What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kool Aid Thread

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
The Kool Aid is now drained. So now what do we do? That's right. Let's hear some solutions to our problems.

This is what I hear the most from you guys. Feel free to add anything. Especially you BuffWings. :lol:

1. Bench Hawkins. He's not getting it done. Done. So now where do we go if Ballenger fails? Is that acceptable to you guys? Or do we employ the dreaded dual QB option. Put in the hot hand as Hawk likes to put it.

2. The running game. Lt. FS said he wants to see us run more. Does this eliminate Sumler? Daaah mentioned that he's a good blocker out there. Do we focus on the run and hope for the best with the passing game?

3. The OL situation. I don't see any solutions here. Anyone of you guys have any?

4. Darrell Scott. Is he hurt or not? Out of shape, or having problems picking up the playbook. Go crazy syko.

5. Josh Smith and the return game. Bench him? Who do you put in? Espinoza? Stewart?

1. Yes Bench Cody. This season is a wash. Best bet is to try to salvage it yet invest for the future. Start Bally next week because Mizzou will be lights out so he needs some real gametime. I think Bally is capable of enough good passes to get us some wins over aTm and ISU. That leaves one game to win somewhere. Mizzou? fuhgettaboutit! OSU? Maybe, but they would have to have a bad day and us play the best game of the season so far. So, that leaves kjuco, and Knu. Give MB some playing time now so that he has enough experience to be ready for kNU.

1. Go with Ballenger vs KSU
2. Get DS in the frickin game
3. Nothing you can do about the o-line
4. See number 2 above
5. Are you kidding? Josh did great in the return game today. Keep him there...and play him on offense, for God's sake.

1)Keep Hawkins in. Ballenger doesn't look like the answer. If Cody looks like crap at the beginning of the KSU game, get him out BEFORE the game is completely out of hand.

2)Need to run the ball and need to see both Scott and Speedy in at the same time.

3)Oline. One can only hope they will get better with experience. Pray for no more injuries.

4)Scott. This isn't spreading rumours cause I have nothing to substantiate this claim other than logic, but I think there must be something going on behind the scenes. Scott is in the doghouse or something. Schoolwork, work ethic, not practicing hard, I dunno. But there MUST be something. And I don't buy the injury stuff. He looks fine when he gets the ball. And if he was injured, Hawk would say so.

5)Keep Smith in the return game. I may cringe each time he's back there but he basically is our offense at this point.

2. and 4. If the guy is a 5star, why arent you playing him? Are you kidding me? He needs PT and we need to pound it out and est. the run game. With RS and Moyd as well. Sumler is not very good, need to move him to fullback.
3. all you can do is coach them up and hope they gel and get more consistent.
5. keep J-fly in there, and Espy as backup.

Maybe all Ballenger needs is a chance. But do you risk ruining his confidence throwing him to the wolves?

Ballenger looks slow and lumbering to me. He also looked lost against a prevent defense and both fumbled and threw what should have been an interception.

1. Put in Ballanger, for what it's worth, putting in Hansen might not be a bad idea if he's practicing well considering the second half of the season is much easier and should be decent for development. Cody Hawkins is probably better with a healthy team, but we don't have that/

2. With our oline. No.

3. It's done, we're down to the backup's backup's. It won't get better just more banged up.

4. Rodney is better as of right now, we need a dominating game to break scott out, otherwise we're just risking our run game for development when we already have someone who has been running well.

5. Keep Josh Smith.

The Kool Aid is now drained. So now what do we do? That's right. Let's hear some solutions to our problems.

This is what I hear the most from you guys. Feel free to add anything. Especially you BuffWings. :lol:

1. Bench Hawkins. He's not getting it done. Done. So now where do we go if Ballenger fails? Is that acceptable to you guys? Or do we employ the dreaded dual QB option. Put in the hot hand as Hawk likes to put it.

2. The running game. Lt. FS said he wants to see us run more. Does this eliminate Sumler? Daaah mentioned that he's a good blocker out there. Do we focus on the run and hope for the best with the passing game?

