What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Zimmer Hospitalized

Hope Zim can get back soon but great that Chad Brown gets to do color for the game
b63c31833a709b54057feab03ba03cdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Rick George's AD update this morning. Continued thoughts and prayers for Zim.

[FONT=&quot]LarryZimmer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I want to close by asking for your thoughts and prayers for our longtime “Voiceof the Buffs,” Larry Zimmer. Larry became ill the night after the Oregon Stategame (Oct. 4) and has been hospitalized ever since; he developed pneumonia soonafterward and is fighting several issues. It looks like he won’t be able toreturn this season, but we’re all hopeful he can return for his 42nd season in2015: he’s called 483 football and over 1,000 basketball games for us in hisaward-winning career. [/FONT]

Prayers Zimm. Not looking so good, he is in for a fight it would appear. Keep fighting.

Boy, my read a couple of weeks ago was that he was up and about and doing better. Now it sounds like he isn't. Prayers Zim. Get better my man.

Chad Brown was just on the radio and gave a quick update on Zim and said he's recovered from the pneumonia but is still having trouble with his breathing and is still in the hospital.

Karma to you Zim!

Similar to what is going on with my lady. She still takes breathing treatments everyday. It's gonna take Zim time, especially at his age. God Bless him, hope he gets better.

Chad Brown was just on the radio and gave a quick update on Zim and said he's recovered from the pneumonia but is still having trouble with his breathing and is still in the hospital.

Karma to you Zim!
To expound, CB said that Zim had double pneumonia and a collapsed lung, and that he fell in the press box (after Oregon St.) and later at home. Karma Zim.

I didn't hear about the press box incident. I thought it was just at home. That's not good, prayers to him.

To expound, CB said that Zim had double pneumonia and a collapsed lung, and that he fell in the press box (after Oregon St.) and later at home. Karma Zim.

the falling is a bad precursor for elderly folks. when it happens, it is often really tough for them to bounce back and live independently. i know this from family experience.

good karma, zim. feel better.

the falling is a bad precursor for elderly folks. when it happens, it is often really tough for them to bounce back and live independently. i know this from family experience.

good karma, zim. feel better.
Dammit! I've fallen down 4 times in the last 3 months! :sad1:

Drunk doesn't count!
Drunk on Metamucil. On two separate occasions, I stepped into the same damned hole while walking the dogs. ****ing hole. Both times were in the dark. Then I tripped over a rock walking the dogs and, finally, I tripped trying to pull the damned air hose to fill my tires! And I used to be somewhat coordinated and athletic!! Luckily, I'm not frail. Yet. :sad1: Sounds like Zim probably fainted more than tripped. Now that is scary. Hopefully it was from the pneumonia and that now they are getting that under control.

Drunk on Metamucil. On two separate occasions, I stepped into the same damned hole while walking the dogs. ****ing hole. Both times were in the dark. Then I tripped over a rock walking the dogs and, finally, I tripped trying to pull the damned air hose to fill my tires! And I used to be somewhat coordinated and athletic!! Luckily, I'm not frail. Yet. :sad1: Sounds like Zim probably fainted more than tripped. Now that is scary. Hopefully it was from the pneumonia and that now they are getting that under control.
****ing Jake !

Hopefully the fiber wasn't kicking in at the same time that you fell, causing you to load your pants.

RyanK was good enough to post this update on Rivals and I thought everyone would like to know how Zim is doing so I'm posting it here.

Personally, I didn't realize how severe the illness was. I'm so glad to hear that Zim is progressing.

From Plati:

"He was moved about 10 days ago from St. Anthony's to Select Hospital in Porter (for longer term care and rehab) ... it's on South Downing in Denver. The move was a bit rough, but Brigitte said he was soon doing better. He is breathing much better, has been off the ventilator and has started making his comeback.

A statement from the Brigitte:

"A PROCEDURE ON LARRY'S VOCAL CORDS WAS PERFORMED TODAY AND AS A RESULT HE CAN NOW SPEAK AGAIN. AT THIS TIME IT'S VERY BASIC, BUT WITH THERAPY AND IN TIME THE MEDICAL TEAM FEELS LARRY WILL HAVE FULL USE OF HIS VOICE. THE ZIMMER FAMILY WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS DURING LARRY'S RECOVERY." - The Zimmer family"

Heart of a Buffalo. Best wishes to you and your family Larry as you continue to recover.

I think it would be a nice touch if they voted Zim for the Buffalo Heart Award.
There is merit to this, but I struggle with the idea of a deserving player not getting it this year when it goes to Zim. Maybe a dual award or something - but you have a great idea.

There is merit to this, but I struggle with the idea of a deserving player not getting it this year when it goes to Zim. Maybe a dual award or something - but you have a great idea.

Agree. I want to see Zim honored. I also want to see Greg Henderson getting that award next week.

Definitely need to recognize Zim. That particular award belongs to the players though.

Agree. I want to see Zim honored. I also want to see Greg Henderson getting that award next week.

He is already in the Colorado Sports Hall of Fame, Forever Buff Award winner, the Chris Schenkel (distinguished sportscaster award), and numerous sportscaster of the year awards. What would you add to that?

Back