What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

Jenna West 43 minutes ago (2/22 3:30 Mtn)

Colorado's search for its next head coach has ended.

The Buffaloes will hire Miami Dolphins assistant head coach Karl Dorrell, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel was first to report that Dorrell had emerged as a frontrunner in the program's search.

The reports come two days after the Dolphins promoted Dorrell to assistant head coach/wide receivers coach. Dorrell served as Miami's wide receivers coach in 2019 after holding the same position in 2008–10 and quarterbacks coach in 2011. He is familiar with Colorado after serving as the program's receivers coach in 1992–93 and as offensive coordinator from 1995–98.

Colorado began its search for a new head coach after Mel Tucker left the program for Michigan State on Feb. 12. On Thursday, Kansas City Chiefsoffensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy reportedly withdrew his name from consideration for the position. Bieniemy was a star running back at Colorado from 1987–90, but his ties to Boulder were ultimately not enough to lure him away from the Chiefs.

Dorrell worked as UCLA's head coach from 2003–07, compiling a 35–27 record during his tenure. The Bruins had four bowl appearances during his five seasons, and he was named the Pac-10 Coach of the Year in 2005 after their 10–2 season. Since then, he has mostly coached in the NFL.

The Buffaloes have recorded just one winning season in the last 14 years. The program has not won a bowl game since the 2004 Houston Bowl, when Colorado was a member of the Big 12.

I’m still alive, and I’m also fine with this. Not like drowning in ecstasy fine, but like “yeah, this is fine” fine. “Considering the massive extenuating circumstances...” fine. ”So very, very relieved it’s not Calhoun” fine. Better than bad, south of exceptional. That whole thing.

See y’all in 2030!

I like the hire. The guy has been around and it turns out UCLA isn’t that good of a job. The haven’t had a ton of success since he left. He is a bit older so I’m sure he has learned a thing or two and is a better coach. My guess is that he can keep the class together. I’m in!

Viva Coach Dorrell and go Buffs!!

Posted elsewhere. Repeated here for all.

Put lipstick on Embree and you get Dorrell
Care to elaborate?

he wasn’t a player here and he has a hell of a lot more experience in higher positions than Embree had when he came here. Not sure how they are similar?

Back