3. The OL situation. I don't see any solutions here. Anyone of you guys have any?

4. Darrell Scott. Is he hurt or not? Out of shape, or having problems picking up the playbook. Go crazy syko.

5. Josh Smith and the return game. Bench him? Who do you put in? Espinoza? Stewart?

i would suggest we find a way to heal all of the injured players and make all of the ineligible players hit the books so that they are able to play.

seems to me, that would make one hell of a difference.

but, i know its easier to piss on the coaching staff and the players for not getting things done despite the problems that they have in front of them.

i mean, hell!!! hawk has had one top 20 recruiting class in his 3 years here. CU should be in contention for a MNC!!!! what more do you need?

we have the #1 RB recruit in the nation. he should have come in here and run for 12,000 yards by now. im suprised he has been tackled once.

ok, that is not realistic. the ol has some injuries. however, with the stable of OL that GB left Hawk and the top 20 class hawk brought in last year, they should be pushing the NY Giants up and down the feild!!!!

who gives a crap if they are all damn young!!! that excuse aint no bird dog. to put it another way, that dog wont hunt!!!

we should not only hope but, expect that one of the 10 youngest teams in the nation can lose 3 of their starters on the OL, most (if not all) are underclassmen, and just toss in some warm bodies and CH should have 10 minutes to throw, the RB's should have holes 15 yards wide to run through and every damn WR should be open every play.

injuries are no excuse!!! we need to win damnit!!! i dont want reality!!! i want what i want!!!

i want all of CU's problems from the last 5 years solved now!!!!

i dont have 5 years to give Hawk to build the program!!!!

Stoops and that guy at OSU won their MNC's in year 2!!!! i want that!!!! i want a friggin act of GOD!!!!!

i feel so bad for myself!!!! my team is not winning like i want them to!!! the good thing is, i have all of the answers! that is why i feel so good about my self.

see, i know everything that is going on within the program. i know why certian people play, and why others dont. i know what the game plan should be and should not be. that is why i fly airplanes for a living. im awesome!!!! i have it all figured out!!!!

personally, i think Hawk is just itching for DS to transfer so he can tell new recruits that his program was just too tough for the #1 RB recruit in the nation to deal with. he is that friggin good!!!!

that is jedi mind trick ****, right there!!! mark my words!!!! see what happens!!!

i dont know about the rest of you but, if i move back to Colorado, im getting Colorado College season football tickets!!!! at least those dudes play football like football players play football for a football program that plays football at a football school where people watch football for the sake of watching football.

football.:cool:

:smile2:

Do not bench Josh Smith. He is so money baby, he doesn't even know it.

SWINGERSAREPR.JPG

Here's my solution.

#1-- dump the shotgun. Keep Cody in the game at QB.

#2-- 2 RB formation or 2-tight end formation EVERY DOWN. RB's need to suck it up and stay ON the field. I watched Texas's RB make a 60 yard run down the sideline and where was he the next play -- IN THE BACKFIELD. CU's backs run 4 yards and head for the sidelines. I'm not sure who needs to grow a sack, be it the coaches or the RB's - but somebody needs to! Run the ball WITH THE RUNNING BACKS at least 35 times EVERY GAME. Cody Hawkins SHOULD NOT be the 2nd leading rusher in ANY game.

Josh Smith should be on the field EVERY play on offense, and should have the ball thrown his direction 10+ times EVERY GAME. He needs to become a "go to" player.

The pass offense should be composed of a fair amount of play action passes, lots of quick slants, 3-step drops, and post / fly patterns. Josh Smith is plenty fast to run those kinds of routes.

3. There is no solution here. Pick the best 5 and go with them. Teach them to drive block. Find the quickest guards we've got because I'm going to recommend lots of traps and pulling guards with this offense.

4. If Darrell is hurt -- then don't play him. If he's healthy and can play. F*CKING PLAY HIM. Stick the ball in his gut 20+ times a game and lets see what he can do. He's a big dude. He could be punishing some LB's and safeties if we'd just let him.

5. Are you kidding? Take Josh Smith out of the return game? Hell no. BUT -- COACH HIM. On punts, tell him, "Josh-- you are standing on the 20 yard line. If you back up 10 steps and the ball is still going over your head-- LET IT GO."

Ballenger looks slow and lumbering to me. He also looked lost against a prevent defense and both fumbled and threw what should have been an interception.

