What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lawson Out for rest of the Year - MCL

I'll admit that my basketball knowledge is lacking. Does Tad consider consider bringing da Silva off the bench and starting Nique at the 3? That plan requires Eli to return to the starting line up or starting KJ with Kee. Basically da Silva enters the game once Walker or Battey get their first foul. We are really going to be in trouble if all three bigs get in foul trouble.

Not sure that Tall Young Centers should not just work at least 12-18 months on pure strength training before trying to go out and play against top flight P5 Basketball Players. I like Lawson a ton and want to see him come back older, stronger, and better than ever. Get well young Buff

Not sure that Tall Young Centers should not just work at least 12-18 months on pure strength training before trying to go out and play against top flight P5 Basketball Players. I like Lawson a ton and want to see him come back older, stronger, and better than ever. Get well young Buff

Yeah this sucks, but Lawson has some physical growth coming and needs time to adjust.

I'll admit that my basketball knowledge is lacking. Does Tad consider consider bringing da Silva off the bench and starting Nique at the 3? That plan requires Eli to return to the starting line up or starting KJ with Kee. Basically da Silva enters the game once Walker or Battey get their first foul. We are really going to be in trouble if all three bigs get in foul trouble.
No. DaSilva is a starter at this point pure and simple. He has some holes in his game, but we are far better with him on the floor the majority of the game.

With the reactions above; I'm shocked that he got so much s*** in the game threads. We are pissed he's hurt because he helped this team. End of story.
I'm upset he's hurt because he's human and getting injured sucks.

For basketball reasons, I am upset he's hurt because he wasn't ready this year and now he's going to spend his time rehabbing instead of practicing. That's going to make it harder to be ready next year. Sure he helped the team more than the walkon that is going to get a lot more playing time without LL.

I'm upset he's hurt because he's human and getting injured sucks.

For basketball reasons, I am upset he's hurt because he wasn't ready this year and now he's going to spend his time rehabbing instead of practicing. That's going to make it harder to be ready next year. Sure he helped the team more than the walkon that is going to get a lot more playing time without LL.
I am in this camp that based on his strength, foot speed and other factors showed he was not quite ready and not necessarily ready to use playing time to develop. With what happened to Dallas Walton, this makes me sad and concerned.

No. DaSilva is a starter at this point pure and simple. He has some holes in his game, but we are far better with him on the floor the majority of the game.
I'm not saying that da Silva doesn't deserve to be a starter. I'm just saying that Jabari, Battey, and da Silva all have issues with fouls. We can't get into a situation where all three have two fouls in the first half. There's is nothing keeping him from playing the same number of minutes off the bench. We can't play Loughlin for 3:47 at the end of a half.

I'm not saying that da Silva doesn't deserve to be a starter. I'm just saying that Jabari, Battey, and da Silva all have issues with fouls. We can't get into a situation where all three have two fouls in the first half. There's is nothing keeping him from playing the same number of minutes off the bench. We can't play Loughlin for 3:47 at the end of a half.
We shouldn’t keep our best players off the court “just in case” they might get into fouls trouble. It if happens, deal with it the best you can. Laughlin and O’Brien will likely both have their respective minutes increased. We’ll just have to see how it goes.

This may be corny.

Maybe Allbuffs should have a means of expressing the members (good) feelings. When a Buff suffers a major injury, run a poll to see how any are concerned and supportive, and then send LL (and others) a nice letter telling him that "523 fans at Allbuffs wish you well...". A vote in the poll would be equivalent to an electronic signature.

Realizing this may be corny. And Buffnik or someone would have extra work

add: I'm old and just don't think electronic expressions of support are real meaningful. ("you got 523 'likes'). I think an actual printed, mailed letter would have a different impact.

Last edited:
I am in this camp that based on his strength, foot speed and other factors showed he was not quite ready and not necessarily ready to use playing time to develop. With what happened to Dallas Walton, this makes me sad and concerned.
An MCL injury is very different from the ACL issues that Walton had. MCL strains rarely require surgery and recovery time is typically on the order of 6-8 weeks.

An MCL injury is very different from the ACL issues that Walton had. MCL strains rarely require surgery and recovery time is typically on the order of 6-8 weeks.
Yeah. My understanding of MCL is severe sprain.

Back