What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kronshage Twitter mistake

:yeahthat:

Obviously he should be punished but you don't kick him off the team for that. He should be on a short leash though.

A short leash of not using the n-word anymore? CU football has enough issues without being in the business of racial slur rehab. It sucks that one word can screw someone's life up so bad, but it shouldn't even be on his brain, otherwise all his future teammates are going to assume he has some suppressed racial hate that he's just hiding from them.

It's going to be interesting to see how this story develops. Thing is, he probably has black teammates that he gets along with just fine. Sounds to me like this was a deal where he was trying to get under the skin of a rival and crossed the line. Still, I think CU is very concerned about even the slightest perception of racism. This could be enough for MM to cut him loose.

The sentiments he expressed don't go over very well in a place like Boulder no matter what the context or his age and background. The Buffs had had enough bad publicity over the recent years, some of it even was their own doing but all of it impacts how the program is percieved in Boulder.

I would be in favor of giving the kid at least a chance to explain himself but in the big context he may not be worth the trouble he has created.

"In a place like Boulder"

Seriously? Those dumb****, ignorant statements don't go over well in many places. GTFO with the Boulder PC bull**** on this one.

A short leash of not using the n-word anymore? CU football has enough issues without being in the business of racial slur rehab. It sucks that one word can screw someone's life up so bad, but it shouldn't even be on his brain, otherwise all his future teammates are going to assume he has some suppressed racial hate that he's just hiding from them.
1. One has to think about the environment that he came from. See the comments here
2. Almost all on the team knows he was recruited by black coaches so if he really was racist don't you think that he would have gone to a different school?

1. One has to think about the environment that he came from. See the comments here
2. Almost all on the team knows he was recruited by black coaches so if he really was racist don't you think that he would have gone to a different school?

What other offers did he have?

Settle down. An 18yo said something stupid. He isn't the first, won't be the last. No reason to pull a scholly, and no reason to castigate the kid. This PC nonsense is completely out of hand....

That's what I meant by one word screwing you up, doesn't matter what evidence he has to the contrary. That word is the 3rd rail, and he's done. His future teammates aren't going to give him a chance, why should they.

Not sure I understand the thread of tweets. Looks to me like he was commenting on another tweet using the slur and then said #SEASONOVER. I am not excusing it but it appears to me that it could be taken another way. Like using that slur in a previous tweet would lead to someone's season being over. Either way, just do not use the word would be the easiest path he could have taken. I hate twitter.

Settle down. An 18yo said something stupid. He isn't the first, won't be the last. No reason to pull a scholly, and no reason to castigate the kid. This PC nonsense is completely out of hand....

PC? Seriously?

That's what I meant by one word screwing you up, doesn't matter what evidence he has to the contrary. That word is the 3rd rail, and he's done. His future teammates aren't going to give him a chance, why should they.
Doubt it. The key is what the ending was, HUGE difference between the two.

Doubt it. The key is what the ending was, HUGE difference between the two.

What ending? Do you guys throw the n-bomb out that readily on campus these days to be funny? I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not saying it's right, but here in Texas that word is thrown around quite a bit, even between white and black friends giving each other a hard time. It is offensive, but that thought may have not even crossed his mind if he sent that to a friend. This will be a good learning experience, but no need to kick a kid of the team for a dumbass twitter mistake - let him pay for it in the locker room.

PC? Seriously?
Yeah, PC. I am not condoning his behavior, but people are seriously saying let's pull the guy's scholly and he has no place at CU? Give me a break. Somebody goes off the PC reservation and some are ready to tar and feather the kid. How about working with him to understand actions have consequences and use his insensitivity as a teaching moment? Nah, let's just go knee jerk and try to ruin his life....

I'm not saying it's right, but here in Texas that word is thrown around quite a bit, even between white and black friends giving each other a hard time. It is offensive, but that thought may have not even crossed his mind if he sent that to a friend. This will be a good learning experience, but no need to kick a kid of the team for a dumbass twitter mistake - let him pay for it in the locker room.

It's okay to say if you have black friends.

Spot on.

