What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Klatt

I question that. He has had one good year in his 4 classes and that was helped by having a 5 star player with an Uncle on the team and getting a couple of 4 star players when Nebraska fired Callahan. His other classes have been pretty average to below average in the conference and this year is not shaping up very good. Very few of CU commits this year are getting offers from BCS schools much less the top schools. The 2009 class would even fall more in the rankings considering that Nuckols and Moten did not get into the program.

Add to that the fact that he has undersigned the last couple leaving CU about 12 under the 85 man limit. With further attrition CU will have to bring in a class of 25 plus players and with the way the team is performing it is getting tougher to attract the top recruits. Meaning CU will be YOUNG once again.

When he arrived I remember him describing the OL as in dire straits. He made some kids red shirt because of the need to build depth versus an immediate contribution. Here we are 4 years later after a few transfers and still thin on the OL and few if any upperclassman leaders. It all starts up front.

Klatt never ADVISED nor did he ENCOURAGE any player to leave the program. The comment was that he would not blame a certain QB for transferring. You might think I am splitting hairs but there is a big difference.

Very true, He never told any player to transfer, but that he would not blame him if he did decide to transfer...I give a :thumbsup: to JK, he has the balls to call out Hawkins, and he has paid his dues to do so

Are you sure? During the FSN recap (between games), if I recall right, JK was talking about a certain player with a "long leash" and a certain player with "short leash", and the message it sends to the whole team. He then said something to the affect that if they continue to treat TH this way he should think about transferring.

First things first - I like JK. I enjoyed watching him in B-n-G, and I think he's pretty good in front of the tv cameras. As such, he's got the right to state his opinions. That said, I think he went just a bit too far with the comment.

The classes have been good independent of star-rating. The last 3 classes have been great, but devoid of playmaker speedy types at WR. Pretty solid classes though. Recruiting is not the problem and Youth is not the excuse.

O-Line has been poor but not lacking depth any more. New coach, crappy results.

I have it first hand that the "team" is sincerely behind their coaches. Sure there may be a dissenter here and there, there always is. Not everyone is happy on any team.

Klatt has a voice and legitimacy as an ex-player. He also has a responsibility to be professional and well-informed and to stick to facts. He made a huge issue yesterday "confirming while on the air the sign is gone". He had ZERO information about who or why.... Just threw that on the fire as a Hawkins disrespecting tradition.

I've witnessed nothing but Hawkins being 100% in favor of tradition. Mac and Coach Crowder have been part of it.

Klatt is a GB loyalist and I don't think he's being fully even-handed in his assessment. It may be subconsious, but the fact is that GB being replaced by Hawk was very painful to past players who played for GB.

The classes have been good independent of star-rating. The last 3 classes have been great, but devoid of playmaker speedy types at WR. Pretty solid classes though. Recruiting is not the problem and Youth is not the excuse.

There is logic that there is no way to argue with in an intelligent manner. Why don't you just say..."The last 3 1/2 seasons have been great independent of record."

If recruiting has been so great why aren't we doing better? Maybe bad coaching? Naah, we are just Young.

:lol:

So which is it? The classes have been "great" or "pretty solid". Anyone who thinks the recruiting has been consistently great or even consistently good is delusional.

Hawkins & Klatt should:

A. Meet on the 50 yard line at Folsum & duke it out.
B. Meet at a neutral talk radio station to debate CU Football problems.
C. Meet at Bohn's office for attitude adjustments by former CU players and alumni.
D. None of the above.

Klatt is a GB loyalist and I don't think he's being fully even-handed in his assessment. It may be subconsious, but the fact is that GB being replaced by Hawk was very painful to past players who played for GB.

Hawk has totally alienated former players from the program. Klatt is not the only one pissed. There are hundreds of former buffs pissed from different coaching regimes.

I still find it funny that some people will automatically side with a mercenary coach over a former player every single time.

I think Klatt is loyal to the FB program, and it has nothing to do with playing for GB, or Hawk replacing GB.

Any issues with the coaching has to do with GB being replaced even though he was winning 6-8 games a year. When you get rid of a guy and the new guy comes you expect to continue to win 6-8 games a year. GB got killed in the Big 12 championship by UT. I don't see Juicebox ever getting to a big 12 championship.

Juicebox can't win on the road, proof is his road record.

Juicebox can't compete against the teams in the North, and the North has been week for years.

Juicebox underpreforms against teams (at least on paper) we should kill. The teams are too many to even name at this point.

Juicebox has been a horrible failure as a coach at CU. The program is as bad as any teams Fairbanks had.

Our recruiting is not anywhere near as good as people think. We have 1 class in the top 25 since Juicebox got here. That class included several players that are no longer here and never played for CU. The few verbals we have for the 2010 class are not being chased by any top 25 school.

With a few exceptions the recruits that we have signed the last few years decided to play for CU when their other options were mid level WAC or Mtn West. We have lost out to UCLA, Oregon, and other BCS schools on the top talent far more times than we have won.

You say Klatt has not been even handed in his assessment of the program. If anything I think Klatt's loyalty to the program has prevented him from being even more critical.

He's a talking version of Woody Paige except he actually has experience. He is paid to provide his opinion and thats what it is. He's just more legitimate.

Yep. For everyone who thinks Klatt should shut up, I would kindly remind them that it is his job to talk about sports. If Hawk doesn't like the criticism, he should start winning games.

And you are a Hawk apologist. Labels are easy and fun!

