What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KEG Renovations

whaaa. whaaaaaaaa. stop crying you babies. How about they just raise an NCAA championship banner and do nothing else.

Not withstanding a new purel dispenser in that hidden passage way from the Dark Horse mens room bathroom utility closet to the trap door under the student section (9th row center of section 14).

Are you guys kidding me about the AC? The games are during the winter.

1. Install fans on roof that suck in cold air from outside.
2. Profit

Are you guys kidding me about the AC? The games are during the winter.

1. Install fans on roof that suck in cold air from outside.
2. Profit

Or just open the outside doors everyone once in a while

It does get hot in there. I really don't mind it though. My seats are close enough to the top so that when they open the doors, it feels pretty good.

Put the students on the floor, in front of national tv cameras.Duke.jpg

Sound system upgrades, that is the first item on the wish list. I watched CU/az "valentines masacre" replay tonight instead of home run contest. Our court seems oddly colored on TV and the seats/fans are too well lit. So I guess I would like to see lightigupgrades as well.

Ideally student section taking at least a part of the side court and some boxes placed in. Our great modern day student section does not get the visibility/publicity it deserves due to the placement. Clever re-organization could get the capacity of the Keg to 12k. Restrooms need to be re-done. Place microphones by the baskets, it's a nice touch that provides intimacy (and plenty of schools do it).

And I want the Keg to remain hot as ****. Could care less if our fans are hot, let the other team suffer.

Last edited:
Bring the top of the student section down while spreading them around the corner to surround the opposing team's bench and we would win 99% of our games at home.

I know this isn't realistic, but it would be great to see a new arena. CU could play at the Broomfield complex while we built another arena. How sweet would that be?

.... I know, I know. It's not going to happen anytime soon. I guy can dream, no? :lol:
I wouldn't do any major renovations or go to a new building that required us to move off-campus for another 2-3 years at the least. They need to keep the momentum and moving games off-campus I believe would stunt that development.

No moving games off campus. I like college sports played on campus.

Better lighting and sound is a must. Chairbacks to replace bleachers is a must.

Do what Nik is recommending. They could add another 3-4k seats, improve the game day atmosphere, make more money, and do it somewhat cheaply. The whole thing shouldn't cost more than $10MM or so.

Now, if they really want to make a statement, make the first ten rows retractable and put in an ice sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to get a hockey team (as well as baseball). I also don't see either happening in the imminent future.

I'd love to get a hockey team (as well as baseball). I also don't see either happening in the imminent future.

Nor do I. But if they're talking about enhancements to the Keg, I figured I'd throw out the option of an ice sheet.

We need smoke machines.

Not for player intros. Based on that photo that flukes shared, we need them to hide our cheerleaders.

Nor do I. But if they're talking about enhancements to the Keg, I figured I'd throw out the option of an ice sheet.

If it's going to get used sure, I'm just not sure what events are going to come to campus that would make it worthwhile.

I know everyone is talking about the renovations to Folsom as they are much over due. But I wanted to get everyones opinions on the KEG. I love the KEG, don't get me wrong. It's a great arena that hasn't changed in some time. And I also want to point out that I by no means am saying that I want the KEG to look as ridiculous as Louisville's KFC Center or even USC's "NBA" arena. I just think that with our recent shift in success from football to basketball, we could definitely do some things to the KEG that would be awesome.

- The student sections benches wobble back and fourth, so they could use some updating
-Side note on the benches. What if each sections alternated colors from Gold to Black. Would look pretty awesome
- It would be amazing to get a hanging score board in the center of the court
- And just general updates to refresh the KEG

Just wanted thoughts on my ideas and if anyone else had any?

This was posted in Barzil a while back but there are some active projects going on this offseason at Coors events:

- Coach Boyle has been pushing for a remodel and expansion of the weight room in the OF for a while now and is getting his wish, the current weight-room is doubling in sized and taking over some old meeting spaces, this project is expected to be completes in the next couple weeks.
- New film room - this is for men's and women's basketball primarily but a new theater still film room is being installed in coors events complete wit nutrition center (a big push of Tad's) so that the teams can re-feul and review tape at the same time.
- Volley Ball locker room, this is being relocated and upgraded as part of the two above projects in order to bring it more inline with the basketball locker rooms and to free up some space for the other improvements.

There is a lot of unused space in the area that used to be the conference center that can be used in a variety of ways. They can get pretty creative.

There is a lot of unused space in the area that used to be the conference center that can be used in a variety of ways. They can get pretty creative.

Are you talking about the rooms that are basically in the basement of the old stricture near the basketball offices, the ones that used to the the season tick holder area before the practice facility?

Are you talking about the rooms that are basically in the basement of the old stricture near the basketball offices, the ones that used to the the season tick holder area before the practice facility?

Yes. I wandered over there before a game last year. Didn't seem like there was anything at all going on there.

Back