What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry, we need to talk

Wait, I thought it was all Bohn's doing that got us into the Pac-12???

Do you seriously not think that MB had a lot to do with our entry into the Pac 12 conference?

I seriously do not understand all the Bohn hate on this site. Yes ... to say the least the football program has been a huge disappointment ... but I challenge anyone here to come up with a post wherein they said at the time that his hiring of He Who Shall No Be Named wasn't the "home run" that it was generally considered as. And the 5th year granted to the afore not-mentioned was out of his power ... that was all Benson and DiStefano.

And can anyone dispute what MB has done for both b-ball programs in the past three years, starting with the hiring of Tad and Linda?

I did. Comcast was so incredibly awful in comparison to DTV that I switched back less than five months later. A word of advice to those who are threatening to switch - the difference between Comcast and DTV is incredible. Comcast is by far the most incompetent company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Total morons.

Agree completely about Comcast, but Dish is pretty damn good, and slightly cheaper than DTV. Unless you really want the Sunday Ticket, I can't see any reason to prefer DTV over Dish.

my comcast experience has also been horrible so my threat to change from directv to them is not taken lightly. comcast provides my broadband at my house. it is an old house so access is not great and all that. but, the ****ing installer first refused to put a hole in the corner of the floor to run a cable to a room i wanted a connection in, saying he wasn't authorized to drill holes. then, after i screamed about that and he did it, he refused to run a line to another room and told me i had to use a wireless router. now i intended to have a wireless net anyway, but i wanted ****ing hardlines to 2 rooms because it is more reliable and faster. then, after that, the service worked only intermittently for the first 30 days. they said they were "sending someone out" every time i called but it never got better. so, i cancelled. the next day, i got home from work and there were 3 comcast trucks including one of those trucks with a lift. they were fixing a bad line way up on a utility pole. uh, they could've done that on one of the first 10 visits. but, now, they wait until i cancel to fix it? it takes that level of aggro to get anything done with them.

horrible. horrible.

but, i need the p12 network.

agree no complaints about dish

Agree completely about Comcast, but Dish is pretty damn good, and slightly cheaper than DTV. Unless you really want the Sunday Ticket, I can't see any reason to prefer DTV over Dish.

I had considered dish, but after the awful experience with Comcast, I decided it would be best to go back go what we knew.

Surprisingly, I'm not missing the P12 network. I go to most of the home games anyway. Of all the stuff I would have liked to have seen on the Pac 12 network, I was most looking forward to some skiing coverage. There was none. There are WINTER Olympics, too, Larry.

The bottom line is that LS and the conference needs to do whatever it takes to get the P12N on DTV because DTV has the ultimate trump card in Sunday Ticket and the bars aren't giving that up. And as others on here have noted, alot of customers don't want to go thru the cost and/or hassle of switching to cable or Dish. They absolutely need to get this done by the start of football season.

:yeahthat:
I hate Comcast with the passion of 1,000 suns - basically similar experiences to sacky; in 12 months of service (the only option in the apt building, hence 12 months), they didn't get a single bill correct. Not once. I would have thought they would accidentally get it right once, but no.

I like DTV, a lot, but switched to Dish to get the P12 network - and, surprising even me, I like it better than DTV. The interface naturally is different, but after less than a week - it made sense. Channel changes are slightly faster than DTV, which is a huge plus on satellite. Lastly, the integrated sling box option is a must - best invention ever. I can watch anything on my DVR or that's on live tv, from any device, anywhere in the world (well, assuming an internet connection). So if I'm travelling and want to watch the latest Top Gear episode that's sitting on my DVR - I can pull it up on my laptop. If I want to pull up a live game on my phone, I can do that too. Great service.

Until the Buffs stop sucking **** through a straw I'm not missing anything by not having the PAC-12 network. Radio can describe the debacle pretty accurately.

Until the Buffs stop sucking **** through a straw I'm not missing anything by not having the PAC-12 network. Radio can describe the debacle pretty accurately.

You really don't get the full effect of the carnage though.

True, but enough of the other games are televised on other networks for me to see that. It's probably better for my sobriety to minimize the triggers anyway.

Do you seriously not think that MB had a lot to do with our entry into the Pac 12 conference?

I seriously do not understand all the Bohn hate on this site. Yes ... to say the least the football program has been a huge disappointment ... but I challenge anyone here to come up with a post wherein they said at the time that his hiring of He Who Shall No Be Named wasn't the "home run" that it was generally considered as. And the 5th year granted to the afore not-mentioned was out of his power ... that was all Benson and DiStefano.

And can anyone dispute what MB has done for both b-ball programs in the past three years, starting with the hiring of Tad and Linda?
I do not blame Bohn for the boner that was The Hawk. Not his fault. I think the thing that us average guys dislike about Mike is that he comes across as that smarmy douche we hated in high school. :smile2:

Yeah I'll never leave DTV so Larry needs to get his act together.

Not sure what to say about the officiating. Remember our pool of candidates are lower than the EAST/MidWest/South due to less population. The better officials seem to be on the East Coast where its an easier travel schedule.

Having had both, I find DISH to be superior in every way than Directv for my home. I don't care a hoot about Sunday Ticket. How many NFL games can one person watch?

disclosure: I make $.03 everytime DISH ships a Hopper DVR. I hope Larry never caves in to the pressure.

Back