What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Les Miles Watch 2015

I'm still glad that Les will be somewhere else. Baton Rouge and LSU are not known for their high caliber society, let's say, but even those folks are a bit tired of that coaching staff's antics and proclivities. Boulder and the West Coast recruiting trails would dry up even more quickly. I'm not a believer that he'd bring in more money in the long run. In the first year or two - until CU's money got to know him. Then I think not. "Not" in capital letters, too. There's a reason Boone Pickens didn't give all that money to Okla State while Les was there.

I like Les. I think he has done a good job at OSU and LSU. Having said that, if you ever listen to him talk, you have to wonder if he took one too many shots to the melon back in the day.

"Yeah, we never wanted Les Miles anyways"
- CU fans after learning Miles would be back at LSU
No, I would have been thrilled if LM came here, just saying the guy sounds a little like Yogi Berra, without the unintended wit, to me.

No, I would have been thrilled if LM came here, just saying the guy sounds a little like Yogi Berra, without the unintended wit, to me.
I was more referring to Buffalo Chuck's comment. It's no secret that Les is a little... Err... "Off"... Dude is a little bit of a space cadet but has the staff connections, tip top resume, and recruits his balls off.

SIAP

Here's the dirt on what actually happened with LSU and Miles. Apparently, school officials were in negotiations with Jimbo Fisher, then Gov. Jindal and other heavyweights stepped in when they found out that the cost of firing Miles + buying out Fisher's FSU contract would have been $22 million. Then with firing the staff and hiring a new one (plus Jimbo's salary), they were looking at $30 million to make the move. Crazy for a state and university in financial crisis, but it almost happened.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/14179166-63/sources-lsu-jimbo-fisher-entered

Last edited:
we can't have nice things. i do feel like the the looseeanna pols did the right thing forcing this. that was a huge spend to fire a winner. but, we lose the chance to try win what would have been a pretty aggressive courting process.

inner last shred of hope: miles gets pissed at how he was mistreated (and he was mistreated by his own boss and the school) and shanks them by announcing on the eve of signing day that he's quitting and coming to CU and bringing a bunch of his staff and recruits with him. ok, it isn't happening. i know. but, it would be cool.

we can't have nice things. i do feel like the the looseeanna pols did the right thing forcing this. that was a huge spend to fire a winner. but, we lose the chance to try win what would have been a pretty aggressive courting process.

inner last shred of hope: miles gets pissed at how he was mistreated (and he was mistreated by his own boss and the school) and shanks them by announcing on the eve of signing day that he's quitting and coming to CU and bringing a bunch of his staff and recruits with him. ok, it isn't happening. i know. but, it would be cool.
If les were a few years younger He might have told em to shove it. But as close as lsu is talent-wise to a national championship les didnt to walk away.

But whether les is interested in cu or not, it wouldnt shock me if les quietly looked around for another job and then offered to let lsu off the hook for the buyout.

It's good to see politicians doing the right thing for their constituents. $30M in coach contract buyouts is ridiculous use of taxpayer funds.

I can't wrap my mind around a governor forcing a school to keep a national championship caliber coach to stay at a public university.

How does Colorado get something like that?

It's good to see politicians doing the right thing for their constituents. $30M in coach contract buyouts is ridiculous use of taxpayer funds.
I thought CU fans were smarter than this. Not all university funds come from the "taxpayer," in fact, most university funds don't (especially athletics funds). Continuing to promote the myth that "taxpayers" pay for coaches' buyouts, or stadium expansions, or athletics facilities (even in other states) hurts Colorado when we need to fire a coach, renovate Folsom or Coors, or build an IPF.

I thought CU fans were smarter than this. Not all university funds come from the "taxpayer," in fact, most university funds don't (especially athletics funds). Continuing to promote the myth that "taxpayers" pay for coaches' buyouts, or stadium expansions, or athletics facilities (even in other states) hurts Colorado when we need to fire a coach, renovate Folsom or Coors, or build an IPF.

True, but Colorado is also on the hook for Hawk and his pension in 20ish years as a guy with 5 years making 2MM. While not a huge sum there is still cash to be spent on him.

hawkins gets a state pension? after 5 years of suck?

lord, no wonder our guv'mint can't run right.

Back