What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

L.A. Times hack job

He mispelled "gauntlet". Horrible article.

j/k. but no big deal, IMO. nothing new, nothing earth-shattering, no real new opinions, obviously we have sucked and Utah rocks lately, both programs have high expectations in the future.

The article wasn't written to be fair, but to malign. Fortunately, as they say, the game is played on the field and we have a lot to prove after the last 5 years.

I don't think it was all that bad, guys. Sure, he made a little much about the road losing streak, but that's why Embree's here, right? To change all that. And he did bring out that CU brings a lot more to the conference long-term than Utah does. The respect will come with more wins. And the last couple years notwithstanding, I think CU is recognized as a big-time program. Just my .02.

Did he really say anything that hasn't already been said here? I'd say we've said a lot worse, actually. It just hurts a little more when an outsider is saying it.

We have sucked for a while now. That's nothing new. The article did mention something that's very important - that the move to the Pac is going to help us a lot.I believe that.

glass is half full

sure the article takes some cheap shots but the fact is Colorado is not respected on the national scene. this is a Los Angeles paper that has no need to respect the Buffs.

i'm encouraged that they think Colorado has greater long-term potential, and to be clear they're going out on a limb in saying that since Utah has been a much better team over the last eight years. IMO the glass is half full and i'm excited to watch Embo prove them right.

I don't even think there are any cheap shots. I think whatever flowery verbiage he uses is to underscore the fact that the real prize in this expansion is CU, not UU. People still remember CU being awesome, even though it's 20 years past. Even so, he makes it a point to say that UU is the hot hand now, but has never been tested by week-to-week BCS competition, while CU has.

I don't expect Utah to fade away and become horrible, but more of an Okie State club - 7/8/9 wins a year with an ability to do more if they get the breaks. CU can become an 8/12-win team in the Pac-12 over the long run. Which I think is what he's trying to get at.

Folks just need to step off and realize we're going to suck until we don't anymore.

Can't argue with that article...and they are right about CU being a better team in 5 years. Just like the tide shifting towards the Big 12 South after one recruiting cycle. We are closest to the state of Texas when it comes to the P12 and we finally will play one game in SoCal every year in addition to Arizona. I don't think the P12 fans have any clue what is going to happen in the next five years.

Utah's results last year against real competition suggest they're in for a wakeup call. Annihilated by Notre Dame 28-3, only managed a 27-24 OT win over a 4-8 Pittsburgh team in SLC, lost 47-7 to TCU, lost 26-3 to Boise. Sorry, but beating up on the 8 "San Jose States" on your schedule doesn't really prove anything to me. That said, somebody has to win the South...but even with all their injuries I think ASU has a better shot than Utah

I think he should have his skin peeled off and be hung by the ankles and dipped in alcahol. How dare him say CU has more tradition than Utah!! Hell, I thought the article was fair and reasonable.

This article was actually pretty generous in its treatment of our football team. We suck. Terribly.

Just to add my .02, I think he actually went out of his way to say some nice things about the program and about the potential future of the program.

The only thing that I thought was out of line was the comment about the roster being a facsimile of WSU's.... I just don't think that's true. I think CU has a lot more talent than WSU.

Funny to see a ****tah fan post an article trying to rile up outrage. And no one took the bait.

Back