What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Key CU Buffs player suspended for the season

I have to wonder what the outcome would have been had it been a football player using the racial slurs. I have no doubt that the player would be held to a higher standard than this non-athlete student is being held.

So basically you're saying it's perfectly fine to run your mouth and use racial slurs and one can't expect to have repercussions for their actions. This is a two way street, not a one way that you are trying to make it. If you don't want to get in a fight, don't run your mouth. It's as simple as that. It's also different if this was an isolated incident, but it wasn't. The "victim" has a nice little track record of running his mouth at people.

I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand how to avoid taking the bait when someone is egging you on.

No I don't think it's perfectly fine to use racial slurs (if you recall I was on the side of pulling Kronshage's offer when that issue came up). I wish Tupou had taken the high ground - he didn't and if he was reacting to racial slurs then I at least understand why, but I'm also ok with him being punished for that decision.

I guess I shouldn't expect you to understand how to avoid taking the bait when someone is egging you on.

No I don't think it's perfectly fine to use racial slurs (if you recall I was on the side of pulling Kronshage's offer when that issue came up). I wish Tupou had taken the high ground - he didn't and if he was reacting to racial slurs then I at least understand why, but I'm also ok with him being punished for that decision.
Jackie Robinson would've had to kick the **** out of a lot of people.

That's the thing. It is especially important for a football player not to take the bait. Not only are they under the microscope, but they're also likely to cause enough damage to make the newspaper if they punch anyone.

They are told this over and over, that there are some idots out there who behave similar to football players like the asshole who throws stuff at a caged tiger. The idot knows that he's in for a world of pain if it would ever come down to it, but is able to trust to the fact that circumstances prevent it from happening. Football players know they have to walk away and their teammates have their backs to pull them away if things get too heated.

So, yes, if someone yelled something to egg Tupou on then I think the guy who did that is a total idot and asshole.

And if it went so far that it was something like, "Yeah, walk away, pussy! Just like a [insert racial slur]"... then he's a special kind of asshole and idot.

But the bottom line is that as much as I might think that guy deserves an attitude adjustment upside the head, football players know better and they have to walk away. It's a lesson that is going to follow them to the NFL where they run into that and more with assholes trying to take a beating (or get pregnant) in order to get a free payday off their contract. Got to protect yourself from that stuff by walking away.

There is one pretty vital distinction: usually a standard of guilt for a review board is "preponderance of the evidence" meaning at least 51% of the weight of the evidence points towards guilt (similar to a civil case). A criminal court requires the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard to convict.

Actually that distinction is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Be it a civil or criminal proceeding, the party against whom the action is being taken must be given due process. If Tupo didn't get that due process, he has grounds for appeal.

Typed with thumbs.

Actually that distinction is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Be it a civil or criminal proceeding, the party against whom the action is being taken must be given due process. If Tupo didn't get that due process, he has grounds for appeal. Typed with thumbs.
He had a hearing that according to posters here he had, or was allowed counsel. I don't think due process is a winner. I think his only recoucourse is civil suit against the university. At this point, I bet he transfers and is in the nfl hiring attorneys to fight the civil case from this little racist and his empowering dad. Maybe attacking the continued utilization of this board is a better way to spend time? Seems like the kids who would be attracted to disciplining other kids are the exact people you don't want effecting 17-20 year olds lives?

Per Ringo, Tupou is planning on being a Buff in 2016.

Per Adam M., Eddy Lopez has lost baby fat, is down to a more ripped ~290.

Back