What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kasa to TE?

yeah we can just assume we'll go on the road and beat someone

I like the Kasa to TE move. Might as well go for it at this point

Maybe someday we can beat someone on the road. Fresno is pretty bad recently, but they still are tough to play in their house. Wisconsin barely beat them a couple of years ago in their house. I really wish we'd schedule SJSU instead of FSU in the future.

Maybe someday we can beat someone on the road. Fresno is pretty bad recently, but they still are tough to play in their house. Wisconsin barely beat them a couple of years ago in their house. I really wish we'd schedule SJSU instead of FSU in the future.

We're bound to catch some breaks and man up and win a road game at some point, but a Pat Hill coached team at home in Fresno is going to be a tall task. They are pretty bad this year but they still came close to beating the Corn in Lincoln before the zebras decided to send the "greatest fans in the world" home happy. The good news about facing them next year is that they go to Oregon the week before facing us. But you're totally right, SJSU would have been the wiser way to go -- giving this team a "gimme" road win would do wonders for confidence. The hoops team couldn't win on the road either until the road win in Bakersfield last year which provided a springboard for them to win some key BigXII road games.

here is a sobering list. I used scout.com for the rankings, but I'm not sure there would be anything different on rivals. Of all the players on that list on Ryan Miller is closest to playing up to his HS rankings.

5 star = NONE
4 star = NONE

5 star = Ryan Miller
4 star = Markques Simas, PT Gates, Drew Hudgins

5 star = Darrell Scott, Lynn Katoa
4 star = Jon Major, Bryce Givens, Shaun Mohler

5 star = Nick Kasa
4 star = NONE

5 star = NONE
4 star = Paul Richardson

5 star = NONE
4 star = Paulay Asiasta

of the list looks like p-rich is the only one working out, until the injury:bang:

When I watched him this fall it stood out like a sore thumb and I posted it here. I have never seen the press or Rivals/Scout mention it before. He's tall, fast and athletic. I asked "can he catch"? We have been sorely needing TE's for this offense (really, really important position) and Kasa frankly doesn't have the explosion or lower body strength (and perhaps he's too tall) to be a really good DL guy.

Frankly, I wonder why it took so long. I think the staff was trying to win games in 2011 and Kasa wasn't going to make a switch in the fall and be a big help in 2011 at TE. Now they are playing for the next 3 years. Kasa has 2 chances at the NFL and the easiest would be to prove he can play Tight End. The second chance is to gain an enormous amount of muscle and play tackle, and I think it's too late for that. I'll assume he in fact, can catch.

Alex Lewis is also going to play TE it looks like. I'm not sure if that's because we are so hurting there or if he's good at it. Haven't seen enough yet to judge.

Nembot's move to tackle and perhaps the development of some young guys on the OL makes that possible.

We are in for another tough year in 2012 independent of how good Wood is. We are building for 2013 and beyond imo, and I think that is the only strategy that works in a turn-around. Except for hiring a really big name coach like Nick Saban.

I don't think Kasa will end up redshirting so he will only have one year left at a new position. I don't think he'll make much of an impact. And Lewis's is TE is only temporarily to get him some PT since we burned his RS

Back