What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Scott Article

GoldenBuff

Club Member
Club Member
This is kind of long but well worth the time to read. There's some particularly interesting stuff about the TV network in there.

Scott jokes that the Pac-12 network build-out should be called the “Pac-12 stimulus program,” as the conference plans to increase head count by 150 and build a 70,000-square-foot headquarters and broadcast studio in San Francisco. Once it goes live next year, the network should immediately have a valuation, according to Scott, of about $1 billion.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/head-of-the-pac-12152011.html

I read about this early today http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12 If Div I CFB turns out like he thinks it will, The networks will all be in fist a cuffs with each other to land the TV rights. Then I hope Texass stays as a independent.

Last edited:
Yep. 72 team mega conference. Wow.

But it makes total sense. In fact were in this BCS bowl mess today because each conference negotiated on its own and gave the bowls a lot of power

62 teams in the "Big 5" right now. + Notre Dame = 63

Wonder what he envisions the final pairing down would be like.

The Big East has 10, MWC has some solid programs, and you also have BYU, Navy, and Army as Indy so you can't take all of them.

The man is a genius and seems 2-3 steps ahead of everyone else. He is such a huge upgrade from our old commissioner and I know the Pac-12 is in very good hands with him. I know he will not be along forever because he seems to enjoy new challenges so I will enjoy him now while he leads the Pac-12 to places no other conference has been.

The man is a genius and seems 2-3 steps ahead of everyone else. He is such a huge upgrade from our old commissioner and I know the Pac-12 is in very good hands with him. I know he will not be along forever because he seems to enjoy new challenges so I will enjoy him now while he leads the Pac-12 to places no other conference has been.

Sounds like he is putting himself in position to be the President of whatever this "super-conference" or NCAA-type entity will be.

Back