What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles News

Fire, meet fuel.

From Twitter:

KyleRingo
Just spent time on the radio in Baton Rouge talking about the possibility of Les Miles coming back to Boulder. Interesting possibilty

How much of that time was spent on the radio discussing the wisdom of keeping the juicebox?

Here's how I see it could potentially play out:

1. LSU loses 2 of its last 4 games to finish 9-3.
2. The crazy SEC fans down in the bayou completely flip out over finishing 4th in the SEC West behind Alabama, Arkansas and Auburn.
3. Calls to Miles' home and office (day and night), harassment of him, his wife and his kids in public gets even worse.
4. As a family, they decide that life is too short to be unhappy, they're financially set, and they'd rather live, work and raise their kids somewhere they love, would be appreciated and have lifelong friends... Colorado. Even if it means only making $2.5 million or so a year.
5. Miles and the LSU administration (under intense pressure) amicably part ways with positive statements to the press and everyone glad to be rid of each other.

See if you can find his phone number on Google. Im sure the members of Barzil will happily play their part to make this happen. :lol:

It's fun to speculate, but here's what I can't reconcile: we acknowledge that Miles would be taking a paycut to come here, but the guy has an escalator clause in his contract that ensures he is the highest paid coach in the SEC - does that sound like a guy who isn't highly motivated by being paid at an elite level? I hope I'm reading too much into that, but it sounds like a guy whose ego is tied to his fat salary...maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I don't think you're wrong there, Ratz, HOWEVER... when was that contact last amended? I guess my point is that something could have changed his mind since his last contract agreement. Something could have happened that made him re-evaluate things and decide getting away was the best option? Who knows.

I don't think you're wrong there, Ratz, HOWEVER... when was that contact last amended? I guess my point is that something could have changed his mind since his last contract agreement. Something could have happened that made him re-evaluate things and decide getting away was the best option? Who knows.

My guess (just a guess) is that it was last amended after the NC, when times where at their best. I'm sure a lot has changed down there since then.

My guess (just a guess) is that it was last amended after the NC, when times where at their best. I'm sure a lot has changed down there since then.

That's exactly when it was done. Between the end of the season and the BCS championship game. One of the amendments they put in was a big buyout clause if Miles terminated the contract... to go to Michigan. The other side of that was the escalator clause (highest paid SEC coach by $1k), extension so there were 5 more years left on the deal, automatic extension of contract by a year for every 8-win or more season, and a buyout if LSU terminates that went to the full value of the contract ($1.8 million a year at time of extension but now up to $3.75 a year).

Since signing the contract, Miles went 8-5 and 9-4. Really, missing on Ryan Perriloux is the big reason. The 5* QB prospect was going to be a redshirt junior in 2008 ready to take over for JaMarcus Russell and maybe be even better. Miles had to kick Perrilloux off the team and he's been searching for a QB. This year, they are 7-1 despite continuing QB issues. Jefferson can't throw and Lee can't run. One of the things LSU fans are mad about Miles about is the fact that Jefferson hasn't developed and it's his third year in the program. If he was playing well, they'd probably be the best team in the country this year.

That's exactly when it was done. Between the end of the season and the BCS championship game. One of the amendments they put in was a big buyout clause if Miles terminated the contract... to go to Michigan. The other side of that was the escalator clause (highest paid SEC coach by $1k), extension so there were 5 more years left on the deal, automatic extension of contract by a year for every 8-win or more season, and a buyout if LSU terminates that went to the full value of the contract ($1.8 million a year at time of extension but now up to $3.75 a year).

Since signing the contract, Miles went 8-5 and 9-4. Really, missing on Ryan Perriloux is the big reason. The 5* QB prospect was going to be a redshirt junior in 2008 ready to take over for JaMarcus Russell and maybe be even better. Miles had to kick Perrilloux off the team and he's been searching for a QB. This year, they are 7-1 despite continuing QB issues. Jefferson can't throw and Lee can't run. One of the things LSU fans are mad at Miles about is the fact that Jefferson hasn't developed and it's his third year in the program. If he was playing well, they'd probably be the best team in the country this year.

Has enough of this become dated that it can be moved to the main football forum?

bcs, it was your thread and your scoop. What say you?

Anyone else post anything they want kept off the main board?

Boulder Buff might not want the world to see he's gonna cheer for 'Bama this weekend. :smile2:

Has enough of this become dated that it can be moved to the main football forum?

bcs, it was your thread and your scoop. What say you?

Anyone else post anything they want kept off the main board?

im alright with it...

Wait til Plati sees we have a secret forum that he can't access. He'll Shiat bricks.

Well, someone will tell him we just use it to exchange our favorite recipes...:wink2:. You can't keep a secret like that for very long.

The bizarre thing is that Miles never seems to get burnt by his clock management gaffes. I'd love to have someone more level headed and cerebral like Jon Embree on the sideline or in the box to help out if we hire Miles.

And... Herm Edwards is worse. In fact, he was so bad that any clock management mistake should probably be called a Herm. :lol:

He lost to Ole Miss last year because of his clock management.

les_clock.jpg
He lost to Ole Miss last year because of his clock management.
Add on last year's Capitol One Bowl, and he was damn lucky to beat Auburn the year he won the BCS Championship. TD pass completed with 1 second left on the clock. In addition to that the Tennessee game this year.

My Aunt and Uncle are big time Michigan boosters and they said what they are hearing is The Mich AD is no longer interested in Miles because Les Miles is interested in another job...The Colorado Job and Miles has reached out to Mike Bohn via back channels
He is making almost 4 million a year at LSU. Where in the hell is CU going to get money like that?

He is making almost 4 million a year at LSU. Where in the hell is CU going to get money like that?

You're assuming CU would have to match his current salary.

I think everyone agrees that if that is the case it won't happen.

The only way this is real is if LSU fires Miles or if Miles decides that money isn't the primary motivator for him any more and he is willing to drop to about $2.5 million a year for what he and his family would consider a better quality of life. Or some mix of the two, with some sort of settlement reached so they can go their separate ways (which is what everyone seems to want).

I just don't see him leaving LSU on his own accord for us, unless he's fired for some reason, though that'll likely happen unless he abuses a player, or is caught paying one. Then I wouldn't want him.

Back