What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lendale White, Jeff Byers, Jesse White, Phil Loadholt, Casey Studdard, Zach Latimer..

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Are all guys that got away. Hawk would have done nothing to change that. Hawkins is a moron, plain and simple. I can't wait until that dumbass is fired. The sooner he's gone, the better off this program will be.

Last edited:
Re: Lendale White, Jeff Byers, Jesse White, Phil Loadholt, Casey Studdard, Zach Latim

Are all examples of the big ones who got away. Nick Kasa could have joined that group. He had every excuse in the world to leave the state, but somehow Hawk & co convinced him to stay. Of the "big three" that we've kept in the state the last three years, Kasa was by far the one most likely to leave. He didn't.

I'm now convinced that had Hawk been here, we would have landed those other guys. Yes, even Lendale.

And obviously I know that there's no way of knowing that for sure. But there's no denying that the borders have now been effectively sealed.

funny, the only one on that list who i would say CU had absolutely no chance to land at all was lendale white.

Re: Lendale White, Jeff Byers, Jesse White, Phil Loadholt, Casey Studdard, Zach Latim

Loadholt actually committed to Barnett but couldn't qualify. Studdard's dad played at UT, I think that he would have been a tough get for any coach. Byer's dad wrote Barnett a letter that he really appreciated the way his son was recruited, he just wanted to leave the state (Barnett read at recruiting luncheon). CU could have probably landed Jessie White if they wanted, but the staff was not high on him and was concerned about his father being an overbearing presence around the program. White's uncle was extremely critical of CU's facilities, it sounds like he would have been a reach for anybody. I don't know about Latimer.

I don't think there is any question this staff are better recruiters than the last, but some kids just want to go elsewhere.

Loadholt tried twice to get into CU, but could not. Can't fault anyone but Loadholt on that.

With the transient nature of the state of CO, it's no surprise that some kids just don't want to play in CO. Which makes what Hawk and Co have done these last three years in state all that more impressive.

I know the issues surrounding all those players. Lendale had some kind of family member (uncle, maybe) who felt he was mistreated by CU at some point. I can't remember the whole story, but he made it very clear from the beginning that he was not going to CU. I happen to think that if Hawk had been around, he would have corrected whatever issues led to that.

All those issues aside, we haven't had the top kid in the state leave for four years. Can you imagine what the team would have looked like had guys like Studdard, Latimer, Loadholt, Byers, etc stayed at CU? Well, I think we can expect to be keeping those kinds of players for the forseeable future.

Latimer was a natural mike linebacker but couldn't ever put on enough weight to play the position. He wasn't much more than a role player at OU.

Lendale had some kind of family member (uncle, maybe) who felt he was mistreated by CU at some point. I can't remember the whole story, but he made it very clear from the beginning that he was not going to CU. I happen to think that if Hawk had been around, he would have corrected whatever issues led to that.

if you heard all of that, then you must have heard the rumor about what the i$$ue wa$ with hi$ uncle and why he commited to u$c. allegedly.

Next year should be interesting. The state of Colorado looks to have a solid crop of prospects

Next year should be interesting. The state of Colorado looks to have a solid crop of prospects

yeah, someone said there is a legit bcs qb in the state. that would be real test of where this staff is. no legit bcs qb from colorado has signed with CU since ochs.

yeah, someone said there is a legit bcs qb in the state. that would be real test of where this staff is. no legit bcs qb from colorado has signed with CU since ochs.

And Cody will bo going into his senior year after that class, so the coaches son excuse should not be a factor.

The only other "legit BCS QB" from Colorado since Ochs would be Jack Elway, and I'm not convinced he's really all that great. It would surprise me if he ever starts at ASU. I think he went there for the pretty girls and because he knew with his name he could score at will.

The only other "legit BCS QB" from Colorado since Ochs would be Jack Elway, and I'm not convinced he's really all that great. It would surprise me if he ever starts at ASU. I think he went there for the pretty girls and because he knew with his name he could score at will.

andrew walter.

zach robinson.

The kid to whom you are referring is named Hindler, from Steamboat Springs. The article on rivals said he has a legitimate shot to be an elite 11 qb. He holds an offer from Cal, who he said was his favorite team since he was a kiddo. He will put sacky's theory that Hawk can land all top Colorado talent to the test.

andrew walter.

zach robinson.

Robinson is another example of a kid who would not have gotten away had Hawk been here. I'm gagging on where Walter ended up. I remember the name but I can't place the kid. ASU?

