What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kiszla: CU Football HC toughest job in state of Colorado

Is the CU FB HC job the toughest job in CO?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • **** you Kizla/Nash

Votes: 10 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The first question I had was if this was the hardest sports job in CO or the hardest job period. Because I know we all have our preferences in what we like to focus on and what we think is important, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot tougher jobs in this state.

But, even if it's only sports related, wtf. I guess it's just Jizzla doing what he does best, ****ing with people, because he really doesn't have the journalistic skill to do anything better. OTOH, at least the ****er realizes that CU is the only program worth trying to **** with people about. If he ****s with CSU, he'll get about 10 people, and three feedlots, riled up.
fify.

So nice of Kizla to break away from covering PFM & The Bronx to blather on about CU & our new coach. Too bad he's too ****ing lazy and stupid to figure out the main reason there will "only" be 35K Buff fans in attendance is because playing it at Sport-Vesco sucks. Play this game in Folsom and you'd see 52K screaming Buff fans supporting coach Mac.

Yeah, we've been wandering around in the wasteland for the past decade. In my opinion, hiring MacIntyre & R. George at the salaries they did shows that those on the "Hill in Boulder" might be figuring out that a good football program is a good thing for a university and its brand.

That Assclown Kizla and the rest of the clueless Denver media should camp out on PFM's front lawn and eat a large bag of dicks. Leave CU football to us and when coach Mac get's this thing going again we might let them watch a game after singing the fight song a few times. **** Kizla, **** CSU, **** Sport-Vesco. Go Buffs!!!!

The lack of tickets sold has nothing to do with fans "support" of the football program. CU fans aren't buying tickets because: 1) they can't stand the series with CSU, and want to get out of it ASAP; and, 2) they can't stand the game being played in Denver, and want the game returned to campus.

You just stop with that high falutin logic stuff of yours.

I actually agree with Kiszla's premise. It's just not executed very well.

CU is the toughest place for a head coach to retain their job longterm, because fans expectations are still very high. CSU and AF can probably have teams that hang around .500, maybe have one year every once in a while where they challenge for a bottom spot in the top 25, and win around half of their lower tier bowl games... and both coaches would be set for life.

At CU, the expectation is still being in contention for National Championships. Mac will not last longterm if he just brings CU to .500 type teams. He also has to do so in a significantly better conference then the MWC, which makes his job even tougher.

I agree that Boyle's success is not a blueprint for football success, but for significantly different reasons then Kiszla. In basketball, you can get a couple all conference players and you're going to be a tournament team more often then not. In football, having two very good players is not enough. You need deep and talented classes. It's harder to turn around a football program then a basketball program.

I don't believe most CU fans have national championship expectations.

Well, the fans that I talk to and hear from seem to think CU can return to that type of level. Not talking about this year, but 4-5 years from now, many seem to expect that should be where CU is at. Could be wrong, but I do not think most fans would be happy if CU was playing at an Air Force level 4-5 years from now (or even a team in the #23-35 range)

I would be thrilled to return to Barney type teams that won the games they were supposed to win. GB's .560 win percentage seems like near Nirvana compared to getting embarrassed week in and week out. If CU were a regularly ranked team, I would be pretty satisfied compared to what is happening now. Would I like to be in the MNC hunt again? Yes.

I can't imagine an educated Buff fan thinking this program is anywhere close to national championship contention.

I have hopes that McIntyre can get the program to a big-time status again at some point, but CU is at a state now where realistically fans are thinking about a division title in 5 years would be an incredible job.

A regular in the top 25 rankings is all I expect, and I think with our past as a viewpoint that can be accomplished. A run like the late-80's and 90's would be great though.

For me it is all about making it to a bowl game. Rankings are just a popularity contest in college football. For example, Ok. State went 8-5 last year, won their bowl game, and finished unranked. Baylor also went 8-5, won a bowl game, and finished unranked. Wisconsin won the Big Ten conference, and finished unranked. Food Cart won the Big East Conference, won a bowl game, won 10 games - and finished unranked in 2012. Tulsa? 11-3, Conf. USA champ, won a bowl game - and unranked. UCF went 10-4, won their bowl game - unranked.

