What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kasey Dunn OC Oklahoma St

White_Rabbit

Club Member
Club Member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasey_Dunn

unlike some of the other coordinator candidates, Dunn has been around a good bit. Stops all over the west, Texas/OK, and even the south. He has settled in at Okie St and been there a decade. Only semi recently promoted to OC (does he call plays or does Gundy?)

I don't really know much about him, but he certainly seems intriguing.

On a basic level, I really wish if we were to institute an "identity" it'd be Okie St's spread power run offense. Embree choosing to emulate this offense was brilliant, his abandonment of it at halftime, not so much.

Dunn probably wouldn't snatch a ton of headlines, but he could be a very solid HC

He and Grimes are 1a and 1b for me (no order).

Outside of Bama, LSU, and Ohio State, has there been a team with a better track record at WR this decade than Okie Lite?

EDIT: Clemson is up there too
Little uneasy as a rule about guys who have been assistants at one place for a long time without getting the big break. But Dunn does seem to have that something that could make him a solid option, and he’s had a chance to learn under Gundy, so h has some positives going for him. Unfortunately neither he nor Grimes has HC experience, so they may not end up getting a real look.

I hail from a primarily Okie/Okie Lite/Texas family, and as such, he’s pretty high on my list right up there behind Grimes.

I feel like I’ve heard from too many places that we are limiting ourselves to guys with HC experience though so I’ve been focused on those types of names

He and Grimes are 1a and 1b for me (no order).

Outside of Bama, LSU, and Ohio State, has there been a team with a better track record at WR this decade than Okie Lite?

EDIT: Clemson is up there too
Dunn would most certainly get this offense rolling if anything. However, I worry about OC's under Gundy as its obviously a machine with Gundy at this point and he can plug and play.

Tough to keep players focused and motivated to sustain elite levels of performance. In a way, it makes what Walters has been able to do to this point even more impressive.

So Gundy’s fault or Dunn’s? He’s discounted for being an OC under Gundy but when the offense looks bad is it on him?

He’s not near the top of my list anyway, but the weekly stock rising and falling of these coaches is comical.

I didn’t infer anything. Just passing on his most recent performance. Shutout.

Back