More than just solid. Maybe the best crop of players in the last 5-7 years.

There's probably two BCS type QBs, but Austin Hinder is a 4* if not higher player and will be one of the top QBs in the country next year. He wowed at the Army AA game junior combine. He's thin, but he's got a big frame and can put some pounds on. The other is Danny Spond from Columbine, he's much more raw than Hinder, and could possibly be a player a different position. I'm guessing he'll be a 3 star player.

The kid to whom you are referring is named Hindler, from Steamboat Springs. The article on rivals said he has a legitimate shot to be an elite 11 qb. He holds an offer from Cal, who he said was his favorite team since he was a kiddo. He will put sacky's theory that Hawk can land all top Colorado talent to the test.

The true test of that theory was Kasa. A kid who didn't grow up here, reportedly always loved the gators, who got his "dream" offer, and then decided CU was a better fit for him. If Hawk really wants Hinder, he'll do everything possible to convince him that Boulder is the right place for him.

Walter went to ASU and then played for the Raiders for a while I belive.

andrew walter.

My recollection is that Walters was in bag, but then something happened (Ochs) and he decided to go ASU.

Although not an instate kid, the story about losing Carson Palmer still stings.

Walter went to ASU and then played for the Raiders for a while I belive.

Right. Ok, now I remember. That was before Ochs, though. Or at least right around the same time. If Ochs was here, then it's not surprising Walter would have gone elsewhere, believing Ochs would be the starter for another three years.

The true test of that theory was Kasa. A kid who didn't grow up here, reportedly always loved the gators, who got his "dream" offer, and then decided CU was a better fit for him. If Hawk really wants Hinder, he'll do everything possible to convince him that Boulder is the right place for him.

Cal is Hinder's "dream" school. His grandfather went there. They were his first offer. It will be just as tough a test (maybe more so) as Kasa.

Right. Ok, now I remember. That was before Ochs, though. Or at least right around the same time. If Ochs was here, then it's not surprising Walter would have gone elsewhere, believing Ochs would be the starter for another three years.

Ochs and Walter were in the same class. Barnett committed to Ochs' dad that CU would not recruit another qb in that class in exchange for the commit, which is why they walked away from Walter.

That is a pretty common tactic in recruiting, and Ochs was thought to be the better player coming out of high school. It just didn't turn out like one might hope.

andrew walter wanted to transfer to cu in 2002 and barney turned him down.

Cal is Hinder's "dream" school. His grandfather went there. They were his first offer. It will be just as tough a test (maybe more so) as Kasa.

We'll find out eventually. But from my pedestrian point of view, it's easier to compete against Cal than Florida. Hinder hasn't said anything along the lines of "I'm going out of state" or "CU is not a place I want to go" a la Lendale White. Cal doesn't offer anything all that special, IMO, other than being in California. East bay, no less.

I don´t know if there´s any truth to the rumor, but weren´t some people talking about converting Kasa to a TE at UF? If so, I guess that might play a role also in why Kasa changed his commitment.

We'll find out eventually. But from my pedestrian point of view, it's easier to compete against Cal than Florida. Hinder hasn't said anything along the lines of "I'm going out of state" or "CU is not a place I want to go" a la Lendale White. Cal doesn't offer anything all that special, IMO, other than being in California. East bay, no less.

Tedford has a hell of a rep as a quarterback coach. Also, it is a great academic school. If I was a college-bound kid, it would be my choice if I was to go to school in Cali (assuming they'd lower their qualification standards to my level)

I would say getting to work with Jeff Tedford would be pretty special for a high school QB. I'm not saying we have no shot or anything, it just does not get a whole lot easier next year for Hawk. Should be fun to watch.

I would say getting to work with Jeff Tedford would be pretty special for a high school QB. I'm not saying we have no shot or anything, it just does not get a whole lot easier next year for Hawk. Should be fun to watch.

What channel is it on? :)

No, it's not getting any easier, but let's take a look at who Hawk has kept, and who he was competing against to keep the player:

Kasa - Florida
Major - Oklahoma
Miller - Notre Dame.

I'd say our chances are better than average, given Hawk's history.

Not only some major studs next year...but the 2011 Colorado class could provide the top RB recruit in the nation in Adonis Ameen-Moore from Mullen....if we can continue to land these studs every year than you can only expect GREAT things to come

Continuing this trend will be VERY important for the program

Back