What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kickoffs

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Personally, I think our lame first half kick offs may have cost us the game. The fuskers started three or four drives near midfield. WTF was that ****? I think we were worried about their return guy going into the game and made a decision before the game to go for the pop up kick. After getting burned every ****ing time, we finally decided to kick it deep in the second half. The results? They started their drives between the 20 and 30. A total special teams game plan fubar, if you ask me. It cost us the game.

I was curious why we were doing that also. Our special teams has been more than questionable all year.

Personally, I think our lame first half kick offs may have cost us the game. The fuskers started three or four drives near midfield. WTF was that ****? I think we were worried about their return guy going into the game and made a decision before the game to go for the pop up kick. After getting burned every ****ing time, we finally decided to kick it deep in the second half. The results? They started their drives between the 20 and 30. A total special teams game plan fubar, if you ask me. It cost us the game.
I don't think they were trying the "pop-up" kick (which we clearly do not practice b/c we can't field one). I don't know this for sure, but I thought it was Davis kicking off for the beginning of the game and he kept shanking them. I thought they switched to Goodman and that is when the kicks started going deep. It was difficult to tell because they never gave us a good look at the kicker and they kept using that stupid field angle. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Ours suck as well...................:huh:

Don't wanna hear it. You guys can actually make FGs.:cry:

As far as this thread goes, the special teams are about as bad as it gets in every phase, save kick returns. I have no idea why we were kicking short in the first half, but we gave them great field position. It has been the worst area of the team all year and we still make the same mistakes in Week 1. If you actually go back and watch our special teams play all year, it is amazing how undisciplined we are in that phase. Ouch.

Last edited:
Don't wanna hear it. You guys can actually make FGs.:cry:

As far as this thread goes, the special teams are about as bad as it gets in every phase, save kick returns. I have no idea why we were kicking short in the first half, but we gave them great field position. It has been the worst area of the team all year and we still make the same mistakes in Week 1. If you actually go back and watch our special teams play all year, it is amazing how undisciplined we are in that phase. Ouch.

:yeahthat:

Kickoff coverage nearly cost us the game against ISU. Guys 3-5 yards outside of their containment lanes. Unreal.

Back