Yuri certainly said some pretty extremely offensive things in his tweets during his recruitment-which did cause some teams to back off. But ABers were generally supportive of giving him a chance. Not sure I understand why so many think the stupid use of one offensive word on Twitter should lead to him having his scholly revoked.

Sh*t if everyone lost their job for saying 1 bad or offensive word or joke the global unemployment rate would be worse than Spain's youth unemployment rate.

I realize he is going to be a college athlete and more public than the average person but he is just finishing high school. I am interested to see how MM handles it.

You gotta be ****in kidding me.
If you can't see the difference between the two then I am not sure what to say. There is a difference, and it's a big one. One is very racist. The other? Not so much. I'm not condoning it but there are different magnitudes here.

GiA is spot on.

If you can't see the difference between the two then I am not sure what to say. There is a difference, and it's a big one. One is very racist. The other? Not so much. I'm not condoning it but there are different magnitudes here.

Is this like the "gay" versus "ghey" thing?

And is there maybe a book out there on the topic of social media for people over 30? :lol:

I'll say it: I don't think this kid is talented enough to deal with this kid of bulls**t. I'm all for second chances, but we have more to lose here than he does, so if it were my call, I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.

GiA is spot on.

Martin Luther Creatini. Didn't know you had such an intuitive sense of race relations. Tomorrow, here in Mississippi, I will try these theories out in the real world. Wish me luck.

Martin Luther Creatini. Didn't know you had such an intuitive sense of race relations. Tomorrow, here in Mississippi, I will try these theories out in the real world. Wish me luck.

Way to try to pull comments out of there that were not said. Congrats.

And Nik, somewhat. This reminds me of the '***' South Park episode if you've seen that one.

Way to try to pull comments out of there that were not said. Congrats.

The 'a' ending or the 'er' ending. Big difference between the two.

Yeah, I'm gonna use the 'a' ending, maybe drop some rap lyrics, maybe just to try and be funny. I should be fine, you're the expert.

Yeah, I'm gonna use the 'a' ending, maybe drop some rap lyrics, maybe just to try and be funny. I should be fine, you're the expert.

All I am saying that there is a big difference between the two, which for some reason you're not grasping. I'm not saying it's right, just that there is a difference. There's a big double standard if it's the 'a' ending.

Also Nik pointed this out over on Rivals, Sam is the only one that publicly apologized and reached out. That counts for something and tells me that he know he made a mistake.

Yeah, PC. I am not condoning his behavior, but people are seriously saying let's pull the guy's scholly and he has no place at CU? Give me a break. Somebody goes off the PC reservation and some are ready to tar and feather the kid. How about working with him to understand actions have consequences and use his insensitivity as a teaching moment? Nah, let's just go knee jerk and try to ruin his life....

All this - going way off the rocker here. You don't go kicking a kid off the team for a mistake as a 17/18 year old. Live around these kids for awhile and I'll tell you that they have moved past all the PC bull**** us "PC enlightened" 35 year olds wrap ourselves around.

Plus, all of you who are making your comments on this have great hate and dissent for the state of Texas except for the athletes we pull out of there - having somewhat of a good idea where most of you grew up and then came to Boulder from, you have no idea what the environment is like in Texas wrt (with respect to) race relations.

These types of exchanges went on in 1989-1991 when I was in high school there, this also continued as I walked down the streets in Austin (liberally enlightened place of Texas) and Cedar Park in 2009-2011 as I saw black and white teammates wearing the same letter jackets arms around each other talking to each other using the language in question TO EACH OTHER as they walked in the opposite direction as me.

Is it right? No. But this is how the kids treat each other and I have seen it first hand. Did a fight immediately break out? No. Did a "GTFO you cracker!" and laughter afterward happen? Yep.

All I'm saying is, chill the **** out people. Live there, know where the kids are coming from before you condemn their actions as a 17/18 year old and want to destroy their lives by calling to pull their scholarship to the completely "enlightened PC Mecca" that is Boulder, Colorado that is THE place of racial equality and relations and LOVE (bull****) while you conveniently forget about what the true diversity numbers among the student population in Boulder REALLY are.

I know I will get crucified for this, but again, live and grow up in the place and then come talk to me.

Back