Cody looked slow and weak armed to me. He DID throw 2 INTs, missed wide open receivers, has previously overthrown wide open receivers, ran backwards for a safety, AND has 18 games of experience. So what's your point?

Bally still looks better, and will be much better after 18 games. But right now we need the QB who can open up the passing and the opponents' D. That will not only get the passing game going but help the running game.

Cody looked slow and weak armed to me. He DID throw 2 INTs, missed wide open receivers, has previously overthrown wide open receivers, ran backwards for a safety, AND has 18 games of experience. So what's your point?

Bally still looks better, and will be much better after 18 games. But right now we need the QB who can open up the passing and the opponents' D. That will not only get the passing game going but help the running game.

Yeah Cody looked like ****. I'll give you that.

Maybe any change is a good change.

Cody looks scared and rattled. I'm just hoping what he needs is decent game to regain some confidence.

Disagree. I'd say he underthrew the receivers today. But what difference does that make? :huh:

Disagree. I'd say he underthrew the receivers today. But what difference does that make? :huh:

Sorry, I forgot to add that too. :lol:

Sorry, it was a nice story: the whole father-son thing, but dammit its time to win some games or at least put the team in a better position to win games.

1: OLine
2: OLine
3: OLine
4: OLine
5: Punt Returns.

Seriously, everything on the offensive line begins and ends with our Oline. It gives QB's time to throw, it gives WR time to find open spaces down field, it opens holes for RB's. If your Oline isn't beating the Dline, you lose games. If you have some magic offense that allows you to move the ball in front of the line of scrimmage without at least stopping the DLine for 3 seconds, i'm sure there's a Offensive coordinator position open for you somewhere.

Last edited:
Here is something for you...OSU sucked for many years under Gundy...remember 3 years ago when then Buffs shut them out in Stillwater? They look pretty damn good now.

Give Hawk the chance to get this thing turned around.

Here is something for you...OSU sucked for many years under Gundy...remember 3 years ago when then Buffs shut them out in Stillwater? They look pretty damn good now.

Same thing could be said about Mangino and Pinkel.

note: cody looked great iin the 1st Quarter. he threw ONE pick. That other was a great defensive play with a helmet knocking the ball out of crawfords hands. Cody was tearing it up early.

Caveat: he looked awful in 2d and 3d quarters. awful. He needed to be pulled to get his **** together. He will hopefully come back stronger for it.

I told you so: Ballenger looked EXACTLY like he did in fall practice. 1 option, get rattled, run slowly, go down.

However, I don't know what we can do until the Oline gets better, Cody has happy feet.

That was Gundy's first season. They went 4-7 that year.

They followed that up with back to back 7-6 seasons - and then this season.

That was Gundy's first season. They went 4-7 that year.

They followed that up with back to back 7-6 seasons - and then this season.
Good...then perhaps next season will be the breakthrough for the Buffs, based on OSU's progression.

Start cody,mix balleneger in.

GIVE SCOTT some carries DUH?

OL? Grimes is the expert,he's the awesome ol gut,scheme.

Scrap the spread,move to an I-formation and have the people who are actually getting PAID to coach,come up with a scheme and gameplan to ...check this out....Succeed:thumbsup:

We gave an extension to a coach who can't get all his asst coaches together and come up with a better gameplan?

I guess for the rest of the season we can just say "Banged up OL" and use that excuse for the next 6 losses.:rolleyes:

I just don't see how a bunch of drunks can second guess a professional coaching staff? :lol:

Really. This thing will get turned around. We are young, inexperienced, and beat up. We have zilch confidence right now. This team still needs our support.

I just don't see how a bunch of drunks can second guess a professional coaching staff? :lol:

Really. This thing will get turned around. We are young, inexperienced, and beat up. We have zilch confidence right now. This team still needs our support.

professional :lol::lol::lol:

:thumbsup: Because we all have epiphanies 5 drinks into the game. We know better than them.

Seriously, just because we're not coaches doesnt mean we're not smart fans who understand what it takes to have some success.

A lot of us are just not seeing it, OL, QB problems aside. it's the decisions the staff make. dont seem to make sense, at least to us laymen.

Back