What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Scott not happy with Bruce Benson

I'm starting to get confused on whether we're talking about college athletic conference realignment or 20th Century European politics and economic game theory...

I'm still trying to get a feel for how to engage in Cal-CU smack-talk, or friendly dialog among rivals, or whatever the hell this is. Give some time for these relationships with rival posters to develop. It'll be old hat soon enough.

These Cal fans come on to AllBuffs and are entirely different breed than what CU was subjected to in the old neighborhood. They are all opinionated and brainy and use facts and ****.

I'm finding this P16 dialog with Cal84 more engaging than anything happening on the CSU front. We play CSU this week, right?

I'm still trying to get a feel for how to engage in Cal-CU smack-talk, or friendly dialog among rivals, or whatever the hell this is. Give some time for these relationships with rival posters to develop. It'll be old hat soon enough.

These Cal fans come on to AllBuffs and are entirely different breed than what CU was subjected to in the old neighborhood. They are all opinionated and brainy and use facts and ****.

I'm finding this P16 dialog with Cal84 more engaging than anything happening on the CSU front. We play CSU this week, right?
Frankly, I'm looking forward to the day all these left coast liberals find the polotics board. That... will be interesting to watch :lol:

Oh, I'm not complaining, the fact that so much of that stuff seems applicable is what makes realignment talk so addictive to me, particularly the intelligent discussion like the comments section of the Frank the Tank blog...plus its kind of nice talking with fans from other schools and not getting the typical "herp derp CU suckz and will never win again evar!" claims.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to the day all these left coast liberals find the polotics board. That... will be interesting to watch :lol:

Snow's just hoping that someone will show up from the left with a logically coherent argument backed by real world proof. Then he can say, "See! This is what I've been trying to tell you idots!". :lol:

/political talk in football forum

Snow's just hoping that someone will show up from the left with a logically coherent argument backed by real world proof. Then he can say, "See! This is what I've been trying to tell you idots!". :lol:

/political talk in football forum
mmmm. Logically coherent and backed by real world proof. That has yet to make an appearance in the polotics forum. Should be fun.

Agree, this thread has displayed some of the most well thought out, respectful debating from a conference rival I've seen on AB. I'm rather enjoying this new neighborhood - another reason why there cain't be no Texas!!!

I don't know if this has been disccussed or where to address (not that the "where" part has ever been an issue for me):

When nebraska left, Texas fans accused them of running. They called them "cowards" who left because they couldn't man up and compete.

When Colorado left, they actually got it, because they understood the appeal of the Pac and they don't have too many hard feelings toward us since we haven't been a thread since 2001.

When aTm left, the prevailing attitude was "**** them chicken**** mother****ers. So Aggy. Can't compete. Starry-eyed hicks. Little brother's gonna get his ass whopped etc..."

But with Oklahoma leaving, they have to stop and wonder, no? UT fans discuss the value of the RRS to college football. But Bob Stoops entirely dismissed it. UT fans have called some teams that left "cowards" but Oklahama has had their way with UT on the field for several years now.

Oklahoma's presumed decision to leave the conference should force Longhorn fans to examine their role as conference partners. It won't, but it should.

Meanwhile, I'm somewhat enjoying their emerging characterization as "villians" in the national press.

I believe the term 'conference-killers' was once solely used on internet forums for former or current Big 12 teams. Now I see it being used all over. It's kinda fun.

Back