What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt Blitzing D v. 5 frosh ol.

I was critical of Lindgren's play calling in past years, but through 3 games this season, I have zero problems with it. In fact, I think it's been very good for the most part.
He's made mistakes here and there. Definitely needs to change things up on the hurry up (wayyyy to often we just run the ball straight up the gut after a decent gain for a first down), for instance. But that's normal.

But when he has the basics, he gets results.

He's made mistakes here and there. Definitely needs to change things up on the hurry up (wayyyy to often we just run the ball straight up the gut after a decent gain for a first down), for instance. But that's normal.

But when he has the basics, he gets results.
Yep. Normal for play callers to "catch their breath" and call something simple after a bigger gain, almost as if they don't expect to execute two of those bigger plays in a row. I also am not a fan of Sefo's high usage on designed QB runs, which were definitely more prominent against CSU than Michigan, but I think those should be short yardage and goal line type calls only, not on 2nd and 8.

Yep. Normal for play callers to "catch their breath" and call something simple after a bigger gain, almost as if they don't expect to execute two of those bigger plays in a row. I also am not a fan of Sefo's high usage on designed QB runs, which were definitely more prominent against CSU than Michigan, but I think those should be short yardage and goal line type calls only, not on 2nd and 8.

With a speed offense, wouldn't that often be done by signaling "base run play" with a vet QB like Sefo making the decision on inside/outside and on left/right out of the two base run play options... with the call determined on the alignment he sees?

With a speed offense, wouldn't that often be done by signaling "base run play" with a vet QB like Sefo making the decision on inside/outside and on left/right out of the two base run play options... with the call determined on the alignment he sees?
you've reached the limit of my knowledge. NCAA Football not having a new video game for a few years is really starting to rear it's ugly head.

P.S. I am starting to get annoyed with the way a number of CU fans evaluate the coaches. Things going well: credit to Leavitt and Chiaverini (and RG). Things don't go well: MacIntyre's fault. Offense humming: Chev really did a great job with the O. Offense struggling: Lindgren's play calling sucks. Defense humming: Leavitt is awesome, should probably be the HC. Defense struggling: MacIntyre's recruiting put Leavitt in an impossible spot.

I way past annoyed. It is really absurd. Thank you for posting this more clearly than I would have.

There is a corollary that has developed, too: coaches that tweet: great; coaches that don't: can't coach

P.S. I am starting to get annoyed with the way a number of CU fans evaluate the coaches. Things going well: credit to Leavitt and Chiaverini (and RG). Things don't go well: MacIntyre's fault. Offense humming: Chev really did a great job with the O. Offense struggling: Lindgren's play calling sucks. Defense humming: Leavitt is awesome, should probably be the HC. Defense struggling: MacIntyre's recruiting put Leavitt in an impossible spot.

I whole heartedly agree. Give Mac credit where credit is due, he's shaken things up on the staff to improve the program and its (slowly) working. Given the way Baer and some of the other guys were shown the door Lindgren would be gone and completely replaced if MM didnt believe in him.

I'm sure they have something to that effect installed in the offense. Our high school offense gives control to the QB to make an "opposite" call at the line based on how the defensive front is set, so I imagine Sefo would have that kind of control as well.

Heh. Cannot argue there.

Wow! Nice! Never thought I'd see BL defended on any blog.

Where is Mighty(stoopid)Buff to offer his irrational blind hatred rebuttal?

Wow! Nice! Never thought I'd see BL defended on any blog.

Where is Mighty(stoopid)Buff to offer his irrational blind hatred rebuttal?

Un-iformed childishness from you as usual.

But here ya go.

Lindgren has limitations. Like the HC, he has excuses up the ying yang.

He has never taken responsibility for any of the failures.

Just how it is. If you can find where he did, then let me know.

Totally predictable. Was and is.

Does Jeffcoat deserve a little credit as well? Kafovalu and Tupou have been arguably our two best players on the team and they looked great against Michigan to prove it wasn't just beating up on G5 OLs. Would like a little more out of Carrell, but he's also looked pretty decent.

And we land Rogers as long as we go bowling or you can ban me and Luke right on the spot.

Does Jeffcoat deserve a little credit as well? Kafovalu and Tupou have been arguably our two best players on the team and they looked great against Michigan to prove it wasn't just beating up on G5 OLs. Would like a little more out of Carrell, but he's also looked pretty decent.

And we land Rogers as long as we go bowling or you can ban me and Luke right on the spot.
If he actually recruited Samson or Tupou I would give him a ton of credit.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I feel like most of the criticism toward JJ has been about his recruiting, not necessarily his coaching.

Yeah and he did a good job but I have a bad feeling the defensive line production takes a huge hit next season and there will be plenty of blame going around from the board towards Jeffcoat.

Probably. Need Rogers and/or some JUCO's.

Technically, it looks like UO is only starting 4 Freshman on the line. Other good news is that their starting safeties have a combined 2 starts under their belt. Both came against Neb last week.:sneaky:

Oregon Depth Chart

Technically, it looks like UO is only starting 4 Freshman on the line. Other good news is that their starting safeties have a combined 2 starts under their belt. Both came against Neb last week.:sneaky:

Oregon Depth Chart

If our defense keeps the ducks around 21pts, we win this game. With their youth on O-Line, I think they can do it.

Hard to say without McCartney in there, but my biased opinion is that this will be the best defense UO has faced so far. And I'd also suspect that they have no idea what's in store for them.

Hard to say without McCartney in there, but my biased opinion is that this will be the best defense UO has faced so far. And I'd also suspect that they have no idea what's in store for them.
What we were really missing was speed on the outside when D-Mac went out. Falo can give us that. He will probably be a bit rusty and they will UO will test him for sure, but I think he can handle it.

What we were really missing was speed on the outside when D-Mac went out. Falo can give us that. He will probably be a bit rusty and they will UO will test him for sure, but I think he can handle it.
He was listed 3rd behind Shaver & Hasselbach and the latest depth chart. Hope he can close the gap over the next few days.

Oregon Depth Chart
This bodes well for us. Looking like it's gonna be a shootout with arguably the 2 fastest offenses in the PAC12.

I'm excited to see falo out there. Also hcmm sounded like we will be seeing more of gillam this week. Hope the light comes on for him

Back