What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kudos to the Ducks

I think that most people were missing what I was getting at. I'm glad flood victims are getting assistance. That shouldn't even be debated.

I'm glad they are being helped too.

The problem with arguing on the internet is no one knows anything really about anyone else. I work in marketing at CU. I send t-shirts, pennants, posters, stuffed buffaloes, and tote bags (these are really popular with the bag fees) to schools on a daily basis. Oregon went above and beyond marketing by send a big chunk of these items to those in need.

We send these materials out to elementary schools to get the kids thinking about becoming a buff. It is marketing. If Oregon has one kid decide to go to Oregon over another college they have paid this "charitable act" off. That is why I don't think it is charity as much as I see it as a marketing gimmick that benefits everyone involved.

I defended Wal-mart in the other thread but I'll rip on them here. I worked there when they donated a huge amount to charity. It seemed like a great thing and lots of people were helped. It came out later that they spent more money publicizing what they did than the amount the gave. This situation is different and better than Wal-mart's situation but it still has a dirty feel to it.

I still think it is a good thing. I need to say that a bit clearer.

And please don't call me low minded. I have a different opinion based on my past and present than you do. It might not be the correct opinion and I like arguing about stuff like this because it works out my brain.

Last edited:
I have two kids - one is a for-sure Buff if she doesn't go to a smaller school for sports but the boy is starting to look to going to the sheep school, where his mom went. (Yes, if you marry a CSU grad, there's a good chance she'll cheat on you, you'll get divorced, she'll get fat, and you'll argue about the kids the rest of their childhood and probably afterwards too - just a warning to anyone dumb enough to consider it.)

Anyway, my point is, if you sent a bunch of CU stuff to me, it might knock some sense into him. You know, just send me whatever you got.

I have two kids - one is a for-sure Buff if she doesn't go to a smaller school for sports but the boy is starting to look to going to the sheep school, where his mom went. (Yes, if you marry a CSU grad, there's a good chance she'll cheat on you, you'll get divorced, she'll get fat, and you'll argue about the kids the rest of their childhood and probably afterwards too - just a warning to anyone dumb enough to consider it.)

Anyway, my point is, if you sent a bunch of CU stuff to me, it might knock some sense into him. You know, just send me whatever you got.

I kind of see that as a positive, because you no longer have to deal with her and can now feel superior since she is a fatty fat fatty as well as a CSU grad.

I understand both points in the thread. Nice gesture by Oregon fans. Questionable thought process. Sounds like any UO branded stuff came from Nike. You know, the same company that probably has a lot of CU branded stuff on their shelves too. Or just generic Nike stuff. Say the flood damage was exclusively limited to Fort Collins and CU sent a bunch of CU branded stuff up. That **** would not go over well.

On the other hand, I very seriously doubt the donations were made with anything but good intent. I don't think there is any marketing going on here, I just think no one thought about it.

I understand both points in the thread. Nice gesture by Oregon fans. Questionable thought process. Sounds like any UO branded stuff came from Nike. You know, the same company that probably has a lot of CU branded stuff on their shelves too. Or just generic Nike stuff. Say the flood damage was exclusively limited to Fort Collins and CU sent a bunch of CU branded stuff up. That **** would not go over well.

On the other hand, I very seriously doubt the donations were made with anything but good intent. I don't think there is any marketing going on here, I just think no one thought about it.

So you're saying they aren't as intelligent as we give them credit for...I can buy that...

thanx dux!!

Good point. Although I'm sure Nike U's marketing department is pretty savvy.

Kudos to the Ducks...can't believe some are flipping out on some possible recruiting advantage in Lyons which is a small 1A school. I don't recall any Lyons player going to a Division 1 school other than perhaps UNC.

Kudos to the Ducks...can't believe some are flipping out on some possible recruiting advantage in Lyons which is a small 1A school. I don't recall any Lyons player going to a Division 1 school other than perhaps UNC.

What? I don't think anyone suggested a recruiting advantage, certainly not athletics wise anyway.

Oregon Northern Coast Booster Donation to Lyons

Just heard they are flying out early to meet with the students from the schools in Lyons to donate a bunch of Nike stuff to the kids there. Good for them.

Here is an article that explains what the Oregon Northern Coast Boosters are doing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/10/during_trip_to_boulder_oregon.html

For perspective this isn't coming out of Eugene or Portland.

It is the efforts of a few good folks on the northern coast.

I hope anybody that doubt the motives of those folks will please take a moment and read the article.

The area they are from floods extensively when we get heavy winter and spring rains. I'm sure the Lyons tragedy felt very close to home with those folks.

Finally, good luck to the Buffs this weekend. Just not so much that you go out and beat our Ducks.

Char and I had a wonderful visit to Boulder and Folsom Field two years ago, it is an amazing and beautiful place.

The band marching through the field house and Ralphie running around the field is pretty cool.

Go Ducks!!!

Ken and Char Barley
Springfield, Oregon

I've seen the light. I'm on everyone else's side now. Those decal and lanyards are going to help the flood victims.

Last edited:
I for one am disappointed that the barley handle has nothing to do with beer. I find it lacks the integrity ducks fans seem to cherish.

Back