I can't imagine an educated Buff fan thinking this program is anywhere close to national championship contention.

I have hopes that McIntyre can get the program to a big-time status again at some point, but CU is at a state now where realistically fans are thinking about a division title in 5 years would be an incredible job.

I don't think many fans think we are close to National Championship contention. I do think many expect CU to get there within a 5-10 year period tho. Some claim to be happy if CU was just a consistent Top 25 type team... either way, those are expectations that CSU and AF just don't have.

You want to see improvement from a coaching staff. If we were consistently a Top 25 team, but also consistently not in the top 15, I think many would question whether Mac was the right guy to take us to the next level. Course that is a good hypothetical problem to have.

For me it is all about making it to a bowl game. Rankings are just a popularity contest in college football. For example, Ok. State went 8-5 last year, won their bowl game, and finished unranked. Baylor also went 8-5, won a bowl game, and finished unranked. Wisconsin won the Big Ten conference, and finished unranked. Food Cart won the Big East Conference, won a bowl game, won 10 games - and finished unranked in 2012. Tulsa? 11-3, Conf. USA champ, won a bowl game - and unranked. UCF went 10-4, won their bowl game - unranked.
Yup because W/L is the only thing considered in the rankings

I expect a consistant 8 win team. Some years 10 or more. Be in the discussion of a NC once a decade. 1-11 is just stupid bad and CU has so much more potential than so many other schools that consistantly get ranked.

Yeah, I don't think it's too much to expect a consistent 8-win effort. I don't think we'll get back to that level for at least four years, though. Probably five or six. We're in a very deep hole.

Says the one who moved a CSU-CU thread that I started to the Island then started a new CSU-CU thread.

Hypocrite moderator.

I'm the one who moved your ****ing ****ty threads that were about the sheep ****ers to the Island. You may address your pissant whines to me.

I didn't want to link on the DP link, but can someone outline the arguement?

It seems laughable on the surface that a top 25 all-time winning team affiliated with a BCS AQ conference with a nationally recognized brand, some major award winners, a national championship and and a disproportionate winning record against other state programs might be at a disadvantage. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

Arguments? Kizla don't need no steenking arguments!!

badges.jpg

Well, the fans that I talk to and hear from seem to think CU can return to that type of level. Not talking about this year, but 4-5 years from now, many seem to expect that should be where CU is at. Could be wrong, but I do not think most fans would be happy if CU was playing at an Air Force level 4-5 years from now (or even a team in the #23-35 range)

Roland, my friend. The fans are just along for the ride. Expectations are set by CU leadership.

diStephano and Benson have made it clear that the expectation is for the CUAD to be run more like a business. Period.

There is no vision, plan nor promise to deliver CU to the Rose Bowl. The vision is dialed back to an ambiguous standard of "being competitive". Whatever that means is open to debate.

There is a leadership commitment to milking the CU fan base and appealing to our loyalties while moving at a snails pace on upgrading facilities to keep up with no one in the B12 and now P12.

The primary message coming from the CU AD is, "prepare your anus at mile high" because officers are asked to be strictly enforcing laws, and be prepared for TSA-like screening that requires personnel possessions are carried in palm sized clear plastic baggies.

Suck it up, bitches, because these enforcement measures are necessary to ensure safety.

This is the message. Where the hell is the fun in that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to link on the DP link, but can someone outline the arguement?

It seems laughable on the surface that a top 25 all-time winning team affiliated with a BCS AQ conference with a nationally recognized brand, some major award winners, a national championship and and a disproportionate winning record against other state programs might be at a disadvantage. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

Yeah. Schitty journalists. You forgot those. Talking heads with no real thoughts about reality, only what will get clicks and keep a paycheck coming in.

Back