What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles News

no he wont be... are you kidding me... why the **** would he want to stay in the conference he just got a team out of... are you ****ing high
It was in the paper today. The reason he might leave, as stated in the paper, is that he makes 300k and the outgoing ku ad was making 900k. That's about 600k reasons, by my math.

It was in the paper today. The reason he might leave, as stated in the paper, is that he makes 300k and the outgoing ku ad was making 900k. That's about 600k reasons, by my math.

That assumes that KU is going to pay the same for the next AD. I've got to believe they realize that they over-paid by a ton.

Regardless, it would be a pay increase. But Bohn will be getting a raise, he wants to be at CU, and he has personal/family reasons not to move. I'm not concerned that he might leave. And if he did, he's replaceable (although I like him and the job he is doing).

I don't claim to know anything other than what was in the paper and my initial post on this was more of a joke. That said, he is a KU grad, so it's not like he doesn't have any ties.

But why would he want to move to Laurence, have to work with Don Beebe and Deloss, and with a program under NCAA investigation and an even worse football program?

He just slid us into the Pac-12, I would bet he is simply letting his name be thrown around in the interest of negotiating a raise for himself here. If he does not get it, then he probably figures he can have experience getting KU into a different conference in a year or two anyway. Good for him. If he can amke 3-400k a year more somewhere else, then he has to take care of his family. I have no problem with that. I would like to see CU go after Mac as AD if that happened (if Mac is not the coach.)

Are you people living on planet earth? He's not some fan. This is his livelihood. If, I say if, he actually gets an offer to triple his salary he would go. Plus, he's a KU alum to boot. I doubt he hates Laurence.

Are you people living on planet earth? He's not some fan. This is his livelihood. If, I say if, he actually gets an offer to triple his salary he would go. Plus, he's a KU alum to boot. I doubt he hates Laurence.

Who is "Laurence?"

Is he related to "Bonn?"

I thought Bonn was a city in Germany while Mike Bohn is the CU AD, and that Laurence was Fishburne (who by the way could kick Samuel Jackson's butt). Lawrence, meanwhile, is a pitiful little town in KS.

It's where the Buffs play today. And where the world will end if they lose.

Who is "Laurence?"

Is he related to "Bonn?"

I thought Bonn was a city in Germany while Mike Bohn is the CU AD, and that Laurence was Fishburne (who by the way could kick Samuel Jackson's butt). Lawrence, meanwhile, is a pitiful little town in KS.

It's where the Buffs play today. And where the world will end if they lose.

The proper name spelling Nazi strikes. You go man!

Bohn just told Beebe and DeLoss to go f**k themselves by abandoning their self-destructing conference...you think he wants to go back? I'm sure he'd be welcomed back with open arms. :rolling_eyes:

Dude, this is his profession. He is a professional and so are the rest of the people he is dealing with. They typically don't get butt hurt like fans do after making big decisions. It's just business for them. The old ku ad makes triple the money.

Dude, this is his profession. He is a professional and so are the rest of the people he is dealing with. They typically don't get butt hurt like fans do after making big decisions. It's just business for them. The old ku ad makes triple the money.

the operative word is typically... are you gonna tell me this realignment is a typical situation

I think Bohn stays and makes sure to hire another coach here because the epic Hawkins failure is still a big knock on his resume. He hires somebody new and we start to win 7-8 games and become somewhat respectible again and then maybe goes to a bigger program down the line maybe a Big Ten school or SEC school but not anyplace in the Mack 10. Maybe he goes to work for Larry Scott. Can't see him going back to KU plus many KU fans don't want him.

The idea that Bohn would go to be the AD at KU is simply absurd. He might be angling for a raise at CU, but that will be all that comes of this. Honestly. The ridiculousness of this story is amazing. Think, people.
It's KANSAS. They can't afford to fire their worthless coach, they just got jobbed out of being in a halfway decent conference, they are worse off than us, financially, and... and... it's KANSAS for cryin out loud. Puh-lease. This story has no legs.

Dude, those are his colleagues - if your colleagues believe you left them high and dry it can affect the relationship, this isn't about feelings. I could actually see KU offering a lot of money to Bohn with his marching orders to "get us the hell out of this conference". Personally I think 3 things are true:

1. CU is going to offer Bohn a raise
2. KU isn't paying the next AD anywhere near $900k
3. Bohn did a lot of work to get CU into the Pac 12 and will want to be around to participate in the new conference.

Well, we can put this Miles stuff to bed. LSU rolls on again, and have a good shot at the title, assuming chaos ensues. LSU would be foolish to let the Mad Hatter get away.

Back