What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Katoa not going to play in 08

can you imagine the beast he will be in 09? bigger, stronger and hungrier.....:wow::thumbsup:

Maybe this will be a good thing if he can get his $hit together in the next year. Hopefully Mohler will qual. and we should be pretty solid at LB with Burton, Sip, Major, Mohler, Smart. We are going to have to look at this situation as a glass is half full kind of thing, Katoa in '09= Butkus winner

Maybe this will be a good thing if he can get his together in the next year. Hopefully Mohler will qual. and we should be pretty solid at LB with Burton, Sip, Major, Mohler, Smart. We are going to have to look at this situation as a glass is half full kind of thing, Katoa in '09= Butkus winner

Yeah!! Glass half full. But come one now, not 3/4 full. Katoa will be playing at CU in '09, not OSU. No Butkus allowed...:huh:

Maybe this will be a good thing if he can get his together in the next year. Hopefully Mohler will qual. and we should be pretty solid at LB with Burton, Sip, Major, Mohler, Smart. We are going to have to look at this situation as a glass is half full kind of thing, Katoa in '09= Butkus winner

You're forgetting Jones and Beatty. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Major redshirted as well, unless injuries force him into the lineup. That's obviously contingent on Mohler qualifying of course, but I actually am feeling fairly confident about that happening.

...but he can practice with the team this fall and will redshirt.

Best case scenario, given what he apparently did and the climate in Boulder re: CU football.... Can't wait to see him on the field in 09... :thumbsup:

A guy like that shouldn't even be allowed on campus much less allowed to play football.

We don't need this kind of **** at CU.

A guy like that shouldn't even be allowed on campus much less allowed to play football.

And what of the guys who tasered Katoa's friend, starting the confrontation Katoa was suspended for?? I assume you are running around advocating for them to be thrown off campus as well?? :huh:

You have been around for more than 8 minutes so I wont neg-rep you. That said I call bull****.

First off you value a guys fire on the field but want it turned off when he leaves? Secondly plenty of students fight all the time in college, granted he allegedly grabbed a rock, but I have seen worse weapons brought to fights in boulder. Thirdly young kids make mistakes, one strike an you are out for college kids in general simply isn't viable.

Finally you'll note I never said football players, there is a reason for that, I just don't think its fair to hold them to a higher standard than regular students.

So, to take this in a different direction...

If Katoa was to transfer NOW to OU, would he have to sit out a season, or would he be ok as he's been suspended the whole time he was here?

So, to take this in a different direction...

If Katoa was to transfer NOW to OU, would he have to sit out a season, or would he be ok as he's been suspended the whole time he was here?

he'd sit out 2 seasons, same conference rule

He's paying his dues right now, and I really can't blame a 18-year-old kid for making a bad decision in the first 3 months he's away from home for the first time.

But his leash will be VERY short. Hawk won't keep him around if he doesn't fly on the straight and narrow for the next year.

""A guy like that shouldn't even be allowed on campus much less allowed to play football.

We don't need this kind of **** at CU.""

Dude, shut up. Not like you've never screwed up in your life. Who the F**k are you to be so judgemental? Young people do not always make the wisest decisions in life. It's part of growing up, some make real bad decisions and some make real good decisions but most everyone has minor screw-up and learn from them.

You freakin pansy, have you never gotten into fight for what you believed was right?

Last edited:
Dude, shut up. Not like you've never screwed up in your life. Who the F**k are you to be so judgemental? Young people do not always make the wisest decisions in life. It's part of growing up, some make real bad decisions and some make real good decisions but most everyone has minor screw-up and learn from them.

You freakin pansy, have you never gotten into fight for what you believed was right?

Damn, this is a HOT WING:smile2:

Tell it BROTHA!

At the end of the day, I think Katoa will be a better person for having gone through this crap. While it is crap, we all learn from our mistakes. This won't really be too costly for him. I doubt he'll transfer - what would be the point? He's going to be a better person off the field and I would guess a much better and more seasoned player on the field as the result of this.

Does anyone know who makes up the judicial affairs board, or whatever it is? It there a way to review their decisions? I'm just curious that if any student is arrested do they go in front of that board and are they consistent in their decisions.

That varisty post had to be a joke. Please do nto pay attention to it. There was no explanation as to why he/it felt that Katoa should be permanently kicked out of school. If you want to know the truth, Boulder needs a few less trust fund, s**t talking babies who are so quick to throw out insults and judge others yet have never had to lift a finger to do or defend anything in their lives. It's sad, but unless something dramatic happens, most of these kids will go through life with an unmerited sense of entitlement. Maybe a rock to the head might not be such a bad idea.

Work hard this fall Lynn and help keep that 08 and 09 momentum going!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I know a non-athlete who was also suspended from school for brawling by the JA. So all this talk of singling out football players is unfounded.

Does anyone know who makes up the judicial affairs board, or whatever it is? It there a way to review their decisions? I'm just curious that if any student is arrested do they go in front of that board and are they consistent in their decisions.

That varisty post had to be a joke. Please do nto pay attention to it. There was no explanation as to why he/it felt that Katoa should be permanently kicked out of school. If you want to know the truth, Boulder needs a few less trust fund, s**t talking babies who are so quick to throw out insults and judge others yet have never had to lift a finger to do or defend anything in their lives. It's sad, but unless something dramatic happens, most of these kids will go through life with an unmerited sense of entitlement. Maybe a rock to the head might not be such a bad idea.

Punk Judicial Affairs info

If you want to know the truth, Boulder needs a few less trust fund, s**t talking babies who are so quick to throw out insults and judge others yet have never had to lift a finger to do or defend anything in their lives. It's sad, but unless something dramatic happens, most of these kids will go through life with an unmerited sense of entitlement. Maybe a rock to the head might not be such a bad idea.

Your post isnt a whole lot better than his man, you dont want others to judge but you are quick to judge yourself. I'd bet he is not in school and no trustafarian with a post like that.

As for the judicial affairs thing I never had to deal with it when I got MIP's etc in college.

Last edited:
As for the judicial affairs thing I never had to deal with it when I got MIP's etc in college.

Boulder County Police turn in the name of every single kid they give a ticket (as long as it breaks student conduct code, which is most) to the University who sorts through which kids are students and which are not. Obviously they don't care about the non-students, but with the CU students they find, they send them a letter telling them they need to set up an appointment with Judicial Affairs. Then the student goes in and gets things metaphorically shoved up their ass.

Boulder County Police turn in the name of every single kid they give a ticket (as long as it breaks student conduct code, which is most) to the University who sorts through which kids are students and which are not. Obviously they don't care about the non-students, but with the CU students they find, they send them a letter telling them they need to set up an appointment with Judicial Affairs. Then the student goes in and gets things metaphorically shoved up their ass.

Must have gotten very lucky then, i was ticketed for MIP, and a more serious multiple infraction in later in a separate incidents never heard word one from the school.

In my defense I was vindicated in the later more serious incident.

Must have gotten very lucky then, i was ticketed for MIP, and a more serious multiple infraction in later in a separate incidents never heard word one from the school.

In my defense I was vindicated in the later more serious incident.

Well when was this? That is as of now, I don't know if/when it changed.

2001 for me, I am geussing it changed when they moved from three strikes to two.

OK, I've always figured he'd be done this year. But where is the verification of the story? Sipili was not even allowed on campus for a semester. Katoa will be? I hope this is true, but where is the validation?

Back