What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let the meltdown begin

From the point we were up 10-0 (which should have been 13 or 17 nothing)... CSU thoroughly and completely dominated this game. Wasn't even close. Ass kicking.

#IsItNovemberYet

That was bad....completely deflating to see the team pushed around like that on the field. Don't even know what to think right now. I like MMac but I don't know if anyone can turn this around.

Sure it can be turned around but a dline that bad is a problem, not the only one but glaring. It's a good thing to have big dtackles but they might wanna be able to make plays too.

Because we should of won. We have more talent (supposedly) and CSU had lost all of their best players. We were outcoached and outplayed. Accept it. No bowl game.

Anyone that thought there was a chance of a bowl game this hasn't been playing attention.

That was bad....completely deflating to see the team pushed around like that on the field. Don't even know what to think right now. I like MMac but I don't know if anyone can turn this around.

They've broken me. I think at this point the program will never be more than a "once was."

The apathy from the AD during and after Barnett and the bad coaching hires have put them in a place they'll never recover from.

C'mon, I think anyone being objective will concede:
1) It's nice to see the QB throwing the ball with his feet planted rather than running away from the 4 pass rushers that didn't notice we're starting an OL.
2) CSU recognized and exploited a single defensive weakness- one there wasn't much the coaches could do to scheme around without giving up everything else on the field. Admittedly, it looks like something that will haunt us all season, but not something game-day coaching is going to resolve without selling out-- a solution that likely would've worked out badly either way in a close game.
3). The idea that we're significantly better "on paper" is laughable. The best player on paper coming into the game is the player that ran all over us. It seemed fashionable to laugh him off as a washed-up invalid before the game, but he showed why he got a Bama scholarship. Anyone who thinks the rest of the rosters were that different hasn't been reading the signing day threads here the last few years.

I'm not arguing it was a good result or that it wasn't embarrassing, but it's folly to be calling for a new coaching staff at this point. Anyone who thinks we're going to attract a coach with other options is kidding himself. Our DL is going to get abused this year, but the offensive play calling worked for most of the game and for the first time in about a decade the OL wasn't a liability. I'm willing to see how this plays out with Mac rather than rolling the dice on this administration getting a crack at hiring another HC. Anyone who thinks firing a coach every two years if you don't like the results is a recipe for success doesn't watch much college football.

Last edited:
C'mon, I think anyone being objective will concede:
1) It's nice to see the QB throwing the ball with his feet planted rather than running away from the 4 pass rushers that didn't notice we're starting an OL.
2) CSU recognized and exploited a single defensive weakness- one there wasn't much the coaches could do to scheme around without giving up everything else on the field. Admittedly, it looks like something that will haunt us all season, but not something game-day coaching is going to resolve without selling out-- a solution that likely would've worked out badly either way in a close game.
3). The idea that we're significantly better "on paper" is laughable. The best player on paper coming into the game is the player that ran all over us. It seemed fashionable to laugh him off as a washed-up invalid before the game, but he showed why he got a Bama scholarship. Anyone who thinks the rest of the rosters were that different hasn't been reading the signing day threads here the last few years.

I'm not arguing it was a good result or that it wasn't embarrassing, but it's folly to be calling for a new coaching staff at this point. Anyone who thinks we're going to attract a coach with other options is kidding himself. Our DL is going to get abused this year, but the offensive play calling worked for most of the game and for the first time in about a decade the OL wasn't a liability. I'm willing to see how this plays out with Mac rather than rolling the dice on this administration getting a crack at hiring another HC. Anyone who thinks firing a coach every two years if you don't like the results is a recipe for success doesn't watch much college football.

thats how Oklahoma pulled out of their tailspin.

First, I don't be the "we can never turn this around" talk. We can and will. That said, man, for the first time, I have serious doubts about this staff. They were schooled by sparkles tonight. Immediately after the game, I was "I can't do this (season tickets) anymore. It just isn't worth it." My wife had such a miserable time she said, "Don't ask me to go to anymore games," and she is dead serious. I have no hope for the immediate future. My one hope was that this staff could "coach up" lesser talent. That is why I could kind of live with recruiting the 2/3 star guys. Maybe Mac will turn it around. I hope so. But I'm not holding my breath. This showing puts a lot of pressure on Rick George.

I fell for it again, CSUs rebuilding oline couldn't possibly dominate our awesome dline could they? I am seriously questioning my support once again. Can't believe I paid to watch that garbage. When will the pain ever end for us suffering fans?

It's been a lot of years since I've felt that CU was the tougher team on the field. Not just in this series, but in general.

Before we can hope to see decent football again, our team has to stop being soft.

It's been a lot of years since I've felt that CU was the tougher team on the field. Not just in this series, but in general.

Before we can hope to see decent football again, our team has to stop being soft.

Need to bring in a CU guy and go back to the old days IMO :lol:

(No, in all seriousness I completely agree, Nik)

Maybe we can recruit this guy, he's big, and probably tougher than our current DL.

sta-puft.jpg

Agreed. Most of the the guys play their guys out, but others fade in the moment. Ain't going to change until they hold each other accountable and fully commit.

I do wonder if they kept their base defense on most of the game to utilize as a coaching opportunity. Break down missed opportunities and lack of hustle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, I don't be the "we can never turn this around" talk. We can and will. That said, man, for the first time, I have serious doubts about this staff. They were schooled by sparkles tonight. Immediately after the game, I was "I can't do this (season tickets) anymore. It just isn't worth it." My wife had such a miserable time she said, "Don't ask me to go to anymore games," and she is dead serious. I have no hope for the immediate future. My one hope was that this staff could "coach up" lesser talent. That is why I could kind of live with recruiting the 2/3 star guys. Maybe Mac will turn it around. I hope so. But I'm not holding my breath. This showing puts a lot of pressure on Rick George.

Boy, I wonder what you all would have said about US chances to win the Second World War after Kaserine Pass. (I was a History major--so I think in terms of historical references, and if you have problems with that you can take them up with my 18 year old self who stupidly chose a major as useless as history). Almost every team has a bad game, or bad season, every once in a while. Betsy Hoffman gave us the functional equivalent of a self-imposed NCAA death penalty for CU, and think how long it took SMU to pull out of the death penalty they got, even temporarily. When Hawk said that CU was burnt to the ground, he was right (little did we know that he would take a giant excavator, dig a big pit on the ruins, and then bury the ashes at the bottom of the pit, with the giant excavator having fallen in, and then set on fire by pigmies). We were, and are, in the depths of a big pit, and it is difficult to dig out. The question you (and I use the global "you" to mean the nattering nabobs of negativism on this board, not meaning to pick on DBT in particular) have to ask yourself is whether you are a CU fan after all. Whether you will stick with your team, or just give up. And yeah, I know that lots of us (self included) have stuck with this team for quite a while, and have given our hearts and money, and time, and lots of other stuff to this program. But it doesn't matter if they suck. It doesn't matter if they loose every freaking game for a decade. They are the CU Buffaloes. Walking away, or giving up hope (even if it is only a fool's hope) is not going to help things.

Maybe I am just one of those fools who sings the alma mater at each game, and who means it. The words means something to me, and they should to all of us:

Hail, all hail our alma mater
Ever will our hearts be true
You will live with us forever
Loyal will we be to you
We sing forever your praises
Evermore our love renew
Pledge our whole devotion to you
Dear old CU.

Back