What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Scott: P12 has 1 billion in facility improvements underway right now

Yeah, I've never heard this before. You will learn what, if any, the facilities plans are at the same time that the rest of us do.

So you're saying I'm bullshitting this? Umm ok but I'm not and that is what I was told by a employee the other week. I don't know the details and what all it entails but I did get the price range out of him.

So you're saying I'm bullshitting this? Umm ok but I'm not and that is what I was told by a employee the other week. I don't know the details and what all it entails but I did get the price range out of him.

I would rep you if you get a reliable mole from inside the Chancellor's and President's offices.

Any scoop originating from within the AD is, by nature, of suspect value and is subject to veto or material modification by those higher up in the food chain.

I would rep you if you get a reliable mole from inside the Chancellor's and President's offices.

Any scoop originating from within the AD is, by nature, of suspect value and is subject to veto or material modification by those higher up in the food chain.
Completely understandable. I really have no doubts that this will get done and it will be the $225M-$250M option, just when. I was told that they are about to go public with the smaller donors fundraising. Maybe that's what the event a few weeks ago was trying to accomplish? Dunno but time will tell I guess.

The "when" portion is what matters. No one cares about your guarantee if we break ground five years from now.

Completely understandable. I really have no doubts that this will get done and it will be the $225M-$250M option, just when. I was told that they are about to go public with the smaller donors fundraising. Maybe that's what the event a few weeks ago was trying to accomplish? Dunno but time will tell I guess.

The "just when" is the most disheartening part of the equation. The answer might involve the timing of a retirement announcement by various administrators who are running out of gas.

The "just when" is the most disheartening part of the equation. The answer might involve the timing of a retirement announcement by various administrators who are running out of gas.
Agreed. It's weird, I've heard both Benson and DiStefeno want top level athletics, but the results don't show it. Is it just them having no ****ing idea how to do it without pissing off the people of Boulder (not sure why they worry so much about them)?

Well...I have been told that it will be the $225-$250M option and everything will be lined up prior to the announcement with construction being soon after by an AD employee. None of the steps are being bypassed but most are going to be done under the radar. If they were going with the cheaper option we likely would have had an announcement IMO.

OMFGasm is a CSU AD employee. Just sayin.

Agreed. It's weird, I've heard both Benson and DiStefeno want top level athletics, but the results don't show it. Is it just them having no ****ing idea how to do it without pissing off the people of Boulder (not sure why they worry so much about them)?

I want my own ski area, a private lithium hot springs, and a fourteener named after me.

"Wanting" and "getting results" are two very different things.

They may want top level athletics, but they haven't made a priority of it.

Judging from behavior, Benson's priority is the Med Center development and long term higher ed funding.

DiStephano's priority appears to be keeping the boss happy through management of the Boulder Campus. Minimize scandals & red ink while keeping CU an accredited research facility are important.

Having a ranked football program and going to a bowl game is not one of their sacred cows. Seems to me that the message from university leadership is, "Competitive athletics is nice to have but its not a "have to have".

Back