What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kiszla is at it again

This is an honest question: Would CU be making more money in the Big 12 right now? I have no idea, but Jizsla says that "The Big 12 is making more in bowl payouts and TV rights than any other of the big 6 conferences"

Is that true? I don't see how it is.

Big 12 did have a higher tier 1 and 2 + bowl game payout per team I believe, but by a VERY small margin... like hundreds of thousands over other conferences. Big Ten blows them away once you add BTN $$. Pac 12 Network hasn't announced a payout for it's first year yet, though it's expected to be small this year due to start up costs. Seems like it should be a significant amount next year, so CU will likely be making more in the P12 than everyone in the B12 except for Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas - all who have good 3rd tier packages. CU will make millions more with the P12 media deal than if they had stayed in the B12. Texas will make more in the B12 than anyone in the P12 due to the LHN. But after that, there are two dropoffs - one to schools like OU and kansas (they scored big on their 3rd tier basketball to ESPN), and then another drop down to the rest.

Listened to Kiszla this morning. I prefer fingernails on a chalk board. But he said, Ceal Berry is the greatest coach in CU history including Bill McCartney. We can argue the merits of Ceal Berry, but Kiszla is a true moron.

Kiszla published another moronic article in today's DP. Linky for U

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_23682435/mark-kiszla-this-hiring-by-cu-buffs-had

This guy is a real POS

I'm by no means a fan of this guy, but I didn't see what was so awful in that article. He's basically saying that football needs to be the moneymaker so George and McIntyre better learn to work together quickly if they hope to deliver the wins which will in turn help fundraising, and I woul agree.

Kisla is not a journalist, he is not a reporter, he is not a credible sports commentator.

What he is a guy who is to lazy to do the actual work needed to develop legitimate stories and lacks the talent to cover it up. He is a columnist who's job is to attract attention to the paper and now the web. What he specializes in is throwing crap against the wall and seeing how many people smell it. He knows that if he makes outlandish statements about the Broncos he can get a large general reaction. He knows that if he makes outlandish statements about CU he will get a smaller reaction but an intense reaction due to the more loyal nature of college fans.

He doesn't say crap about CSU because he knows that they don't have enough fans who care to move the needle. He does know that CSU is a sore spot for CU fans so that by creating connections between CU and CSU like saying that we belong in the same conference is a way of saying that CSU and CU are on the same level, a statement that everyone including the CSU fans know is ridiculous but that he knows will generate a strong reaction.

The ridiculousness of his garbage is shown by the fact (apparently, I didn't give him the click to read it) that in the same column he makes the argument that CU should be in the MWC and talks about conference revenues. The total payout to MWC schools from the conference is about $1.5-$2.5 million a year depending on certain variable factors. Compare this to the projected eventual payouts in the PAC of close to $30 milliion and even the projected bottom Big XII payouts of about $12 million per team.

A lot of people here don't like Woody Paige but you can at least respect him. He does his homework, he looks for the deeper story or column topic. Even when he writes a column that is aimed at stirring things up he writes it well and he finds some interesting way to do it, like when he used to get the fuskers all riled up by parodying their fans. Kizla lacks even that work ethic and talent so he resorts to just throwing up all over the place and hoping others react.

Best answer, don't read him, don't react to him, don't worry about him.

Kisla is not a journalist, he is not a reporter, he is not a credible sports commentator.

What he is a guy who is to lazy to do the actual work needed to develop legitimate stories and lacks the talent to cover it up. He is a columnist who's job is to attract attention to the paper and now the web. What he specializes in is throwing crap against the wall and seeing how many people smell it. He knows that if he makes outlandish statements about the Broncos he can get a large general reaction. He knows that if he makes outlandish statements about CU he will get a smaller reaction but an intense reaction due to the more loyal nature of college fans.

He doesn't say crap about CSU because he knows that they don't have enough fans who care to move the needle. He does know that CSU is a sore spot for CU fans so that by creating connections between CU and CSU like saying that we belong in the same conference is a way of saying that CSU and CU are on the same level, a statement that everyone including the CSU fans know is ridiculous but that he knows will generate a strong reaction.

The ridiculousness of his garbage is shown by the fact (apparently, I didn't give him the click to read it) that in the same column he makes the argument that CU should be in the MWC and talks about conference revenues. The total payout to MWC schools from the conference is about $1.5-$2.5 million a year depending on certain variable factors. Compare this to the projected eventual payouts in the PAC of close to $30 milliion and even the projected bottom Big XII payouts of about $12 million per team.

A lot of people here don't like Woody Paige but you can at least respect him. He does his homework, he looks for the deeper story or column topic. Even when he writes a column that is aimed at stirring things up he writes it well and he finds some interesting way to do it, like when he used to get the fuskers all riled up by parodying their fans. Kizla lacks even that work ethic and talent so he resorts to just throwing up all over the place and hoping others react.

Best answer, don't read him, don't react to him, don't worry about him.
Yeah, you, pretty much, nailed Kiszla. BTW, was it good? My deal with him is that he CAN'T ****ING TALK!! I know it isn't PC to disrespect morons, but, come on!

Back