He made a huge issue yesterday "confirming while on the air the sign is gone". He had ZERO information about who or why.... Just threw that on the fire as a Hawkins disrespecting tradition.

Who cares how or why? I'm with Klatt on that one.

:lol:

So which is it? The classes have been "great" or "pretty solid". Anyone who thinks the recruiting has been consistently great or even consistently good is delusional.

Um.. they have been consistently good.

Keeping our top recruits, getting them on the field and putting them in a position to win has been a different story however.

Um.. they have been consistently good.

Keeping our top recruits, getting them on the field and putting them in a position to win has been a different story however.

Well I guess I look at retention as a large part of recruiting. Means jack **** if you get a bunch of guys to sign and they never end up seeing the field at CU. I find it especially odd, given the fact the coaches go out of the way to talk about how they are looking for the exact right fits and do not pressure kids to commit. Also, BlackNGold is right, the staff has dropped the ball numbers-wise in recruiting. To be so far under the scholarship limit in year four is pitiful.

I'd say that his recruiting has definitely been good enough to not be sitting at 2-5 with blowout losses to CSU, Toledo, and KSU in year 4 of his tenure. Because of that, it clearly indicates that he and his staff do not belong at this level of competitive football.

Well, JK has certainly gotten what he wants. We are talking about him, :lol:

Believe me, all of that goes through my head as well. And if the admin feels like a change is best, I'll sure as hell be excited to get on board with the new coach. But I'd also see that as another set back, time wise, for the program.

Might I suggest a stopper in one ear, so that some of "that" sticks around?

Seriously, though, I have no problem with Klatt speaking his mind, that's what he's getting paid to do.

Klatt has a voice and legitimacy as an ex-player. He also has a responsibility to be professional and well-informed and to stick to facts. He made a huge issue yesterday "confirming while on the air the sign is gone". He had ZERO information about who or why.... Just threw that on the fire as a Hawkins disrespecting tradition.

He's getting paid for his insight as a former player. To some extent, that requires editorial commentary, which should be based upon facts, but doesn't have to be purely factual. Until you're his employer, I don't think he's taking direction from you.

Something tells me Klatt would be a little more supportive of Hawk if he wasn't turning CU into a laughing stock.

I'd say that his recruiting has definitely been good enough to not be sitting at 2-5 with blowout losses to CSU, Toledo, and KSU in year 4 of his tenure. Because of that, it clearly indicates that he and his staff do not belong at this level of competitive football.

My thought as well, and anybody that is a Hawk apoligist right now just blows my mind, HOW? WHY? Ummm Road record?:lol:

Hawkins & Klatt should:

A. Meet on the 50 yard line at Folsum & duke it out.
B. Meet at a neutral talk radio station to debate CU Football problems.
C. Meet at Bohn's office for attitude adjustments by former CU players and alumni.
D. None of the above.

E. Trade jobs... :thumbsup:

Something tells me Klatt would be a little more supportive of Hawk if he wasn't turning CU into a laughing stock.

Note that Mac's players are not really speaking out. Yes, there has been some displeasure with 2-5, and we are all displeased.

Beat him down on his record, not for having a sign painted over he may or may not have had anything to do with. No one is more respectful of Mac's traditions and accomplishments than Hawkins.

Don't give me this crap about how painful it is as a "former proud Buff" to have these traditions and a "once-proud" program dismantled. Klatt: 70 to F'ing 3.

Hawkins failing to win is the issue. The fans who “hate the man” and “can’t stand to see him talk”, would feel exactly the opposite if we were 6-1. The fact is, we are awful and yet at the same time not too far from beating #2 Texas in Austin. We are a lot closer to being competitive than the ’06 team that won the North but couldn’t come close to competing against top-10 teams. I hated to see us go to the B12 championships back then because we had no chance.

I re-read this and I'm dumbstruck. If it was you that wrote this buffaholic, that is the biggest load of horse**** I have read in a long time. "Not too far" from beating #2 Texas in Austin? What game were you watching? They absolutely dominated us in the second half. If you take away offensive struggles and special teams in that game, we were SO close.:rolleyes::rolleyes: As for the idea that we're a lot closer to being competitive than the '05 team, good to hear. We were super competitive in Manhattan last weekend.:rolleyes:

Note that Mac's players are not really speaking out. Yes, there has been some displeasure with 2-5, and we are all displeased.

Beat him down on his record, not for having a sign painted over he may or may not have had anything to do with. No one is more respectful of Mac's traditions and accomplishments than Hawkins.

Don't give me this crap about how painful it is as a "former proud Buff" to have these traditions and a "once-proud" program dismantled. Klatt: 70 to F'ing 3.

Isn't Alfred Williams pretty displeased? I'd say for every 70-3 loss to Texas which was one of the best CFB teams of all time, there's losses to Montana State, Toledo and 56-0 to Missouri not to mention a last second victory over Eastern Washington. Certainly Klatt didn't make the Buffs look like gods, but come on. We're clearly worse now than we were with Klatt and GB around. If this current team played that Vince Young Texas team we'd be lucky to lose by less than 67.

I love when people mention 70-3 without stopping to consider that this team would have lost by more than 70-3 to that team. They could hang 100 on us if they tried to. That team was one of the very best ever.

I haven't heard him in a couple of weeks, but he had actually backed off and said we need to let this thing play out. So, he's actually done kind of an about face.

Going silent isn't really an about face - that would mean actually praising the current staff. He's just butting out.

Back