What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lance mentioned CU in his speach today?

GoBuffs!!

Club Member
Club Member
Did anyone see Lance's speach today in Denver?

I swear Lance mentioned CU along with the other players in the Quiznos Pro Challenge. My wife and I were really thrown off by it when he acknologed CU, but then again he could have been talking about something else, and mumbled his words or something. But, how cool would it be to have one of the stages finish on campus?

Colorado sets up perfectly to become America's premier event. We've got perfectly diverse terrain and a great cycling culture. This is going to be great for the state economy and could grow into something truly special. Love the vision.

Now, we just need the NCAA to add team cycling as a sanctioned sport. CU would kick ass.

Colorado sets up perfectly to become America's premier event. We've got perfectly diverse terrain and a great cycling culture. This is going to be great for the state economy and could grow into something truly special. Love the vision.

Now, we just need the NCAA to add team cycling as a sanctioned sport. CU would kick ass.

agree. i've known members of DU, CC, and Metro's cycling teams in the past. seems there's already a structure of organized competition in place in the area. would be awesome, NCAA cycling. could be an easy Title IX fit, too. maybe partial schollies on the men's side like they do in baseball and full rides on the women's side?

Last edited:
agree. i've known members of DU, CC, and Metro's cycling teams in the past. seems there's already a structure of organized competition in place in the area. would be awesome, NCAA cycling. could be an easy Title IX fit, too. maybe partial schollies on the men's side like they do in baseball and full rides on the women's side?

Cycling would be a awesome NCAA sport, but it will never happen sadly. NCAA has a hard time with athletes being paid. When I raced as a junior, a large number of races had cash purses, granted they were rather small amounts of money, they were still money. And when I became better as a junior I was racing in mostly categorized (Men's) events which many times have rather large amounts of money associated (I once won ~$1200 in a race, and didn’t even finish the race). Any bike racer that would be worthwhile to recruit would have been racing events like this, and making a decent amount of money well before they went into college. The NCAA would not like this one bit at all.

Completely different "sport".

Lance is an asshole. When I worked at Austin Country Club in high school, I was valeting cars for a wedding. Lance shows up with his old wife when she was 8 months pregnant (the same wife he dumped right after she was diagnosed with, of all things, cancer). We leave his mercedes right out front so his wife won't have to wait. Wedding is over, we help Lance and his wife back into the car, and he proceeds to flip through his wallet - $20, 20, 20, 20, $50, 50, 50, $100, 100/ 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100. about $1500 dollars later he says, "sorry guys, I don't have any cash, and drives off."

Huge dick, but at the same time, huge badass. I can't say i really blame him.

Lance is an asshole. When I worked at Austin Country Club in high school, I was valeting cars for a wedding. Lance shows up with his old wife when she was 8 months pregnant (the same wife he dumped right after she was diagnosed with, of all things, cancer). We leave his mercedes right out front so his wife won't have to wait. Wedding is over, we help Lance and his wife back into the car, and he proceeds to flip through his wallet - $20, 20, 20, 20, $50, 50, 50, $100, 100/ 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100. about $1500 dollars later he says, "sorry guys, I don't have any cash, and drives off."

Huge dick, but at the same time, huge badass. I can't say i really blame him.

Dont get me wrong, he is a HUGE asshole, but any cyclist at the top are the same way if not worse. I just dont think he is a cheater.

His wife was not diagnosed with cancer, it was Cheryl Crow who got diagnosed then dumped her. But keeping witht he topic, Lance was dating this girl when he was diagnosed with cancer, she stayed by him through all the treatments and his recovery. Then as a survivor he starts a organization, and meets Kristen, and dumps the girl who stayed by him through all the bad stuff, class act. Then he breaks up with kristen to become a rock star, dates Cheryl Crow, she gets breast cancer, and he dumps her. Now he is with some girl he had pretty much a one night stand with and she ended up pregnant...

But think about how lucky she is, meets lance, lance decides to go home with her, score. She probably thought, why would I need to wear protection, he only has one ball that is a gimp. She gets knocked up, from someone who has ridiclous genes, and a ton of money. I would say she is by far the winner

Another memeber of Lance's cycling team had a phone interview yesterday or today (sometime recently) and is reporting that Lance knew of doping on the USPS team and encouraged it. He doesn't specifically mention that Lance was doping, however. He is reporting this anonomously because the feds are talking to him and asking him to not speak to reporters. If this isn't that d-bag Landis, there might be some more credibility to it.

I personally don't know if Lance was cheating - I would like to think he didn't but it's looking like there is a possibility that he did. A lot should come out over the next several months with the Federal review...

I think another thing that people dont realize is doping is not a black or white thing, there are many levels of gray

Back