What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leavitt Blitzing D v. 5 frosh ol.

Oregon has the blueprint from Michigan - attack the edges and get the TE involved. Avoid the middle run and deep pass.Hope Leavitt can scheme around our weaknesses there. Time to step it up. Offense needs to put at least 35 on the board I think to win. A pick 6 or so (man we've been soooo close the last 3 games on a lot of picks) would also help :)

Oregon has the blueprint from Michigan - attack the edges and get the TE involved. Avoid the middle run and deep pass.Hope Leavitt can scheme around our weaknesses there. Time to step it up. Offense needs to put at least 35 on the board I think to win. A pick 6 or so (man we've been soooo close the last 3 games on a lot of picks) would also help :)

Luckily for us UO doesn't have an all american TE to help them out.

Oregon doesn't have the personnel or the philosophy to pull off what Michigan did. It's easy to attack the edges of a 3-4 defense when you have a great line and pro style offense. A lot harder when you are a spread offense starting a bunch of freshman.

Oregon doesn't have the personnel or the philosophy to pull off what Michigan did. It's easy to attack the edges of a 3-4 defense when you have a great line and pro style offense. A lot harder when you are a spread offense starting a bunch of freshman.
I'd expect a lot of bubble screens, jet sweeps, read option type stuff. admittedly i have only watched a few minutes of oregon's offense this year.

Oregon and Michigan run two completely different offenses, so I wouldn't necessarily say that Michigan gave them a blue print. I would imagine Oregon will attack the edge with tons of read option plays. Doubt we see them pass much. Our D got worn down as the game went on last year, so really need our offense to put up some points.

According to coach:

NJ has looked good so far this week. In very good shape, just getting back into flow of practice/playing.
Nice. NJ is going to be really key going forward with Dmac out. He is the only OLB that can somewhat duplicate the size/speed combo Dmac had.

Butt was aided by our defense essentially leaving him uncovered on just about every play. He was not special against us, and cleaning up TE coverage responsibilities should be priority #1 for the defense.

He was "covered". By Gamboa. Butt was too fast.
I think Gamboa was too slow, if that was truly the case. Every catch he had it seemed like there was no Buff defender in the picture. Honestly, it seemed more like poor coverage scheme or blown coverage most of the time than him doing anything special.

Great college football teams use their tight ends. It's typically the very last piece of the offensive game plan. Most teams simply want an extra guy along the OL.

Brown was a first team all-conference TE in 2014.
Not arguing that he's better than Butt, but if he returns to that kind of form (he missed a season due to injury), he could gash us similarly this weekend.

Gamboa is going to get eaten alive by the Ducks if we try to put him in coverage on anyone. I doubt we see him much on passing downs.

Great college football teams use their tight ends. It's typically the very last piece of the offensive game plan. Most teams simply want an extra guy along the OL.

Yep, whenever CU has had a good team they have utilized the TE a lot. Perak, Fuaria, Graham

Back