What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lane Kiffin -- the heir apparent to Nick Saban at Alabama?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Kiffin actually has a 28-15 record as a college coach. In his one season at Tennessee, he went 7-6 (one of its better seasons in recent years).

At USC, he had it rolling in 2011 until falling off as the scholarship limit impact hit the program.

We all know he can recruit at the highest level.

Pretty much every acknowledges that he's a heck of an offensive coordinator.

And we all know he likes the spotlight and the "big tent".

They're loving him at Alabama right now.

Saban turn 63 years old next month. If he won a 5th national championship, will he look for a new challenge? Maybe a return to the NFL to try to get the only blemish off his record?

If that happened, would Lane be the next Alabama coach?

Can tell you there is about 0% chance of this happening.

It would be so damn entertaining, though. I can't think of too many things that would be better. This would trump even Harbaugh returning to Michigan on the "interesting meter". It needs to happen.

Kiffin actually has a 28-15 record as a college coach. In his one season at Tennessee, he went 7-6 (one of its better seasons in recent years).

At USC, he had it rolling in 2011 until falling off as the scholarship limit impact hit the program.

We all know he can recruit at the highest level.

Pretty much every acknowledges that he's a heck of an offensive coordinator.

And we all know he likes the spotlight and the "big tent".

They're loving him at Alabama right now.

Saban turn 63 years old next month. If he won a 5th national championship, will he look for a new challenge? Maybe a return to the NFL to try to get the only blemish off his record?

If that happened, would Lane be the next Alabama coach?

Not as long as Kirby Smart is still there.

Sparkles is starting to build a decent resume up in the Fort. Winning on the road at Boston College is no simple task. Just ask Southern Cal.

If Saban were to move on I think they'd go outside the program to make a hire. But it'd take a colossal **** up like Kiffin to derail that program much.

Hiring Kiffin would be sort of like when the Buffs hired Skippy - with the same results.

Reactions: aik
Sparkles is starting to build a decent resume up in the Fort. Winning on the road at Boston College is no simple task. Just ask Southern Cal.

I hate to admit it, but Sparkles has won his last three games he played against P5 competition. Sure that includes Wazzou and Colorado, which may be stretching the P5 term a bit...but it also includes a road win against a BC team that beat USC and a very respectable showing at Bama last year. I'm not going anoint him as in the running for the Bama job by any means, but I expect his name is going to be pretty prominent amongst the mid-major guys who are looked at to fill P5 vacancies starting this year, particularly if they finish strong in the MWC. Good thing CSU has that huge buyout which I'm sure has absolutely no loopholes...:rolling_eyes:

Back