immediately starts getting traction with P5 recruits -- but it's at least worth acknowledging that his resume is relevant to us.

We're more akin to AFA than we are Alabama unfortunately.

I do?

Call me crazy - but I'd love it if a coach wanted to stay here and give the program an identity that we've been lacking since Mac.

When you have to hire in February, I view any hire as a stopgap. Hope that translates to a more talented team when the hire leaves after a few years. Then go out and get a better coach.

and/or were disappointed in what they found when looking into the upper level candidates. Considering who seems to be on the list, I don't think that's a stretch. It is however, an important distinction.
Kinda surprised at the Anti Calhoun path. Dude overprerforms every year. He is by no means limited to the Triple options. In fact it gives him unique incite into RPO. If you recall, when He was hired at AFA, he was criticized for not knowing how to run an Offense that could be successful there. I see him as a huge fit

Mel Tucker convinced very high character kids and parents that CU Is the place for their sons. Calhoun is the only guy on the list that trumps Tucker (prior to this MSU debacle) in the character department. This has the highest upside IMO

couple Calhoun with a good OC (Chev) mix in a unique perspective on RPO. This will be huge.

Because he's been recruiting with one arm tied behind his back at a service academy -- not only does CU have notoriously high admission standards, but also pick from similar geographic pools. It's not a guarantee that he immediately starts getting traction with P5 recruits -- but it's at least worth acknowledging that his resume is relevant to us.

We're more akin to AFA than we are Alabama unfortunately.
He can recruit a damn near unlimited number of players at Air Force...He's not recruiting gangbusters.. he's been a volume guy.

Kinda surprised at the Anti Calhoun path. Dude overprerforms every year. He is by no means limited to the Triple options. In fact it gives him unique incite into RPO. If you recall, when He was hired at AFA, he was criticized for not knowing how to run an Offense that could be successful there. I see him as a huge fit

Mel Tucker convinced very high character kids and parents that CU Is the place for their sons. Calhoun is the only guy on the list that trumps Tucker (prior to this MSU debacle) in the character department. This has the highest upside IMO

couple Calhoun with a good OC (Chev) mix in a unique perspective on RPO. This will be huge.
Also what the **** makes you think Chev would be a Good OC?

Calhoun would be a MM-level hire. Period.

To the Troy Calhoun recruiting apologists: name me 1 recruit that garnered national attention at either the time of his recruitment or by the time he finished at the AFA and was given NFL consideration.

When you have to hire in February, I view any hire as a stopgap. Hope that translates to a more talented team when the hire leaves after a few years. Then go out and get a better coach.

Then we should be rolling with Chev and not even ****ing around with any of these guys. The fact that we're interviewing leads me to believe we're hoping this is a longterm fit... Calhoun ain't leaving AFA as a stopgap hire.

Back